The Signal Reviews

• 2d ago

Engaging acting and a clever application of the couple and a buddy theme. Laurence Fishburne nicely plays the robotically menacing antagonist. The film plays with the viewer's questioning of what is real. But the film itself become perhaps a little too unreal at times.

• Mar 25, 2019

Pretty decent movie, was enjoyable though i was able to guess the plot twist fairly closely, very trippy most of the movie.

• Mar 24, 2019

The entire time watching this I felt like there was something missing. Some key ingredient within the plot. I can't put my finger on it but the sensation was there nonetheless. The reveal of 'Nomad' was pretty predictable from the get go. The movie starts off decently then slowly descends into ridiculous nonsense with an over-the-top final act that doesn't resemble the tone of everything that came before it. I also have to say the film failed miserably at trying to make me care about what was going on. All we're told is 2 computer wiz's try to locate a hacker, suffer a black out, wake up in a weird scientific medical facility, and there's extra terrestrials involved that carry some kind of virus. Where did these aliens come from? Why is this situation important and detrimental to this universe and its characters? If these were explained during the movie I must've missed out because from what I recall you're never told why any of the events within the plot matter. You can't expect the audience to care just because...well...you expect them to. The characters are all flat as well and none of them were memorable. The protagonists best friend(might as well refer to him by his part in the story rather than his name due to the aforementioned lack of memorable characters) doesn't appear for the entire middle act and then goes out in a bafflingly ludicrous sequence that resembles a cheap X-Men knockoff. The protagonist himself is simply 2 dimensional. The performance is fine, but the character is plain. The ending is also blown out of proportion. So was the main character abducted? Was he on a space ship the entire time after the blackout? What is his fate? Whatever. To give the film some modicum of credit, it did a semi-decent job of building tension for the first half hour or so. But my subjective issues with its script, characters, storytelling and pacing(this felt longet than an hour and a half), bog it down significantly. Also, the opening credits are obviously inspired by 'The Social Network' opening credits. "R U Agitated?" No, I'm bored.

• Mar 18, 2019

El suspenso te mantiene atento a lo que puede ocurrir, el final hara que te vuelvas a ver la pelicula una vez mas

• Mar 08, 2019

There seems to be a fair amount of hate out there for this one for some reason. If you enjoy science fiction it's worth a watch in my opinion.

• Dec 30, 2018

Allegories should stay in books... period. This movie makes no effing sense from beginning to end. I'm all for a psychological thrillers but I shouldn't need a special decoder ring, or cliffnotes, or to have to ponder on metaphysical existential BS in order to figure out a movie. If you really want one whopper of a pounding headache, I encourage you to watch this movie ...if you have any desire whatsoever to be entertained stay as far away from this movie as possible. It will just leave you extremely bewildered and confused at the end... I promise.

• Dec 29, 2018

• Oct 10, 2018

A very good sci-fi movie (not horror). The story is unique with a great ending. The way the movie is shot looks very good and believable. Its a fun watch thats a bit trippy bc they don't explain a lot as the movie advances, but by the end everything is revealed.

• Sep 14, 2018

The mystery is intriguing at first, but then ultimately fails. The ending was very dissatisfying and predictable. The only thing that saves this movie is Brenton's performance.

• Aug 02, 2018

Glad I watched it on Netflix as compared to buying ticket. Still, not so bad with a fairly good twist at end. Reminiscent of "Dark City" a great movie.