Turbo Reviews

• Jul 17, 2020

Turbo is pretty good, sure the Guy Gagne twist was predictable, and Chet is a pretty weak character, but the movie is still enjoyable and good! Overall I enjoyed watching Turbo and I can see myself watching it again in the future, So I'll Give It a 3.25/5!

• Jul 15, 2020

Despite an odd premise, a derivative narrative and a generic story, its colorful visuals and solid voice cast are enough to entertain younger audiences.

• Jul 14, 2020

This movie wasn't that great. It doesn't have a very good story or anything. There's some entertainment to get out of this film, but I only recommend seeing it once.

• Jun 17, 2020

Wait so is the theme drinking poisonous fluid gives you super powers? Hell yeah! What a great movie -_-

• May 10, 2020

Turbo is a fun concept but is only fun for the kids. This is not one for the whole family as I find the adults may get bored or annoyed from this one.

• Apr 08, 2020

Not a bad movie but characters are so empty of emotion, you don't feel anythings. Just do it believe in your dream that the movie.

• Mar 29, 2020

A film that starts out really strong, but then as soon as the actual premise of the film starts it just sort of unravels. The movie is about a snail named Theo (Ryan Reynolds) who dreams of being a racer. He idolizes the Indy racer Guy Gagne (Bill Hader), but Theo's brother Chet (Paul Giamatti) wants him to realize his dream is not a reality. One night when Theo is thinking about life he is thrust upon the hood of a street racing car and sucked into the intake. After being imbued with NOS Theo realizes he has powers where he is no ordinary snail and he is super fast. Well that doesn't last long as Theo and Chet are discovered by a young man named Tito (Michael Pena). Tito own a taco business with his brother Angelo (Luis Guzman) and he thinks that Theo will help bring about some business not just to their taco stand and truck, but also to the local businesses around them. Meanwhile, Theo and Chet are introduced to the other snails that the business sort of own (like did anyone know there was underground snail racing happening?). There's Whiplash (Samuel L. Jackson), Smoove Move (Snoop Dogg), Burn (Maya Rudolf) and Skidmark (Ben Schwartz). Tito hatches a plan to have Theo participate in the Indy 500 and this is where this movie ultimately just starts falling apart and becomes way too much a kids film and is just utter nonsense here. The snails all believe in Theo, but Chet is still very reluctant. So, Tito along with some of the other small business owners take Theo to the Indy 500 hoping to catch the glory and win it all. The movie is made for kids don't get me wrong, but I find the best animated films work best for kids and adults. This one misses the mark by having a really bad later half. The movie just gets too silly and the movie of course is really predictable. The animation is quite good though, but I think the film would have benefited by just having a better overall story. There's really no struggle here and I don't think the main character learns too much by the end of the film. Regardless, kids will probably like this one, but the adults will probably be struggling to get through this one.

• Mar 29, 2020

This animated family movie was great. Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti, Michael Pena, Samuel L. Jackson, and the rest of the cast did a great job in this movie. The plot to the movie was funny and entertaining throughout. It was peculiar seeing a snail race in the Indy 500, but it's still a great movie for the whole family. If you haven't seen this movie yet, check it out sometime. You'll enjoy it.

• Mar 07, 2020

Turbo largely accomplishes it's modest aims - if films are to be formulaic, they should at least do what they do well - and is entertaining, well-paced, and is lightly powerful towards it's conclusion. Respect!

• Feb 24, 2020

Huh.... Who knew that a movie about snails racing could be interesting?

Huh.... Who knew that a movie about snails racing could be interesting?