The Switch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Switch Reviews

July 14, 2016
I have tried to watch this movie on multiple occasions and fall asleep every single time. At least is good for something...
½ May 16, 2016
hated it weird pointlessness that went on for what seemed like hours I only liked it for the actors
½ March 9, 2016
Fun movie with a slightly irritating boy. Jason Bateman did a great job in an adult role compared to his preteen-teen roles on various tv shows.
February 21, 2016
Good chick flick. Cute movie.
January 26, 2016
Sunday arvo easy watch film, and cute child!
½ January 17, 2016
It's tried and tested, and pretty formulaic especially regarding it's event structure. I'm not an avid Rom-Com viewer, so watching this one was quite entertaining. The chemistry between Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman is not that great. It works on a professional level, but they don't emit the feeling that their relationship could develop the way it did in the movie. The star of the film, though, is Thomas Sebastian, who manages to outshine his older cast colleagues.
December 26, 2015
A little weird at times. Like the ending.
½ December 7, 2015
The Switch is pretty cool romantic comedy. Yes there are better ones but it still delivers some entertainment. It's not really funny but it has enough comedy in it to make it a good romantic comedy. The concept of the whole movie is also pretty cool/unique and it makes you wonder, what if this happened in real life? Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman do a pretty good job. 7/10 or 3.5/5
½ December 3, 2015
Good, funny movie. Jennifer Aniston is amazing.
October 14, 2015
This is actually a pretty good movie. I was pleasantly surprised to find that despite it being advertised as a romantic "comedy"/ drama. It was sort of a melancholy romance story about two long time best friends and their accidental son. Worth watching.
September 9, 2015
Predictable starring Rachel Green but enjoyable.
½ August 29, 2015
I'm surprised to say this, but I actually enjoyed this movie. I mean, it was very predictable, and definitely awkward, but it was definitely a little sad and the acting was really good. I definitely felt bad for Wally, just a lonely guy who can't keep a relationship. This movie was way better than I expected, and I definitely enjoyed it. It might have been awkward, but it was still a very enjoyable movie.
August 23, 2015
Justin and Jennifer doing what Justin and Jennifer do best. Just love both of them, and together works exponentially.
½ August 22, 2015
The more I see it, the more I enjoy it.
July 27, 2015
Not totally over the top hilarious, but likable with a few laughs. This is another rom-com that is more rom and less com. It's about a woman who wants to have a baby and thus chooses a sperm donor. Her best friend on the other hand does not agree with it and exchanges his own sperm for the donor's. She leaves and returns 7 years later, this time with a little son, and of course, meets up with her best friend, unbeknownst to her that he has been living with a secret for the past 7 years, and thus, the story is born. It's not great, but it's not bad i guess so if you're into these movies you may like it.
June 25, 2015
the little boy was great. overall a fun movie.
April 29, 2015
The Switch is more of a horror film than a chick flick.
April 1, 2015
Ihan kiva leffa muuten, kunhan ei anna ennalta-arvattavuuden ja epäuskottavuuden häiritä... ;) (Suom. Vaihtamalla paranee)
March 30, 2015
Not a lol comedy, rather a smiley one with periods of cringes. A lot like real life then, haha! Except that the scenario is a bit pushed. I don't see the guy leaving his sperm alone to me messed with, neither the women either. There are a few good moments, mostly toward the end when the boy shows up. Not sure about the genetics. One blue eye girl + one blue eye guy are not supposed to make a brown eye boy. The boy was really good at not overacting. He looked a lot like the real deal of a boy. The adults though, made less sense. Still a good time, since I don't have a working tv anymore. Makes me think, does Jennifer has a kid yet? Got to check online. ciao.