Unbreakable - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unbreakable Reviews

June 24, 2017
Enjoyed this movie. Different for M. Night.
½ June 23, 2017
The Direction in which M Night Goes is fonimanl and best of all it's better than the sixth sense.
½ June 20, 2017
Watch to hear the score.
June 20, 2017
Loved it. Would be 5 without the few slow pace parts of movie.
June 19, 2017
Good actors & moodily filmed. But half a dozen story arcs thrown randomly out but never brought to fruition. Fundamental facts inconsistent. Even the hero epitome needlessly (& un-comic like) horrifying in context. Pick one story & tell it!

[spoiler]
The hero's rain poncho as cowl/cape was the most cool part of the flick.
June 16, 2017
Personally my favorite Shyamalan film, Unbreakable is a great watch, having both character development and heart to make it one of Shyamalan best films to date!
½ June 16, 2017
(To start my lead up to the release of "Split", im watching all of Shyamalan's films.) This film was so great. I enjoyed it just as much as i enjoyed The Sixth Sense. This is another Classic Shyamalan film. It has Bruce Willis survive a train crash. He starts being confronted by a man who spent a third of his life reading comic books. Samuel L Jackson believes that Bruce Willis is a super hero. Jackson and Willis did such a great job in this film. They played the characters real well. The score is also amazing. The cinematography is beautiful. This film is filled with beautiful shots. M Night Shyamalan did an amazing job writing, producing, and Directing this film. The twist is so perfect to the plot also. A definite watch for everyone.

Rating: 9.7/10
June 7, 2017
17 years after its release, Unbreakable certainly seems amateurish and awkwardly paced. This does not stop it from being an entertaining study of superhero mythos. Easily Shyamalan's best work up until Split.
½ June 2, 2017
liked the premise but the twists were getting old even then mnight also this was the beginning for me of Bruce phoning in his part
May 31, 2017
It was decent, nothing extraordinary, lots of unanswered questions, weird ending, little bit slow, but it was ok.
May 30, 2017
Rating: 96%
With Willis and Jackson at the top of their game with a shocking and heartfelt story, Unbreakable makes for a suspenseful and well-written thriller that stands as director M. Night Shyamalan's best work to date.
May 30, 2017
Of course after watching Split I had to see Unbreakable right after. Shyamalan's second film is a cult classic, and is one of the more appreciated superhero movies before the 2010s. This film, along with Bryan Singer's X-Men, ending up breaking new ground for superhero films. After watching this, I believe this is Shyamalan's best work from a direction standpoint. I really love the tone of the film throughout, and some of the shots that Shyamalan thinks up are intriguing. The performances are solid, with Jackson's performance being my favorite. This is definitely a fresh take on superhero films, even today, and that's why I believe it has such a large following. The score is outstanding, and overall I believe this is one of the finer films in Shyamalan's filmography.
½ May 30, 2017
This movie is a classic example of a slow and steady shyamalan movie. A person with patience can truly enjoy this movie.
May 29, 2017
better then I thought, not as good as I had hoped
½ May 23, 2017
The very, very end, especially with the text, ruins what I believe, otherwise, is Shymalan's best directed film.
½ May 20, 2017
This movie marks the original style of M. Night Shyamalan, the way how he managed the suspense is absolutely brilliant, but the movie gets a little bit longer and slow, i love the way how he kept the characters interesting until the end of the movie
½ May 20, 2017
Absolute slow bore of movie and possibly the most boring superhero-ish movie by far.
May 18, 2017
I found this movie a bit confusing while watching it, but it all got tied together at the end. Definitely worth watching.
May 16, 2017
In the time of DC & Marvel tentpoles, this is the superhero movie I needed to watch.