The Hunger Games - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hunger Games Reviews

½ January 12, 2017
Amazing. It makes the book come alive in an enlightening way, though missing some details. This is one movie I'll never forget.
January 8, 2017
Having never read any of the books, yet knowing the premise of the franchise, I have to say one of the weirdest elements I found was that the main selling point, a bunch of kids forced to fight to the death, wasn't even featured until well over an hour into it. You could make the case that means it gives you more time to get to know the characters, but the characters just aren't that great. They're never bad per say, yet a big discerning point for me. Plus the whole point of a first movie in a franchise is to get you to see more, and I can say I'm really not motivated to see more.
January 5, 2017
This is the beginning of a great movie series! This movie truly, in my opinion, has a great concept to it and really is more than just a movie.
January 3, 2017
A really great film, but some of the cinematography could have been better. At times, it was an interesting effect, but at times, all it looked like was a camera being shaken too much. Overall, the plot was very close to the book, and the details they left out weren't that noticable. I loved this film just as much as the novel. Can't wait for Catching Fire!
January 2, 2017
A good intro to an interesting franchise.
December 31, 2016
Boasting an unforgettable performance from a brunette Jennifer Lawrence in the role of Katniss Everdeen and plenty of thrills to go with its dark dramatic themes, The Hunger Games represents the pinnacle of movies based off of young adult novels. It's intense, it's dramatic and it's even thought-provoking as, like the novel, it makes us wonder what it would be like if in the future there was a reality show where for sport those from the ages of 12 to 18 end up killing each other as punishment for a past rebellion.
December 31, 2016
Love this movie. Couldn't wait for it to come out. Great casting. You can definitely see the changes from the book to the movie. Some improved things. Love Woody in this.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 29, 2016
A good movie. Good acting and a good plot. The action and special effects were good.
½ December 22, 2016
Hunger games is a dystopian ya novel and this is the first in the trilogy of books being the first it has to draw non-readers and readers of the source material into the world of the series.and that's a lot but it encompasses all it needs to without feeling like a drag it feels like each scene Is torn straight from the books jeniffer Lawrence is a great female actress as katness I feel like this is a prime example of how to adapt a book into a movie without boring any newcomers or old to the series
December 18, 2016
Il film e' passabile, ma manca di profondita'.

Non e' la prima volta che un qualche autore si inventa una storia incentrata su una sorta di Grande Fratello "all'ultimo sangue", ma devo ammettere che The Hunger Games mantiene una sua originalita' e per questo mi e' senz'altro piaciuto.
Pero', secondo il mio parere, nel film e' stato trattato solo marginalmente il punto chiave che scatenera' gli eventi cruciali descritti nei capitoli successivi; da quel che so' questo aspetto nei romanzi e' stato piuttosto curato, ma probabilmente non c'e' stato modo di renderlo efficacemente nella versione cinematografica, nonostante abbia riscontrato parecchi tempi morti che si sarebbero potuti sfruttare per questo scopo.

Quindi vedremo nei prossimi episodi se si riuscirÓ a far sbocciare questa promettente storia anche sul grande schermo. Per quel che mi riguarda, sono piuttosto curioso di vedere come andra' a finire la vicenda.
December 16, 2016
Jennifer Lawrence breaks out as a star in this film as she and Pita endure the difficulties of entering the "Hunger Games". This movie is the best in the franchise.
½ December 16, 2016
an explosive cocktail of adventure and suspense with the incredible heroine Jennifer Lawrence, in a visionary masterpiece by director Gary Ross
December 8, 2016
Incredible action movie!
½ December 5, 2016
wow ! without any dude one of the best movies on 2012 really i loved it !!
November 28, 2016
The one that started it all
½ November 22, 2016
The Hunger Games has its moments, but isn't nearly as amazing as the book its based off of.
½ November 16, 2016
Straight up awesomeness.
November 14, 2016
BEST MOVIE EVER ALL TIME FAVORITE YOU HAVE TOO SEE THIS IF YOU HAVENT BECAUSE IF YOU HAVENT THATS VERY SAD BECAUSE ITS KINDA OLD AND YOU HAD SO MUCH TIME TO SEE IT BECAUSE THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST ONE AND THEY MADE 4 OTHER MOVIES ALREADY AFTER THAT SO CATCH UP IF YOU HAVENT ???
½ November 9, 2016
Harsh and emotional, this adaptation is not far from a masterpiece.