The Lighthouse Reviews

• 42m ago

While the performances were amazing, the movie left me walking out of the theater thinking "WTF did I just watch?" Now if that was the intention, then bravo, but the movie seemed to be going nowhere. It was obvious the crazy train was coming to town on this one all along, but when it arrived at the station it sort of just fell apart as it let out a last big blast of the horn. It's worth seeing if you have zero expectations for any kind of resolution, but the mind screwing it elicits just might not be worth your 110 minutes.

• Riley
    3h ago

Loved the cinematography, it was refreshing to see something visually different. I felt it was a really gripping story, especially when there are only two people on screen telling it. Reminded me of something Ari Aster might do, and I mean that in the best way. Cant wait to watch it again and I hope to see The Lighthouse come up in award season.

• John D
    4h ago

There was no story. It was about two men who got lonely and became sickly bizarre. Not interesting, not entertaining, not scary, just sick. I couldn't wait to leave the theater.

• Michael Church
    4h ago

A wonderfully Lovecraftian tale of madness and monsters.

A wonderfully Lovecraftian tale of madness and monsters.

• 4h ago

Utterly captivating, wonderfully acted and sublime cinematography. Virtual perfection.

• 6h ago

Weird but OMG Robert & William. I had doubts about Robert being able to play Batman, but he proved me wrong in this movie! So glad to see him do a role outside of the whole Twilight saga. Never was a William Defoe fan but he is the EPIC Sea Captain & trust me I know I was married to a commercial fisherman. He looked the part & acted the part & sounded the part. I walked out of the theater thinking....OMG what did I just watch lol! But I was impressed. The dark visual shots and William Defoe's old sea shanty's WOW. If they ever do a remake of The Old man & the Sea or Moby Dick they better hire William Defoe & Robert Pattison would make a excellent sea mate!

• Erinn N
    7h ago

It was so bad it was practically a parody of every self important movie ever. Horrible. Possibly the worst nonsensical movie Ive ever seen.

• The Mumbler
    12h ago

Bosom buddies gone bonkers in glorious B&W. Dafoe and Pattinson acting out of their minds. Everything looks and sounds great, down to the last pecked entrail.

• Deborah A
    14h ago

The acting was incredible and they should both win Oscars for it but the movie was a little strange for me

• Gary
    14h ago

Cinematography and acting were both incredible! Story and plot was lacking in entertainment value. I left very disappointed.