The Marine: Homefront - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Marine: Homefront Reviews

½ December 15, 2015
poor acting,plenty of action
July 15, 2015
THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING TO THE BEGINS TO THE END,GREAT JOOB EXCELLENT MOVIE..
July 18, 2014
This was a 5 star movie. Sadly it wasn't even in theatres because people stereotype it being made by the WWE. But I can say being an avid fan of the WWE for over 20 years. There movies have nothing the do with pro wrestling and is a retarded stereotype!!!!
July 7, 2014
Monday, July 7, 2014

(2013) The Marine 3: Homefront
ACTION/ SUSPENSE

You know, when I first got into Hong Kong action films of Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, John Woo and Yuen Woo-Ping during the 1980's and 1990's, I read in a magazine somewhere that the way they used to make films in Hong Kong, they would first come up with never-before-seen action and comedy routines/ sequences and then build a story around it. And for a very long time, I would use my fast-forward button while playing all the preliminaries, and just watch the action and comedy routines since the plot would always have to be secondary and non-existent anyway. The reason I'm saying this is that if I had just used my fast-forward button while playing the entire rabble-babble synopsis of this piece of junk and just watch the few action sequences it has, then my rating might've been higher since the plot is completely idiotic and phony in the first place. This is like, yet again, another one of those movies where they would show the characters portrayed not completely black and white. And I just hate those type of movies since theirs really isn't anyone to root for in this rather fictitious set up. It's like if whales are on the endangered species list, and then to justify keeping whales from being wiped out would also mean killing many innocent lives, or if bankers and CEO's are stealing the public's money would have to make a statement if it includes also killing innocent civilians, these acts totally contradicts the movies message or in actuality goes against the point of Martin Luther King and Gandhi.

Co-written and directed by Scott Wiper, starring WWE wrestler, Mike 'The Miz' Mizanin as Sgt. "Marine" Jake Carter who's just come home to his small town for a temporary leave, and finds out that his sisters are planning to sell their fathers estate property since they're unable to continue to make payments. While Jake's older sister is seeing the sheriff of this small town near Seattle, his other sister who is younger than him is seeing a guy he doesn't approve of. Meanwhile, frequent bad guy, Neal McDonough as Jonah Pope had just finished robbing and then burning some of this particular bank's money- a scene taken from "The Dark Knight". It's one of Jonah's political statements was to punish the bankers and CEO's who exploit citizens, for it was only a start for something bigger.
½ June 15, 2014
Steer well clear of this WWE picture. There is very little I found good about the film. The story is silly, the acting is terrible, the makeup and costuming was not convincing, the direction was all over the place, the cinematography made this movie look like it was a cheap made for youtube series, and there's so much repetition going on in the characters here that it hurt my brainpan.
The only thing about the film I thought had any redeeming qualities was the action. There are a few decent action sequences in the film but they are too few to bring this film up to a recommend.
In fact, I recommend staying far, far away from this movie. Not worth wasting your time over.
April 5, 2014
Not one person acts logically in this entire movie. And the movie breezes past the deaths of like a dozen cops; no biggie I guess.
½ March 9, 2014
Wow is this movie bad. Ever see a movie where not only does nothing make sense but everything actively defies all logic? Well this is worse than that.
February 4, 2014
It wasn't very good. The plot was laughable and the bad guys were idiots. And the scene with the swat guys was embarrassing. Main lead didn't feel or act like a marine. Pass on this one.
January 26, 2014
Same old song and dance. Predictable a d by the numbers action.
November 30, 2013
one was good 2 ok 3 not so much
November 17, 2013
The Miz is an awesome Marine!
November 9, 2013
This movie is getting a Dishonourable discharge!

Oh boy, this movie is bad. But what would you expect from a direct-to-DVD sequel to a movie that was already shit to start off with?

Let's start with how for the first ten minutes; everyone is smiling... Constantly... This is unnatural and creepy to say the least. There is no action until halfway through the movie, but the first action scene lasts less than a minute in fact, there is barely any action in this movie at all. There's just so much exposition and character development to fill up the runtime.

The dialogue and acting are so, so bad and the worst actor isn't even The Miz, it's the main villain who makes no sense. His delivery is close to non-existant and he has no facial expression for the entirety of the movie. Think Gerry's wife from WWZ. The villain wants to terrorist attack something... Because rich people are bad?

At one point in the movie, he robs the bank and burns all the money he takes. That kinda shit only works with The Joker from The Dark Knight because he was truly physchotic, this villain looked harmless. His crew all have emo hairdos for crying out loud!

The production values are about as existant as vampires. The special effects are cheap and very tacky, the cinematography is arse, sweeping shots and shaky cam run amok and green screen reigns supreme.

This is an awful movie... That's the debriefing... Wow, these military puns are bad, very bad...
November 9, 2013
If your in the need to watch 90 minutes of flash bang crash wallop rubbish, then you can do worse than this.
½ November 6, 2013
The Marine 3: Homefront isn't great, but there are worse things to watch in this genre.
October 17, 2013
I am a Marine and in my option if you are going to do a Marine movie do it right and do your research... the uniform in the beginning was all ****** up. On a service uniform chevron's do not go on the collar!!! This pisses me off!
½ June 17, 2013
Cool film! Just like he says The Miz is... Awesome!!!
½ May 25, 2013
The Marine 3 failed to deliver everything to an audience, foolish character / cliche action arrrrrrrr 86 minutes felt like 4 hour
May 6, 2013
Was a great film for its budget
½ May 1, 2013
Compared to the previews ones... I'd say it's let's crappy... But the end sucked!!
It's like the director realized, "oh shit we are getting close to the 90 min; time to finish this movie"....
At least it's let's shity than Scar-face from Pacino!! ;-)
½ April 25, 2013
Probably one of the better ones. Not bad.