Treasure Planet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Treasure Planet Reviews

½ July 27, 2016
Not one of my favorites, but the visuals look really good and the characters were good.
July 25, 2016
my absolute favorite Disney movie of all time.
Nothing was more intricate and magical than treasure planet was in my childhood. It's an amazing twist on the classic novel Traesure island and in fact, I prefer this adaptation over the novel as I found it quite boring when I read it as a child.
July 10, 2016
It may not measure up to Disney's better films but Treasure Planet benefits from a stunning combination of 2D hand-drawn characters and 3D computer-animation, fine vocal performances from the likes of Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Emma Thompson, David Hyde Pierce, Martin Short and the rest as well as epic action sequences offering viewers a fun sci-fi take on Robert Louis Stevenson's beloved story.
½ June 21, 2016
Treasure Planet is adventurous and amazing. As a kid, I liked this movie. Seeing the outside world of this movie is fantastic. This movie has great animation. I would very much suggest this movie.
June 7, 2016
Since this movie is practically the entire childhood, I've decided to review it... This is a GREAT movie, and it's a shame it was a box office bomb. It could have been a classic, it should have been more well-known. Treasure Planet tells a wonderful treasure hunting tale, one of my favorites of all time. It can get visually stunning at some parts, but at other parts, not so much. The voice acting is well-done enough to make the characters more likable (you'll hear some familiar voices almost everywhere!). The entire way through, I was entertained, engaged, and curious to find out where the treasure was actually buried. It's never too late to see this movie. I encourage you to do so.
½ June 5, 2016
muy buena pelicula entra en mi lista de peliculas favoritas de disney:
1-el rey león
9-mulan
10-grandes heroes
11-el libro de la selva
½ May 30, 2016
5/22/2016: An ok movie. Some good action, but didn't have the laughs I like in animated films.
May 29, 2016
A beautiful, creative, and fun re-imagining of "Treasure Island".
½ May 25, 2016
Forgiving its technical flaws, Treasure Planet is an amazing and ambitious film with engaging characters, investing moments, and good action sequences.
½ May 24, 2016
Absolutely love this film. It has fantastic visuals and a great plot. The character of Jim Hawkins is a change to the regular protagonist and the relationship between him and John Silver create some emotional sections of this overall brilliant and underrated Disney movie.
½ April 14, 2016
This movie was magical. Awesome voice acting, fluid animation and popping visuals, even when rewatching it in 2016.
February 23, 2016
A delightful rendition of a literary classic with a unique style and set of characters.
February 22, 2016
Sort of under the radar, Treasure Planet is a great space adventure with likable characters and a moving story. The animation is fantastic and it has a warm Steven Spielberg feel to it.
½ February 9, 2016
My favorite Disney movie as a kid. Good characters. Beautiful steam punk-ish world building.
February 8, 2016
This film was a huge financial loss for disney and did not exactly get the best reviews but is it really worth such a mediocre response. Not exactly, i feel that this movie gets a little too much of a bad wrap. Yes a few of the characters are either not on screen enough or arent good characters in general and the world they create while unique is an odd mix of times the film does sport some splendid animation and a since of adventure that somewhat makes up for it's short comings. It's a truely descent animated picture.
½ January 22, 2016
This was actually a pretty nice film.
Visually very nice. Imaginitive aliens. Adventure, suspense, a bit of comedy.
You know it will end well and how it will end, yet you still want to see how it will happen.
½ January 16, 2016
FANTASTIC MOVIE!!!!!!!!
January 14, 2016
Treasure Planet so badly wants to be a Disney classic with its brilliant twist on a classic story and incredible visuals. But its cookie-cutter characters are less than memorable, lacking the blend of familiarity and originality of the rest of the film. The design of the sets and characters is too brilliant to ignore this film.
½ January 2, 2016
I really liked it. One of my favorite knock-offs of the classic Treasure Island story. Cool visuals, and an interesting concept to take things to outer space. Entertaining, cute, and adventurous.