The Hunger Games - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hunger Games Reviews

½ December 10, 2017
I love this movie so much, bro. I need to read the book..
November 20, 2017
Love the whole series. Great special effects.
November 16, 2017
I dont see what the fuss was about.
November 15, 2017
Emocionante, te mantiene pegado al asiento. Buenos personajes y gran demostración de un gobierno opresor; el cual actualmente los jóvenes deben identificar y opinar sobre él.
½ November 3, 2017
I enjoyed this movie!!! Very true to the book, yet did not linger, which helped to keep the movie and story moving. This is a great beginning to the dark path that this young lady(Katniss) has to take. War is not pretty. Who has to die for someone to say that is enough. This story is more than a game show that only one survives and the others just go home. Real war, not often do you get to go home. Excellent performances, especially by Jennifer Lawrence. I have a feeling most people will need to see this movie again, to notice different story lines that will come up in later films. Well done with the story of Rue. To me it was very impactful in the book and also in the movie.Donald Sutherland, Lenny Kravitz, and Woody Harrelson Brought their characters to life. Josh did a great job as Peeta. It should be interesting to see in what direction they take the next two books.
October 15, 2017
Hunger Games is a post-apocalyptic dystopian science fiction action adventure film. Never been a fan of the genre but being a super popular movie decided to give it a go. Having already read the book it's based on I can say it has been faithful to the sources material, but I was never a fan of the book. Still a decent watch, it has an interesting plot although not original and very comic teenage type. It's a survival contest among a group of teenagers, fighting to the death and the last one gets to go free. The performance by the cast is good but what really gets the movie going is the fast-paced action and good production values.
October 1, 2017
Great adaption of a great book.
September 29, 2017
Good film with solid performances and great camera work.
September 18, 2017
The Hunger Games, is a intense start to the next big young adult franchise. The Plot to "The Hunger Games" is Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the evil Capitol of the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. A twisted punishment for a past uprising and an ongoing government intimidation tactic, The Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which "Tributes" must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

"The Hunger Games" is directed pretty well by "Gary Ross" also written by him and is spectacularly acted by "Jennifer Lawrence" and "Josh Hutcherson". The special effects in this film are a bit dated for 2012 but still acceptable and the score have a few stand out moments. Characters are probably the most important part in story's and my god did they hit the nail right on the head with "Jennifer Lawrence's" character Katniss Everdeen. The film also stayed quite close to the book but with a few unnecessary changes to it. Overall the first instalment to "The Hunger Games" franchise started off spectacularly with awesome acting, great characters and a suspenseful plot. I give 2012's "The Hunger Games" a 10/10.
½ September 4, 2017
Good start for the franchise.
½ August 23, 2017
An awkward blunder of character dynamics with a myriad of unrealistic plot elements---the disposition of the "elite" is at times aberrant and is inconsistent with the whole setup of the plot. Either way, I would at the very least commend the creative vision of Suzanne Collins.
½ August 15, 2017
I haven't read the book so I can't compare to that. It's a well made film with a big production and talented cast. Tiny bit surprised at being a 12a rating, it's basically teenagers fighting to the death by killing each other off! Also a theme similar to many films, Running Man, Battle Royal, The Condemned. So not that original but decent enough to check it out.
August 13, 2017
I don't remember a lot of the book but from what I remember this movie is a good rendition. The acting and cinematography are both good. I cried a couple of times. My only complaint is that they speed through a lot of the story so some sections feel cut off.
August 8, 2017
I did not know much about this series when I first saw this movie but i quite enjoyed it. The acting was good for the most part although josh hutcherson was not that great but got better in the other films. the story was good and interesting.

8.2/10
August 6, 2017
I enjoyed this film. Didn't know what to expect and started it knowing only the basic premis.
I like the idea, so credit to the novel (although its not new.. see Battle Royale). Well translated to screen it seems and had me engrossed all the way through. Some great bit parts from good actors...gotta love Stanley Tucci camping it up. Jennifer Lawrence is perfectly cast as Katniss - not cold, but not warm either. She has, as Empire Mag put it...'a steely determination to do whats right'. Looking forward to the next installments...
July 30, 2017
Don't you wish you could've told her to eat the berries, now these teen novels turned movies are going to be everywhere. Great.
July 17, 2017
Probably...no...this IS the most satisfying commercial movie experience I've had since "The Dark Knight". Filled with suspense and REAL stakes, more than competent directing from Gary Ross and a great lead performance from Jennifer Lawrence, "The Hunger Games" is a MUST SEE. Can't wait for part II!!!
July 16, 2017
I loved this film, it is just a good as the book, although I would recommend reading the book before hand because I found that it made it more enjoyable. I would definitely watch this film again, one of my favourite films of all time!
½ July 15, 2017
Good dystopian nonsense. Sure I would have given it 9/10 thirty years ago, but then I grew up...
½ June 25, 2017
La considero una muy fiel adaptación al libro! Excelente!