Tombstone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tombstone Reviews

July 17, 2016
Greatest Western Movie ever.
July 5, 2016
Awesome movie. Again Kilmer is outstanding as Doc! The accent with lines such as " I'm you huckleberry" made him center stage.
vjb
June 17, 2016
Kurt Russell battling gunmen and cowboys, ftw.
June 3, 2016
The best western ever made.
½ June 3, 2016
This has a great story and cast and has thrilling action sequences.
May 1, 2016
The film Tombstone was based off of a historical event that happened in the 1800's in Tombstone, Arizona, but it is not meant to be seen as a documentary. The movie was made to be a western film and in order to grab the audience's attention and have them enjoy the movie as a western genre, they couldn't be focused on how historically accurate the setting of the movie was. The acting was phenomenal and has become my favorite movie!
½ March 30, 2016
A movie near perfection. Excellent acted movie that delivers everything promised. The only drawback is they took many liberties that never happened in real life.
Null
½ February 27, 2016
Tombstone is a very well made western featuring great performances and story. Check it out if you haven't!
January 30, 2016
The "Doc," keeps you on the edge of your seat in this story of death & life.
January 22, 2016
Val Kilmer's finest role.
½ January 10, 2016
one of my favorite western movies
January 9, 2016
One of the best Western's I've ever seen.
December 31, 2015
Tombstone is among my all-time favorite films.
December 19, 2015
this movie did not get the reviews nor positive attention it deserved.
Pure enjoyment, almost worthy of classic Western status.
½ December 8, 2015
I'm not a big fan of Westerns, but I've grown to appreciate them more this year as I have watched several to expand my horizons. This particular film was one that I was very interested in seeing because I like the cast. Aside from Kurt Russell, who I struggle to accept as a period actor, the cast really delivered on what I expected. Sam Elliott was basically born for Westerns, and I cannot believe how perfect he is for the role. I also loved watching Val Kilmer's portrayal of the man who tries to remain strong despite his steadily declining health. The best part of any Western, in my opinion, is when you have a good showdown, and this one gave you several sprinkled throughout the film, which I thought was a nice way of keeping the audience engaged. In fact, pretty much everything between the Earps and the cowboys was a treat for me to watch. What drags the movie down is the romance stuff. I swear the only purpose in having Dana Delany in the movie is so they can manufacture a happy ending, and it's a pretty artificial and unconvincing ending, too. I wanted more time with the Earps and Holliday, perhaps more time with the cowboys as well to establish how evil they could be, but I didn't need a second longer with the pointless damsels in distress. Tombstone is not a bad movie by any stretch, but it could have been better with a little tweaking of the plot.
November 29, 2015
Hollywoodized trash. Too bad such an interesting story was so debased. I can't stand the female actress. I don't know if there was an intentionally gay thing implied with Priestley, but if there was, Hollywood just needs to take it's buggery & shove it. Kilmer stole the show. But he's always sweating. I ended up rooting for the cowboys. I hate anti-hero movies.
The relational element is dog-awful. The conflict part is tremendous.
November 21, 2015
A well-crafted and solidly acted Western.
½ November 21, 2015
Oh my...this one didn't aged very well...with all this overdrawn, papercutlike characters it's hard to bear the longer it goes...it's like one of these staged tourists shows...mäh
½ November 8, 2015
One of my old favorites
November 5, 2015
ehh. popular, but not serious.