The Hunger Games - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hunger Games Reviews

March 19, 2018
My sister had read the books and got me to go see it with her and I'm honestly glad she did. Gary Ross delivers an experience that doesn't hold back on the raw, gut-wrenching story that is The Hunger Games. After reading the source material later I was impressed how true he stayed to the source material which played to his favor. Not only that, but the cinematography and sound editing/mixing provided a shaky first-person camera feel that gives it the reality tv show aesthetic that it's supposed to have. I'd be remiss if I forget to give a nod to the performances of Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Woody Harrelson and Stanley Tucci who brought this experience to the next level. Overall, a worthwhile watch and you should definitely read the books if you get the chance.
March 9, 2018
Some of the worst casting ever
½ March 4, 2018
I liked it better when it was Running Man/Logans Run/Battle Royale. Sadly there is nothing new OR creative here, which is a shame.
March 4, 2018
Actually the plot seems really similar to "Battle Royale" novel written by Koushun Takami.
It is what it is, its fun.
If you are a teen girl, you will love it.
½ March 4, 2018
The hunger games is as thrilling and amazing as the book it was based on
½ February 25, 2018
directed by Michael J Fox
February 12, 2018
Thankfully, this adaptation of what is arguably the best YA Dystopian trilogy doesn't rely solely on knowledge of the books for enjoyment. You're perfectly capable of having a good time if you have never read the books. Alongside that, the acting in this movie is startlingly good with reasonable characters, intelligent decisions, and an unrelentingly bleak mood throughout the film.
With all of this praise, it may seem that "The Hunger Games" has a lot going for it-and it does. It's just a shame that you have to wait an hour and eight minutes before getting to the actual " Hunger Games."
½ February 12, 2018
It started slow but as it began to speed up, it was worth the wait. 'The Hunger Games' really delivered on gory action and emotional storytelling. The empathy drove the film towards a darker and more emotional film sprouting from a great idea. I rate 'The Hunger Games' 92%.
January 27, 2018
"The Hunger Games has thrilling action, suspense and heart to go along with terrific performances from Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Woody Harrelson. This is a movie that will have you on the edge of your seat despite the noticeable CGI.
January 15, 2018
The spectacular story of 16 year old Katniss Everdeen who volunteers to save her sister from the annual hunger games. Love it!
January 14, 2018
an intense, brutal, emotional, and well acted movie that shows just how brutal an anarchic society can become
½ January 7, 2018
Character development is okay, world building is great, and the plot is excellent! CGI is subpar, acting performances are bad, and Katniss and Peeta chemistry is the worst. Overall intriguing world and interesting storyline with weird ass casting choices, pretty much.
January 6, 2018
Amazing ????Very sad ?? rip primrose ??
January 5, 2018
This movie was GREAT. I loved The Hunger Games! It is a story filled with great likeable characters and thrilling action sequences. What I love about both the novel and the film was its relentless pace. Once the hunger games begin Katniss is never safe. The Sense of peril that I experienced while reading the novel is captured beautifully in this adaptation. I loved the action scenes and the way that they were filmed. They may have overused the shaky cam but for the most part it did a great job of making the scenes very dramatic and chaotic. More violence is needed for the Catching Fire movie in my opinion but I wasn't letdown by anything in this film. I love the performances from all the actors. Jennifer Lawrence steals the show and is perfectly cast as Katniss Everdeen. She plays the role with an extraordinary amount of care and attention. She portrays the courage and strength very well of the character while still be an immensly likeable and relatable character. I also loved Woody Harrelson as Haymitch, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, and Liam Hemsworth as Gale but none of them can compare to the awesome badass that is Katniss! I can't wait until Catching Fire comes out which in my opinion is an even better book than the original.
½ December 21, 2017
a good film that is both emotional and entertaining
December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Una dirección muy floja para la realización de los juegos del hambre, ligeramente perturbadora, y no es algo por lo que pagaría una entrada al cine.
½ December 14, 2017
Thrilling! #Awesome!
½ December 10, 2017
I love this movie so much, bro. I need to read the book..
November 20, 2017
Love the whole series. Great special effects.
November 16, 2017
I dont see what the fuss was about.