Treasure Planet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Treasure Planet Reviews

½ October 9, 2017
The problems I have with this film is that there might be a song or two that feels a tad out of place and the whole thing about it being set in the future and yet still having old fashioned clothing creates something very unfitting for whats trying to be a different take on the classic Treasure Island story. Also, some of the CGI can feel quite out of place at times. Most visuals are usually very nice to look at and the animation is great but theres a good amount of CG and again, it just feels unfitting and not well rendered.
What I think is good in this movie though, aside from the animation and still some nice visuals, is the characters and their relationships. Its an overall enjoyable film with maybe a mix bag in quality.
September 13, 2017
It's got cool spaceships, spacewhales, giant mushrooms on secret planets - this is a movie designed for me as a kid, and apparently me as an adult as well. Loved it. It also has a cool little father/son plot, which I enjoyed. Getting soft in my old age.
½ September 1, 2017
Fantastic movie. Absolutely holds up and the graphics actually shocked me with how good they were for the time. I'm sure I'm echoing what a lot of people have said, but I only write this to add to that point. Give it another watch for a nice nostalgic night.
August 1, 2017
I think this film is very underrated as it is very entertaining and enjoyable! A must see for Disney fans who are interested in something other than princesses!
July 5, 2017
So underrated! Granted, the idea of taking the story of Treasure Island, and dragging it into a futuristic setting is a rather weird one, but they manage to take this odd sounding concept and do something inventive with it.
½ June 27, 2017
Doesn't have the tightest story or the best characters but was a fun enough time to be watchable.
½ June 1, 2017
Boundlessly fun and suitably exploratory, Treasure Planet may not have much depth, but it is greatly entertaining none-the-less.
June 1, 2017
Fantastic story that most people can very much relate to including myself.
I watched this as a child and still now as I'm older than ever I still can't help but to watch this amazing animation.
½ May 16, 2017
The bromance between Jim Hawkins and John Silver is interesting and charming, the visuals are frequently mesmerizing and the film features a fine mix of new and old ideas. But it has too much action, it is badly paced and the supporting characters are not as memorable. It was also influenced by Star Wars a bit too much. So Treasure Planet is in the end a solid and admirable sci-fi effort, but a very flawed one indeed.
½ May 12, 2017
Outstanding visuals, and engaging story

Disney should seriously look back at this amazing movie.
April 18, 2017
i loved it. The universe is amazing, it's creative and to top it all of, nostalgia.
April 7, 2017
I've loved this movie ever since it first came out!
February 27, 2017
In my opinion, Treasure Planet is the only movie.
January 29, 2017
Loved the movie from the first time I saw it and have re watched many many times over the years
½ January 22, 2017
A severe case of too ambitious for its own good, but this inspired reworking of the classic Treasure Island has plenty of visual splendor.
January 9, 2017
A beautifully done animated film that gives a classic tale, new life.
December 29, 2016
A much maligned kid's movie that is actually pretty good. Give it a try!
December 24, 2016
it amazing 40/30 laws felt in this fining 13 years ago but for us the movie not have circular story.
December 17, 2016