The Velocity of Gary Reviews

excellent picture , a tragic and funny look at a close knit group of friends

excellent picture , a tragic and funny look at a close knit group of friends

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Jul 14, 2011

Greenwich Village slacker types try to outcool one another as long as they can keep out reality just to past the time ... which they don't care about by the way, since you asked. Ho - hum.

• Sep 14, 2010

Pretty intense movie. I do enjoy the cast headed by Vincent D'Onofrio. Pretty good overall.

• Jul 30, 2010

Another film that i got for $3 It seemed original and interesting, but became just plain wierd and idiotic.

• Joseph E Super Reviewer
    Jun 18, 2010

• Mar 04, 2010

This is a heartbreaking, excellent film dealing with the reality of promiscuity and AIDS in a very real way. Also a glimpse into what friendships are and aren't, and on how many different levels you can love and hate at the same time. A tragedy that's a tearjerker every time.

• Nov 29, 2009

Shrill and annoying as hell. Salma Hayek is interminable here.

Shrill and annoying as hell. Salma Hayek is interminable here.

• Sep 20, 2009

What a bizarre, sad, and off-putting movie. I watched it for the lovely Salma, of course, but it was far gayer than I thought it was going to be. Salma was interesting as usual, but I don't think I'd want to watch this movie again. It's too fucked up.

• Aug 16, 2009

Very well done unique but sad.

Very well done unique but sad.

• Jul 16, 2009

the first 10 minutes with the deaf drag queen are fucking great. the rest is just boring, dull and feels like it tried to be a serious faux-indie boogie nights Zzzzzz...