Tyrannosaur Reviews

• Oct 02, 2019

Mullen always plays a good subhuman vermin creature and such is the power of his acting it makes me want to beat him to death with a baseball bat. Now, that is good acting. So too was Marsan's vile character evoking similar emotions. Colman was brillint too. A superior movie.

• Mar 17, 2019

With an "in-your-face" attitude, Tyrannosaur isn't easy to watch and won't appeal to everyone. It is however an honest and "real" film and the performances by Peter Mullan and Olivia Colman are very impactful

• Jan 28, 2019

Brutal. Just brutal. Someone please delicately hand Ms Colman an Oscar... please!

• Sep 18, 2018

This has been on my to-watch list for years and yet going in part of felt like I already knew what the film was going to be, a sort of sub-par Ken Loach kitchen realism. Well I was wrong, and glad to be. Colman and Mullan present two very nuanced characters here, you will make immediate judgments about them but then continually question those throughout. You will examine the similarities and yet the gulfs between their lives. Colman's powerful monologue here is so moving it's unreal, yes I'm in a sensitive place at the moment but I was in floods of tears. Some debut from Considine.

• May 10, 2018

Nice story, nice performances.

Nice story, nice performances.

• Mar 29, 2018

The best film I have ever seen with the best performances from the last decade

The best film I have ever seen with the best performances from the last decade

• Mar 28, 2018

Tyrannosaur is one of the best films I have ever seen. Olivia Colman gives the performance of a lifetime and should have been nominated for and won the awards for Best Actress at the BAFTAs and at the Oscars. Considine's direction is also stellar.

• Mar 27, 2018

unrelentingly grim and visceral but theres a strange dark beauty to this film, the acting is wonderful, the story heartbreaking but the ending is very touching.

• Apr 04, 2017

You won't see anything new in this movie, but this bleak and realistic drama filled with strong performances is another reminder of how cruel life can be, but still we have to preserve what is good in us.

• Nov 22, 2016

A brutal and unflinching character study from start to finish. Stellar performances all around.