The Maze Runner Reviews

• 2d ago

Its effective at being dark for a PG-13 movie. Its has some very good acting. It didn't feel like a 2 hour movie witch it good. Good scenery that makes is feel like the characters are in captivity. The creatures in this are pretty terrifying.

• Jun 23, 2019

Nothing we haven't seen before, but still offers a little intrigue and entertainment.

• May 13, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised by this post apocalyptic movie. It has some Lord of the Rings elements to it and has some decent action. It's not a classic by no means, but it's still fun to watch.

• Apr 29, 2019

The labyrinth is a science-fiction film. The history talks about a group of people who are locked up each their turns and they have to find the exit before being locked inside. I love this kind of movie because we nerver bored. The scène that marked me is in the movie 3 and it's the death of Newt , I was sad because i liked this character.

• Apr 28, 2019

The Maze Runner is one of many young adult novel movie adaptations that plan the series before movie one. As far as these types of movies go however, this one is one of the better. The good part of the film is the time spent within the maze, luckily this is most of the film so it is totally watchable. While having character, the main group is very one dimensional and throughout there is never a moment when they are force to make a particularly hard moral decision. The beginning is the best part because the small society manufactured within the maze is interesting to learn about, however the rest of the film involving the outside world is very cookie-cutter.

• Feb 27, 2019

It may have a pretty strong cast and some redeeming elements, but it's so dumb and boring for the parts that aren't incredibly stupid. 3.5/10

• Jan 19, 2019

Okay, so the movie itself was good, I just wished it stayed WAY closer to the book than it actually did. If the books did not exist, this would be (for me) 5/5 stars, but the books do exist and are the ENTIRE REASON WHY THIS MOVIE WAS MADE. It forgets MAJOR sections from the books and changed REALLY IMPORTANT THINGS to "make it more interesting". Yeah, well, you failed. Drastically. The really important things that they changed and parts that they cut out were (some of) the reasons why the books were so good. Tl;dr: The books will always be better than the movies, no matter how good the trailers are.

• Jan 18, 2019

Compared to the book, this is not good at all to say the least. Plot line is pretty much completely changed and it wasn't in good taste, in my opinion. Would have given 2 stars instead of 3, but the directors gave Will Poulter ten times more screen time than he would have had if they'd followed the book; he's such a good actor the movie deserves an extra star for giving him more lines.

• Jan 12, 2019

Strengths: What stands out about this film is the premise and the mystery surrounding where these characters are trapped. The film does a great job unveiling small pieces at a time of the mystery, while keeping you invested. The pacing was so strong. It starts with something interesting and never lingers on anything slow for too long. Even when scenes near that length, theyï¿ 1/2(TM)re the ones filled with key dialogue and things like that. The acting is stronger than youï¿ 1/2(TM)d usually get in a YA adaptation. Dylan Oï¿ 1/2(TM)Brien (Thomas) is a strong lead, Kaya Scodelario (Teresa) was good despite not getting a ton of screen time, and I thought Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Newt) was a standout. The visual effects on the Grievers and the maze itself are well done, ensuring the sci-fi portion of the movie comes off right. Weaknesses: A few characters come across as clichï¿ 1/2 (C)s and not like real people. Will Poulter (Gally) does his best, but the character is too over the top with his beliefs. It comes across as eye roll inducing more than anything. Also, he never feels like much of a threat and is bested rather easily. Though itï¿ 1/2(TM)s understandable that this is meant to be a trilogy, I didnï¿ 1/2(TM)t get the sense that there was enough resolution this go around. It didnï¿ 1/2(TM)t feel too earned when they got out in the end, as the fight through the maze was less impressive than expected. Overall: Not without its flaws, The Maze Runner was still much better than I expected. The action and mystery throughout is more than enough to keep you engaged and have you realizing that you just watched something dark, yet fun.

• Jan 07, 2019

An adaptation of the popular books series, never read the book series myself but the movie series with this being the first movie is very interesting. I would recommend to those who enjoy a light thriller movie or an fantasy adventure.