The Pajama Game Reviews

• Feb 02, 2019

The best musical movie ever made! With the best movie song ever sung: Hey There!

• Dec 31, 2017

Broadway musicals rarely get a transfer to the screen as exciting and faithful as this one; George Abbott and Stanley Donen co-directed this adaptation using Bob Fosse's choreography and most of the original Broadway cast, excluding Janis Paige, who was replaced by Doris Day. Hit songs included "Hey There," "Hernando's Hideaway," and "Steam Heat," the latter performed by the wonderful Carol Haney. Not to be missed.

• Jul 25, 2016

This is a famous movie. I like to see this film ?? into this pyjamas factory in America.

• Jul 17, 2015

Colorful, fun and great Fosse choreography, the PJ Game is everything a 1950's musical should be. Day is outstanding and not as classically stylized as her later performances became. Raitt is a powerful singer but a bit stilted on camera. The real stars are Haney and Foy and the production of Steam Heat is incredible.

• Jul 19, 2014

Just love watching Doris. A wonderful actress and she lights up a room with her smile. Never get bored watching her movies over and over.

• Mar 22, 2014

Good golly, why is this amazingly entertaining musical never mentioned in the same conversation as Singin' in the Rain and An American in Paris? It's every bit as wonderful and, dare I say, even more fun. It may not be on the same scale as all the MGM extravaganzas of yore, but directors Stanley Donen and George Abbot made the small budget work in their favor by being clever with the design and camera movements. Not to mention, Doris Day is superb in her no-nonsense, no-schmaltz role.

• Jan 31, 2014

Lame. Not very impressed with Doris Day at all.

Lame. Not very impressed with Doris Day at all.

• Sep 07, 2013