The Vault Reviews

• Feb 18, 2020

The Vault is an absurdly cheap and badly made movie by a no-skill crew that exists in the B-movie netherworld between expensive and well-produced quality with themes and hidden meanings and cheap, simple, fun, entertaining schlock with some clever ideas behind it. The Vault it painfully neither. It is part bad premise for a Saw movie, part good idea for a From Dusk Till Dawn twist but in a bank robbery scenario. At worst; it squanders a great premise, or at least a great set-up, and a great one-location horror movie idea and makes something completely shapeless and unintriguing and unscary with an amateurish almost parody-like, laugh-out-loud third act. However at best; it shows the Eastwood daughter as a pretty decent badass and carries rich spinoff potential for Franco's moustache.

• Dec 22, 2019

The viewer selects this movie, because it is understood to be a ghost/horror film. However, the film is paced in a kind of "slow burn" way. I was waiting for the supernatural part of the plot to begin. But found the bank robber characters interesting. The acting is good, as is the action. I really enjoyed the movie, and the slightly different horror plot.

• Dec 13, 2019

Two sisters join their brother to rob a bank in order to pay off his debts to some nasty types. However, they're upset to find significantly less money than they had hoped for in the bank's vault. The bank's manager tells them the real money is kept in an underground vault and helps them to open it, knowing that what awaits them inside will be a whole lot more terrible than any justice they may face from the law outside. This was a pretty interesting premise, a heist movie crossed with horror. The film starts off well with a pretty tense set up of the heist. However, the middle section gets lost a little and seems to drag despite the film's short running time. It does improve as the horror elements click into place as the film draws to a close but there wasn't enough here to rise it above anything other than average.

• Oct 22, 2019

Not sure what it was trying to be (ok I do know) but it failed. The movie is pretty cheesy in regards to both the bank robbery and the supernatural. The acting was pretty good and I thought Pensatucky did a great job. She's totally made for that role. Skip this movie you can find so much better.

• Oct 08, 2019

Surprisingly good! There was good balance between the bank robbery drama and the horror aspect. Some things felt a little rushed, and the acting wasn't the best in a couple of places, but I feel like overall it was worth the watch.

• Sep 08, 2019

Interesting bank heist/supernatural thriller. However, not as well explained and developed as it should have been.

• Aug 08, 2019

Convoluted mess of a movie trying to combine a bank robbery with a supernatural theme. The poor reviews are justified.

• Jul 26, 2019

Original idea. Brilliant.

Original idea. Brilliant.

• Jul 02, 2019

Steady pacing and high tension hold together a good thriller/horror

Steady pacing and high tension hold together a good thriller/horror

• Feb 11, 2019

I am two thirds of the way through this movie, and I see that as of this date (10-Feb-2019) the Tomatometer gives this a 28%. I think that's unfair. I'm not a horror / suspense movie aficionado. I like some genres, and both horror and suspense are two of them. At the 2/3 mark through this movie, I'm committed to seeing how it ends. I mean: I want to know what happens next... UP TO THIS POINT: The acting is good. Sure, there are one or two people who seem like they need lessons, but everyone in general has sold me on the story. People robbing a haunted bank. Got it. I'm in. I have to reiterate: I've seen bad acting, and this movie doesn't really have it. The cinematography is good as well. The people are as believable as I need them to be, and the scenes are scary without being overly enthusiastic about dwelling on the gore. Yes, I question some of the actors' reactions to what's happening, but seriously: it's not to the point of ruining the movie yet. Not even close, really. --- Look... The movie got me to the 2/3 mark, and while the ending is critical: I'm kinda entertained and impressed by the story so far. I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT'LL HAPPEN NEXT - but I feel entertained at this point. I might end up hating the movie, or I might end up enjoying it - but as far as being entertain by something I paid a $14/month subscription fee for, I'm "alright" with whatever happens next. ps. this review was written literally at the 2/3 mark. I don;t know how it ends. I may end up loving or hating my own review. Readers and potential movie consumers: the next decision is all yours.