Thunderball Reviews

• 5d ago

An interesting plot mixed in with a good villain and Bond girl and a hilarious performance from Sean Connery as Bond with some real unique action and high realistic stakes, 10/10.

• Jan 22, 2020

Thunderball had a bigger budget than the three previous Bond movies combined, and it shows. However, while the larger budget allowed for on-location shooting in the Bahamas and innovative underwater sequences, it also feels like the filmmakers wanted to show off a bit and let the scenes and the story run a little long. This is an entertaining spy flick, but it could have used a little trimming.

• Dec 21, 2019

another great bond film. The biggest flaw is the pacing and the you feel it when you watch. However i was still very entertained by it.

• Dec 17, 2019

With an elaborate plot that is in no hurry to develop, the film elevates the status of the James Bond franchise with a still sarcastic and sharp Connery.

• Dec 16, 2019

One of the most bland and boring Bond movies out of the franchise. Save for the opening sequence and theme song, the rest is unremarkable.

• Sep 25, 2019

I couldn't tell you the plot of Thunderball, but it's awesome, and cool, and funny, and has the single most attractive collection of women ever assembled for one movie!

• Sep 09, 2019

This is neck to neck with Diamonds are Forever at being the lowest one of Sean Connery's bond. Many people adore it, but I didn't think it was worthwhile. Out of the six that Connery had, I would place this at five. It is enjoyable for a bit, but it goes on for way too long and the bad guy, the girl, Connery, it just seems something's off with it. Mainly it hit and missed and the script is confusing. Lot of it doesn't make sense. Something about it gives me a headache after I watched a marathon of them. I can't pick out why. Mainly it's mediocre, but you're supposed to like it. But after repeat views, I'm just not feeling it. Entertaining, but too long.

• Aug 18, 2019

Bond does it again. Pure entertainment.

Bond does it again. Pure entertainment.

• Jun 01, 2019

Fall Just a bit short under it’s previous predecessors, “Thunderball” is still a promising fun installment to the 007 franchise.

• May 07, 2019