Troy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Troy Reviews

September 17, 2016
an awesome movie to watch!!
½ September 13, 2016
This is just such an intriguing film. It's entertaining and the fight scenes are so well put together. But the blandness of the acting in multiple scenes doesn't help much. However, the characters are still brought to life. I look at Achilles and see Achilles, not Brad Pitt. It's a good movie, though it could use a remake.
September 4, 2016
This film builds from Homer's "The Iliad," and it showcases the famous war between the Greeks and the Trojans and its leading events. However, you may have a good hunch to how the film will end if you have some basic knowledge of the phrases "Achilles' heel" and "Trojan horse."

Life Lesson: Don't cheat on your significant other. Bad things will happen if you do, like, your kingdom may burn down.
September 4, 2016
Spectacular battle scenes and exciting performances from everyone!
½ August 28, 2016
Perhaps lacking in character development, this adaptation of The Iliad is still entertaining if nothing else.
½ August 12, 2016
Pitt delivers an excellent performance, keeping the viewer interested throughout the movie. The historic aspect along with the right amount of Hollywood touches makes for a great film.
August 7, 2016
One of the best action films ever made, worth a watch with excellent acting from Brad Pitt and Eric Bana.
½ July 21, 2016
Directors cut only. Don't let the Hollywood elites ruin what could have been an even greater experience for you.
July 21, 2016
Wolfgang Petersen's violent and large-scale adaptation of Homer's, The Iliad, is an entertaining piece of sword-and-sandals popcorn entertainment with an A-list cast, fantastic production values, and amazing fight choreography that will certainly astonish. The film chronicles the Greek assault against the Trojans holed up in the massive city of Troy; as we follow Greece's mightiest warrior, Achilles, played with god-like conviction from Brad Pitt who trained for six months to get the ideal body figure. Also starring is Brian Cox as the ruthless leader, Agamemnon, and Eric Bana as Troy's deadliest fighter, Hector, whose one-on-one battle with Achilles near the end of the film is one of the all-time best sword fights I've ever seen, with the two actors performing their own stunts and choreography. Rounding out the cast; Orlando Bloom and Diane Kruger star as Paris and Helen Of Sparta (eventually Troy) who are secretly having an affair and after eloping together, her vengeful husband, Menelaus, seeks to reclaim her and take down the Trojans for their betrayal. The film isn't entirely accurate in its adaptation of the epic Homer poem, nor actual history, and certain events and fates of characters don't line up, but you can forgive all that as this is clearly a condensed version of what took place. It's a bloody, epic, and highly enjoyable war film that succeeds largely thanks to the solid casting and big-budget thrills and for me, the nearly 3-hour runtime flew by!
July 17, 2016
A phenomenal movie with incredible action scenes, as well as moments that tug on the strings of our hearts. Brad Pitt does great in the lead role... a welcome change for 2004. This movie will have even more impact for those that don't know the backstory.
I would be more inclined to believe the 73% of audience that liked it vs the subpar 54% approval rating given by the "critics".
July 5, 2016
was nice effects in a classic movie. could have picked a better lead actor in my opinion...
July 5, 2016
Did not really catch my attention, but overall it was a decent movie.
July 5, 2016
Amazing film that every Man will love, constant action and great acting
July 5, 2016
Legendary film, awesome battle scenes, and a fantastic piece of acting from pitt
Amazing fight scenes! Best brad Pitt movie ever
July 5, 2016
Forget what happened in the theater. The Director's Cut, like the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven-- is a great deal better.
Achilles made this movie
May 24, 2016
A few cool scenes and the occasional fine performance cannot save this cliché-addled mess. Nearly everything about this movie is wrong.
May 11, 2016
I judge movies by my desire to see them over and over again. Troy is one of those movies. The reason I only gave it 4 out of 5 stars is because it ignored the Gods role in the story told in the Iliad.
½ May 8, 2016
Fine war scenes and cinematography, but no one to root for.