Time to Leave Reviews

• May 20, 2019

One of the best movies ever!

One of the best movies ever!

• Nov 22, 2016

What a f****** obscene movie and protagonist. And I'm not talking about the sex scene, but his way of pushing obvious boundaries of manner. Not only that, but the main character is a total selfish douche.

• Aug 13, 2015

A beautiful and quite moving drama about mortality. Time to Leave is a terrific French drama.

• Apr 10, 2015

I just didn't like it.

I just didn't like it.

• Mar 02, 2015

Felt kind of generic and unremarkable until the perfect third act, which completely destroyed me.

• Jan 31, 2015

It deeply touched and me I related fully with this movie. Any movie that makes you think tend to be my favorites. This movie had tough decisions.

• Nov 24, 2013

mortality ain't exactly a cheery subject to end the night with. i like ozon but didn't quite like this one; bleak subject matters usually make hard-to-like films, i much prefer the wicked and fun ozons.

• Dec 05, 2012

This may lack originality & it has a few ridiculous moments here & there but in my opinion this is how this kind of movies should be, It doesn't feel forced & also successfully avoid cheap sentimentalism & on the other hand it's not one of those vacuous dull films for the sake of forced realism or being artsy

• Nov 14, 2012

Nothing spectacularly tear jerking or overly cliched (which I welcome), just a simple story about one man accepting his death.

• Aug 13, 2012

I'm having a hard time with Time to Leave. On one hand, it isn't something American filmmakers would ever make. Not because of the subject matter, but because of the way the story goes about unfolding. (A grown man crawls into bed with his naked grandmother, he neglects to tell almost everyone in his life he's dying, etc.) On the other, it misses so many of the connecting moments, the transformation of the main character doesn't amount to a whole lot. Romain is vile to his sister and her children and his live-in boyfriend. He asks his father drop him off to buy cocaine (and then says it helps him get up, yet can't tell his father he's dying). He doesn't disclose his cancer status to a couple he has sex with. Nothing he does is for anyone else in the film except himself. Sure, he's dying and feels like he has no support, yet Romain never gives the people around him any chance to support him. Frustrating and mind-bogglingly shallow, Time to Leave should and could have been so much more.