Transcendence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transcendence Reviews

½ February 8, 2017
Kuvaajista harvoin tulee hyviä ohjaajia! Sekavasti ohjattua ja surkea käsikirjoitus, joka sivuuttaa ihan täysin koko hässäkän alulle panevat tekijän eli terroristijärjestön suorittamat murhat. Paul Bettanyn hahmon paras ystävä murhataan mutta äijä liittyy tekoaälykehitystä vastustavaan terrorijärjestöön muutaman jutustelun ja lehtiartikkelin jälkeen. Kaikki on ihan fine! Yksi puolikas piste Deppin ketkulle joka sai nakitettua studiolta 20 milliä ääniroolista näytelmäelokuvassa!
February 8, 2017
This was a thought-provoking, surprisingly good film.
January 31, 2017
If critics pan it, I love it. Very thought provoking idea. Would also work as a TV series, would love to see this concept go further. Antagonist very annoying. Love when Johnny Depp plays the good guy, very disappointed by the ending.
½ January 26, 2017
Un thriller de ciencia ficciòn, que poco a poco va acelarando su acción y requiere cierto esfuerzo intelectual, por la propuesta, de parte del pùblico. El Dr. Will Caster (Johnny Depp) es un afamado experto en inteligencia artificial, que està a punto de crear una máquina que tenga autoconciencia, y que combine todas las emociones humanas y las relacione dentro de una inteligencia colectiva. Su invento es repudiado por un grupo cuasi-terrorista que teme por el futuro de los humanos en caso de que el invento de Caster se lleve a cabo. En un intento por sabotear los planes del Dr. Caster, los extremistas accionarán el gatillo que vuelve a Caster el propio detonante de la trascendencia de su creaciòn de inteligencia artificial, y serà el doctor quien trascienda con ella. Con las actuaciones de Morgan Freeman, Paul Bettany y Rebecca Hall
January 25, 2017
This is a greeat movie. Maybe not a masterpiece, but an interesting and compelling story played out by a great cast and wonderful visuals. It might actually have been better as a miniseries where the characters and story could have been developed further and have more depth. It's a story that is not trying to warn against the dangers of technology, but the dangers of human stupidity and prejudice. Our inherent flaws and the need to overcome them if we are to evolve. I guess you could just not like that message.. or maybe your not a fan of the genre.. but in that case, you should realize a fair review is unlikely. I say this, because its perplexing to me the very low score this movie has. I can only say they are wrong. I understand some may not like this kind of movie or even object to it's message. But if you're not part of these group, you'll probably agree with this review and enjoy the movie for what it is.
January 20, 2017
always jonny...great movie.
January 14, 2017
just was not a good movie
December 30, 2016
It is not a good movie to watch
December 21, 2016
Half the time I didn't know what was happening.
December 13, 2016
Interesting concept. Felt it wasn't well executed.
December 4, 2016
I enjoyed it more then I thought I would. It had a very thought provoking plot with a great cast of characters. It had very good acting and special effects. However the movie was very slow paced and it really didn't explain a lot and the ending was predictable.
½ November 16, 2016
An overstuffed, muddled plot and sluggish pacing prevent Transcendence from achieving its ambitions.
October 30, 2016
Superb!!
The movie is expecting the unexacting. Is to watch like a blind man! It doesn't know exactly what to feel but feeling it... I Really think this movie will be reconsider like an wonderful movie in the next years ... it's way ahead from this time. It's visual poetry!
½ October 16, 2016
A movie that really didn't hold me too much, very firgettable
September 19, 2016
Was the concept well-executed? No. Were there numerous glaring plot holes? Absolutely.

Regardless, this movie doesn't deserve nearly as much hate as it's been getting. When you push aside some of the more obnoxious science fiction tropes and campy visual effects you are left with an overall entertaining movie. I've seen several reviews trying to oversimplify the film as some sort of a preachy, Al Gorian, Luddite warning against the dangers of over-ambition and reliance on technology. If you bother to even scrape the self-healing nanobot-ridden surface and put on your big-boy literary analysis pants you'll find a quaint little neo-greek tragedy lush with old testament allegory.
½ September 17, 2016
This was a pretty awful movie that had a good cast and looked good.
Good cast and pretty movie don't make up for poor story and incredibly boring watch.
September 11, 2016
Before dying from radioactive poisoning, Will (JD) uploaded his consciousness into super computers and nano technology thus transcending into an omniscient being. The omniscient Will will go on to play God by transmitting his nano technology everywhere, saving and correcting physical defects being foremost. Yet there would be bunch of rebels led by Kate Mara who must destroy Will and his transcendence because they will lose the free will to maim and destroy themselves in mindless war and violence and crime. No Kata Mara and her team wants status quo, which is our mess up world now. Will, who is benign and kind has the qualities to be omniscient and all mighty to do good to the world. Yet the irony that it was Mara´s people who murdered him in the first place.
½ August 28, 2016
Quite a horror-starved film and is left for the imagination to create it's own horror-festive plot, such as transforming civilians into nanobot zombies as they march towards the soldiers like the walking dead. The ending could have trancendence of a new Adam and Eve in space, leaving Earth in a giant Noah's Ark spacecraft with every two male and female animal in nano-genetic capsules, their genes preserved in cold refrigerator glass tubes ;;
½ August 20, 2016
Another film that my experience clearly varies from the general public and the critics.