The Strangers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Strangers Reviews

January 8, 2018
A little slow at times but overall pretty creepy. And I will make sure to never stay in a cabin in the middle of nowhere...
½ January 5, 2018
TERRIBLE. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.
½ December 4, 2017
A boring waste of time, watch John Carpenter's Halloween instead of this knockoff.
November 27, 2017
If you don't like this movie, that's fine. But personally, I thought it was great.
½ November 17, 2017
This movie sucks it is nothing more than a broken record filled with horror cliches
October 25, 2017
Excellent build to a very good ending.
½ October 15, 2017
I can't believe I sat through this whole movie-nuff said
½ October 15, 2017
Characters you don't care about while the movie begs for you to care, pointless jump scares- 90% of the time the villains aren't even trying to scare the character, just the audience which makes for a completely pointless scene, awful dialogue, cheap ending and based on a true story? Lol yeah a couple was found dead by unknown murders aka the producers made up an ass bore of a story and added an interesting tag line to draw in audiences
September 29, 2017
Undoubtedly one of the worst movies ever made. Just terrible. Total waste of time.
September 19, 2017
There is not one bad thing that I can think of other than maybe shortening up a bit...all considered though- I have no clue when or where could have except ....well Im not gonna re-edit the movie. This movie is awesome....scary if "loosley" based on a true story or not. I have gone over at least 50 of the professional and non pro reviews...and I find them as awesome as the movie...think my fav was something on the line of..I hated it but it scared me- I dunno why...with I think one star...um ok you played yourself ... It scared you because its awesome, scary, realistic, dreamy- throughout the entire movie as the end is...but somehow...manges to snap you into and out of the dream like wispy state its kept you in for the entire film.
Brilliant is all I can say...and to those of you that didn't get it- I am so sorry for you. Watch it again...alone, in the dark- try to not be distracted by anything or anyone...I feel that some may change their minds. This movie is just one of the best frighteners of all time. Thank you to all that worked on it.??
September 9, 2017
if i could rate this -6 i would
September 3, 2017
Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman are a couple who have just had a major argument after Tyler refused Speedman's proposal. They try to make the best of the growing tension between one another and spend the night at Speedman's parents' summer home. Then a series of strange events begin to occur with a random woman knocking at their door and then items being thrown at the house. A home invasion ensues and Bryan Bertino amps up the suspense to unimaginable levels as they fight for survival in an uncertain manner. Showing monsters as human beings and giving off vague motives proves for an immensely creepy and unsettling experience. The film is full of twists and turns that keep you glued to the end.
½ September 2, 2017
While the Masked Trio where scary looking and quite entertaining, spending 50 minutes watching Liv Tyler do NOTHING and say NOTHING absolutely made this movie drag to the point of being insanely boring. Not only that, but it was truly predictable. Avoid at all costs unless you need help getting to sleep.
½ August 28, 2017
Good if unimaginative thriller about a remote house under attack by, well, strangers.
August 18, 2017
Keeps you on the edge of your seat.
July 25, 2017
Doesn't reinvent the genre but it doesn't need to. Great movie, eerie soundtrack, and great suspense. Don't listen to the critics. Very enjoyable movie.
½ June 14, 2017
I'm done with these new horror movies.
½ June 10, 2017
There are a few horror elements that really work in this film but the stupidity of their protagonists makes the film suck. It doesn't have a purpose at all. But the music really gives you the creeps.
June 5, 2017
This was masterfully done. Bryan Bertino wrote a great script full of suspense. The atmosphere was full on creepy and old school. He got the thrills without over the top gore. Liv Tyler was AMAZING!!! The couple did what most couples would do in that situation making it all to real. Great job to the cast and crew.
½ May 28, 2017
A movie with so much potential, but is ruined by its weak characters.