Los Cronocrímenes (Timecrimes) Reviews

• Jul 03, 2019

predictable for a time travel movie

predictable for a time travel movie

• Oct 17, 2018

Kind of like spanish version of Triangle. End drags a bit though.

Kind of like spanish version of Triangle. End drags a bit though.

• Sep 16, 2018

Well... I've spent the last hour researching explanations as to what occurred in Timecrimes and its still confusing. The part I don't understand is what happens to previous iterations of Hector once they go in the time machine? Do they simply disappear and hence the later iteration is the only one alive now (because there can't be 3 Hectors all alive at the same time forever. Eventually there can only be 1, so what happens to the other 2? My logic is probably flawed because many other people seem to have figured this out. Regardless, what an amazing movie. Hard to comprehend as it plays out but the general gist of it is easy to figure out. For a low budget indie, the creator of the film (Nacho) was able to accomplish outstanding feats without the use of stunning visuals, etc. I highly recommend this movie.

• Sep 05, 2017

Surprisingly good and satisfying sci-fi/mystery drama, involving the seemingly hackneyed theme of time travel. But this film, with pleasant B-movie feeling, has something to say for the fans of unconventional movies. At times thrilling, at times comic, the story absorbs you completely. I wish there were more movies like this one. You don't need huge budgets, tremendous special effects. All you need is an interesting screenplay and genuine passion to tell it.

• Aug 01, 2017

Nacho Vigalondo directed Timecrimes superbly and he is the one responsible for its greatness the most. The editing is phenomenal and the film is a textbook example of how great small-budget sci-fi can be as it uses its setting, high-concept and disturbing score to great effect. It has its great horror scenes, but it is above all a terrific thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout its running time. It is the ultimate time travel movie which should be watched extremely closely as it is filled with an incredible amount of detail and the fact that the film's execution is so well thought out makes it an especially rewarding experience leading to one the genre's best films of the 2000s.

• Mar 27, 2017

Very creative story which kept me interested the whole time. The only problem I had was the protagonist made a lot of reaaally illogical decisions.

• Mar 25, 2017

Really interesting film. The beginning was pretty freaky but then it hooked me and I couldn't look away. I love the development of the main character. Some moments bothered me and felt unrealistic, though it was glaringly obvious these moments were merely to move the plot forward (none of which had anything to do with the actual plot or concept of time, just stupid little things a person would never go).

• Jan 22, 2017

A time-travel thriller that manages to hold together all the way through is something wondrous to behold. Of course, there is nothing "deep" here, just pure genre film-making that uses a low budget to weave a magical web of plot complexity. But there may yet be a philosophical question at its heart: if you travel back in time, would you meet yourself? And if those two selves meet, if they could, what would happen? In this case, middle aged Hector is encouraged (by the director Nacho Vigalondo) to jump into a laboratory machine which promptly transports him a couple of hours back in time. Naturally, once there, he manages to screw up the course of reality - but how to fix it? The answer has him on the run for most of the film's 90 or so minutes, keeping viewers from catching their breath (and mulling over the possible plot inconsistencies). Moreover, the film might actually count as a neo-noir of sorts, if you consider that Hector (the protagonist) got himself into this plight by pursuing a naked woman in the woods after seeing her accidentally with his binoculars (and the ending is also very dark). If he had just refrained, then all would have been different. Or at least that's one version of what could have been. Calling Hector 1 - 2 - 3 - 4!

• Dec 28, 2016

A few interesting ideas but I imagine the appeal would probably be for people interested in the machinations of time travel. The story doesn't add up to much.