Tombstone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tombstone Reviews

December 6, 2016
Prolly one of the best renditions of the OK Corral.
November 25, 2016
uninspiring first half and ridiculous second half
½ November 8, 2016
This film has some amazing acting and roles, especially Kilmer. Otherwise, it's a trainwreck and I don't understand its fandom...
November 5, 2016
I can't even explain why, but this is my favorite movie of all time. I can watch it over and over.

Some of the best quotes ever.

Doc Holliday: "I'm your huckleberry."

Wyatt Earp: "So run, you cur... RUN! Tell all the other curs the law's comin'!
You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear? Hell's coming with me!"

Billy Clanton: "Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double."
[Billy Clanton draws a knife]
Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] "I have two guns, one for each of ya."

Doc: "A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it."

Doc: "Oh. Johnny, I apologize; I forgot you were there. You may go now."

Doc: "Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself."

Val Kilmer is so sexy - all of the actors were perfectly cast. You won't regret watching it! Or re-watching it.
October 8, 2016
One of my favorite Westerns of all time.
½ October 3, 2016
C+
'Tombstone' is shot brilliantly to the point where it felt like I was watching a western from the 60's, and the performances are kind of decent all-around. The one major problem I had with this film was that its story felt like something was missing: A lot of the tension between Earp's gang and The Cowboys. It still makes for a decent Western.
September 6, 2016
Great cast and intense moments of gunfights! Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer, Bill Paxton, Sam Elliot star in one of the best westerns ever!
September 6, 2016
My dad likes this movie a lot but I'll give it another later
August 29, 2016
The Tombstone Vendetta, told from Wyatts point of view. The real Wyatt lobbied early Hollywood until his death to do a movie of these events to vindicate his actions that day. This looks like what he would have wanted.
July 17, 2016
Greatest Western Movie ever.
July 5, 2016
Awesome movie. Again Kilmer is outstanding as Doc! The accent with lines such as " I'm you huckleberry" made him center stage.
June 17, 2016
Kurt Russell battling gunmen and cowboys, ftw.
June 3, 2016
The best western ever made.
½ June 3, 2016
This has a great story and cast and has thrilling action sequences.
May 1, 2016
The film Tombstone was based off of a historical event that happened in the 1800's in Tombstone, Arizona, but it is not meant to be seen as a documentary. The movie was made to be a western film and in order to grab the audience's attention and have them enjoy the movie as a western genre, they couldn't be focused on how historically accurate the setting of the movie was. The acting was phenomenal and has become my favorite movie!
½ March 30, 2016
A movie near perfection. Excellent acted movie that delivers everything promised. The only drawback is they took many liberties that never happened in real life.
Null
½ February 27, 2016
Tombstone is a very well made western featuring great performances and story. Check it out if you haven't!
January 30, 2016
The "Doc," keeps you on the edge of your seat in this story of death & life.
January 22, 2016
Val Kilmer's finest role.
½ January 10, 2016
one of my favorite western movies