Treasure Planet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Treasure Planet Reviews

½ November 27, 2016
A beautiful movie released before it's time and horribly underrated.
½ November 11, 2016
Fun, entertaining and a fresh and interesting twist and take on the Treasure Island novel.
November 7, 2016
Stunning, innovative animation and a clever premise get bogged down with a mediocre script.
October 19, 2016
Outstanding visuals, and engaging story

Disney should seriously look back at this
October 5, 2016
A spectacular and imaginative sci-fi adventure that is equal parts thrilling and heartwarming. This is a Disney adventure that I will never forget; a benchmark of my childhood, and one animated film that I've consistently revisited. A truly stunning work of visual filmmaking; puts most major science fiction blockbusters as of late to shame.
½ August 18, 2016
There's a wonderful Disney movie about pirates and buried treasure out there and we're not talking about Pirates of the Caribbean. This flick varies slightly from your normal swash buckler in that it takes place entirely in space and features looming black holes, conniving cyborgs and holographic maps. For this, the writers deserve a lot of credit, taking the old story of Treasure Island and turning it into something updated and modern to appeal to a new generation. Though the setting is different, the story maintains its age old charm, and Jimmy (voiced by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) exemplifies a worthy young teen, trying to find himself along with the help of the torn cyborg Long John Silver. It has a more sophisticated feel in terms of its humor and tone, but characters like B.E.N. the rusty robot and Morph, an adorable blob keep it lighthearted. The pop song montage towards the middle of the movie feels awkward, sort of ruining an emotional point of the story. But Disney makes up for writing faults with its animation, with a gorgeous exploration of the depths of space, it's alien characters and exotic planets instill a sense of wonder that might not have existed, had they ran that tired, traditional pirate-at-sea cliché look.
½ August 15, 2016
Not one of my favorites, but the visuals look really good and so were the characters.
August 2, 2016
Easily one of my favorite Disney movies, and movies in general
July 30, 2016
Disney not at its best, but an adventure nonetheless. Some cute moments. Some heartfelt ones. Some cool characters. Not bad.
July 25, 2016
my absolute favorite Disney movie of all time.
Nothing was more intricate and magical than treasure planet was in my childhood. It's an amazing twist on the classic novel Traesure island and in fact, I prefer this adaptation over the novel as I found it quite boring when I read it as a child.
July 10, 2016
It may not measure up to Disney's better films but Treasure Planet benefits from a stunning combination of 2D hand-drawn characters and 3D computer-animation, fine vocal performances from the likes of Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Emma Thompson, David Hyde Pierce, Martin Short and the rest as well as epic action sequences offering viewers a fun sci-fi take on Robert Louis Stevenson's beloved story.
½ June 21, 2016
Treasure Planet is adventurous and amazing. As a kid, I liked this movie. Seeing the outside world of this movie is fantastic. This movie has great animation. I would very much suggest this movie.
June 7, 2016
Since this movie is practically the entire childhood, I've decided to review it... This is a GREAT movie, and it's a shame it was a box office bomb. It could have been a classic, it should have been more well-known. Treasure Planet tells a wonderful treasure hunting tale, one of my favorites of all time. It can get visually stunning at some parts, but at other parts, not so much. The voice acting is well-done enough to make the characters more likable (you'll hear some familiar voices almost everywhere!). The entire way through, I was entertained, engaged, and curious to find out where the treasure was actually buried. It's never too late to see this movie. I encourage you to do so.
½ June 5, 2016
muy buena pelicula entra en mi lista de peliculas favoritas de disney:
1-el rey león
9-mulan
10-grandes heroes
11-el libro de la selva
½ May 30, 2016
5/22/2016: An ok movie. Some good action, but didn't have the laughs I like in animated films.
May 29, 2016
A beautiful, creative, and fun re-imagining of "Treasure Island".
½ May 25, 2016
Forgiving its technical flaws, Treasure Planet is an amazing and ambitious film with engaging characters, investing moments, and good action sequences.
½ May 24, 2016
Absolutely love this film. It has fantastic visuals and a great plot. The character of Jim Hawkins is a change to the regular protagonist and the relationship between him and John Silver create some emotional sections of this overall brilliant and underrated Disney movie.
½ April 14, 2016
This movie was magical. Awesome voice acting, fluid animation and popping visuals, even when rewatching it in 2016.