The Hurt Locker Reviews

• 3d ago

Fine war movie,, Long.

Fine war movie,, Long.

• Nov 23, 2020

An richly unsual modern war fable that almost becomes a character study about truly questionable people that seem in love with war itself. Director Bigelow scrutinizes the topics and characters with hefty intensity.

• Nov 23, 2020

A film that blows you away (literally and figuratively) with the stupidity of war and the way it destroys all involved in it

• Nov 22, 2020

I don't love the war drama genre outside of a few films. This was one of the better ones thanks to quality acting, some interesting characters, and really intense scenes.

• Nov 22, 2020

Bigelow proves masterful in her ability to elicit tension here as this film feels like a series of ultra nerve wracking moments strung together, a miniscule size sampling of what members of a bomb disposal unit face while on tour, both on the missions and during the downtime in between. Renner plays the lead quite well and reveals himself to be a more complex and multifaceted character as the film advances, causing my opinion and understanding of him to change multiple times throughout. Although most of us will never relate to what Renner's character is going through specifically, essentially getting high off the adrenaline created with each new threat, I think most humans can sympathize with the primal urge to challenge our emotions or push ourselves to, what may falsely appear to be in most cases, our psychological limits. Thankfully most of us can sate that urge from the safety of our homes with, for example, well crafted and emotionally stirring films from directors like Kathryn Bigelow. 8.5/10

• Nov 07, 2020

"Hurt Locker" may not be well known, but it is definitely worth checking out. It is a little overrated, but with it's low budget it shows everything it can. The authors of this definitely knew what an actual war might look like, how it drives people crazy. The feeling of modern warfare is transitioned beautifully mostly because of the locations the movie was filmed in and the ways the shots are taken. Tons of jump cuts deliver a constant sense of thrill and feeling like if you are in constant action. Actors are amazing, as they transition all the emotions correctly and some scenes, like the one where a man was chained to a bomb was shocking to me. It is a great war movie, although you feel like if its win was some sort of propaganda, it is way better than similar propaganda movies like "Argo". Overall this is a movie worth checking out, just for the way it was shot. Not many know of this, but the ones who watched would definitely say about how greatly it was shot. An 8/10, clever and beautiful.

• Oct 30, 2020

Oh..... my..... GOODNESSS! Besides a few issues here and there, "The Hurt Locker" is a near perfect film. It's tense, sometimes uncomfortable, fantastically acted and structured greatly. The Hurt Locker is one of the best War films I've seen in the past 20 years.

• Oct 01, 2020

Despite winning the 2008 Best Picture I feel that Hurt Locker is commonly overshadowed by other more grandiose war movies such as Saving Private Ryan or Full Metal Jacket, but I personally think that Hurt Locker is a film much more prevalent to the current war climate and a one I find more rewatchable then other dark war movies. I love Hurt Locker not only for its tension but also the moments of downtime which add to characters complexity and the viewers understanding of how their job affects them. However Hurt Locker does its first 40 minutes so well that the other 70 minutes never live up to the edge of your seat tension. Definitely not one to be overlooked.

• Sep 13, 2020

The film is beautiful and amazingly shot. I was very suprised that this film was made by a women (Kathryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty)), when I seen a woman make a film it is usualy very romantic and racial or feminine. One of the things I found most intresting is the cininitigherphy which made the film look like a documentary, with the shakey and realaistic movement. The acting by Renner (Avengers) is scary good. The original score is one of the best I have ever heard, the score sounds like a western mixed with Arabian music, so it makes it all the more tense the (best song from the score is The Way I Am by Buck Sanders, and Marco Beltrami). Like any good war film the best parts are the film editing and the sound. The sound design, esescaly the sound editing was amazing and well reconised, now the film editing is not the best I have seen but it's pretty good. The screenplay was diffrent fom many diffrent war films, it focused on the the EOD (explosive ordnance disposal) it also the only film to focus on this part of the military. The characters are increadebly made and executed by the actors, the most enjoyable and best character to watch is Staff Sergeant William James (Renner) because his character is so uniqe. Over all this film is amazing and and wildly original with great preformences and amazing directing from Kathryn Bigelow who has become my favorite woman director and I cant wait to see what she does next, this also shows that woman can direct amazing and uniqe films with risk, this film is in comparasin to be one of the greatest films in recent memory and will be with the Private Ryan of fills. This film is a 9.7/10.

• Sep 06, 2020

Ok war movie starring hawkeye.

Ok war movie starring hawkeye.