Traitor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Traitor Reviews

September 6, 2017
It's a morality play and a political diatribe and doesn't claim to be more. One man's cliche is another man's trope. Good acting, good suspense, real conclusion.
February 12, 2017
Good film, I just have to wonder why a premium cable channel chose to air it new when federal judges have overturned the Moslem ban.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 6, 2016
This movie benefits strongly from a committed and strong performance from Don Cheadle. Even though it's slightly cliché and by the numbers, it's a relevant & good story
½ November 6, 2016
Intriguing and revealing but it turns out the same as all similar movies with same back story. Good cast.
½ July 17, 2016
Very intense and suspenseful.
½ June 22, 2016
Once the central character's true loyalties are revealed rather than inferred this undercover terror thriller loses much of its punch and suspense. However, this remains a robust attempt to take a look at the religious roots of the issue while sprinkling in some 24esque chase action. Cheadle is central to the film's success and Guy Pearce provides able support. And yes, the story was written by *that* Steve Martin...
June 5, 2016
Not bad, not exactly a well known cast but worth a watch.
May 30, 2016
Sophisticated nonsense.
½ May 6, 2016
Don Cheadle is holds the screen in a taut thriller where the moral lines become increasingly blurred and are ultimately drawn by faith.
April 22, 2016
It does live up to its billing of a tense high octane thriller at least initially but the lack of conviction to take sides even while dealing with a convinced protagonist hurts during many potentially flourishing moments. The movie slowly succumbs to a B-Movie feel in the second half though Cheadle gives a top performance.

Samir (Don Cheadle) is affected by West's act of aggression when he was young. He builds his life systematically to avenge his loss. An FBI agent Roy (Guy Pearce) puts pieces together of certain international events and zeros in on Samir. How Samir evades him and tries to carry his mission with a moral dilemma holding him back comprises the rest.

It boasts of an excellent screenplay initially carefully revealing pieces of a larger puzzle like any good thriller would. Unfortunately runs out of steam very soon making it a generic cat and mouse chase. Don Cheadle expectedly gives a humble yet powerful performance while Guy Pierce and his colleague resorts to a caricature of FBI agents what we have seen in many other flicks. Since a similar story is handled in so many ways in the recent times, it required something spectacular to standout but comes very short of what was required. Lacking these powerful moments makes the runtime longer than it already is. The moral dilemma and the perspective of West and East towards each other was portrayed promisingly at the start but gets repetitive and dragging at a certain point.

It never had the potential to hit big, but couldn't restrain to a simple smart thriller either
March 21, 2016
I don't think Don Cheadle did a bad performance, I just think I expected something more from this film. Also did not like the kinda slow pace of the film.
½ October 27, 2015
I'm not entirely sure what it is because I usually love these kind of films, but Traitor was a little different. It seemed the story dragged a bit and at times I was sitting there asking what is the point of all this? I was very interested in it and through out it just started to lose steam. These type of films that deal with espionage and war usually wrap me up in the movie so much, it just didn't happen. Cheadle and Guy Pearce were good, Pearce's partner not so much. The rest of the cast was just alright. I'm not saying this is a bad movie because some speak highly about it, it just didn't fulfill my expectations.
½ October 3, 2015
I enjoyed this movie more than I expected.
It's well acted and directed and crafted in a way to create suspense and tension for the viewer.
It's a good movie on modern day issues of terrorism.
3.5/5
½ August 19, 2015
it was a very impressive film very thrilling and it proved to the world that not all muslim are bloodthirsty
½ July 19, 2015
Don Cheadle and Guy Pearce?! I'm so there!
May 6, 2015
Absolutely excellent film with a very realistic story and series of events. It has the grit. The locations are varied and all real. Very smooth rough ride with little time wasted. Very well packed adventure with heroes on all sides and where the outcome is unpredictable. Well done action. Good acting work. Better than any horror film with chills in all segments. We get to see all sides and root for them all. Except they are all killers, so I root for them because it's a film. In real life they should all be given a punch in the face. Allah akbar, praise the lord, que dieu soit avec les gens de bonne volonté... et ne tuent pas.
May 6, 2015
½ April 19, 2015
One of the few movies that I find myself rooting for the bad guys. I actually believe in their mission. That's just great acting or you