Unbreakable - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unbreakable Reviews

January 21, 2017
Unbreakable, in my opinion is one of the best and quite interesting movie I have seen in my life. First of all, this is a (or can be) superhero movie approached to the audience in a different path. The acting in this movie is fantastic. Once again, Bruce Willis looks and acts compelling as a dramatic role. Unlike other films, Unbreakable is a quiet and a settle movie that takes the audience into a suspenseful thrill ride as the movie runs on it's run time. Especially, it has a very strange and suspenseful atmosphere flowing through the interaction with Bruce Willis' character and Samuel L. Jackson's character. It has some amazing dialogue with true tone. The cinematography is fantastic with a superb lighting and a very interesting color scheme by a specific expression. Some might say, the ending or the twist of the movie didn't give true shock like The Sixth Sense did. For me, the last twist was fairly remarkable. And yes, it is did not give me shock or the different visuality of the film, but it is very unpredictable with a compelling backstory and reason. Overall, Unbreakable is another M. Night Shyamalan's greatest films and I think it has more value than it does right now.
January 21, 2017
Not flashy, a humanizing take on the superhero genre.
January 20, 2017
This is a film that could have (and should have) been so much better. The premise was intriguing but there wasn't enough substance to sustain the plot for the entirety
January 20, 2017
I'd give it a million stars if I could. A beautiful movie.
½ January 20, 2017
Not the prototypical "superhero movie" that plays as the entire origin story of everyone involved. Shyamalan sends things for a twist at the end, leaving you wanting more.
½ January 20, 2017
This was terrible...just terrible. The hero can't die and the villain is so fragile that he's not worth fighting. Like really?! What kind of nonsense is this?! A total waste of time.
½ January 19, 2017
i absolutely love this movie. i love everything about it. the musical score is amazing and frequently makes the scene. the directing is awesome and so is the story. it has a very untraditional feel. the characters are so interesting. and never have character arcs been so apparent to me in a movie. (about 3 viewings)

SPOILERS

the one flaw i have with this movie is the text at the very end telling us what happens to them. i feel like it would have been much better to just leave it out, it sort of took me out of the scene which was giving me the business. the two twists were so awesome. i love how the three characters main arcs were completed one by one. bruce willis no longer sad because he's doing what he's supposed to do and saved his marriage. his son who no longer feels lost and his belief that his father is really a hero is proven true, literally and figuratively. and mr. glass finally finding his true purpose as the arch enemy to the superhero. this is a superhero movie that does not follow any of the usual things we see in those movies. i normally love when something builds up to a big action scene. but this movie's climax was so much more impactful than any action scene a superhero movie can offer. when he was fighting the rapist, i am brought to tears. it's such a perfect climax with amazing music
½ January 17, 2017
one of the coolest movie ever. Totally original comic book type movie.
½ January 13, 2017
Easily the best M. Night movie.
January 12, 2017
Nota: 8.5/10 - 4.3/5
½ January 3, 2017
Though I may be biased as a lover of comic books, Unbreakable stands as one of Shyamalan's early feats.
January 1, 2017
If you have not yet seen unbreakable, you are doing yourself a disservice... It is most definitely one of the great films of our time
December 3, 2016
Unbreakable puts the superhero genre in utter realism which trades us off with a slight musing on comic book lore and Philosophy even if the plot is slow.
December 2, 2016
Watching this film for the first time in a very long time made me really appreciate its craftsmanship and Shyamalan's knack for brilliant storytelling. "Unbreakable" is arguably one of his best movies, a unique superhero thriller that doesn't rely on fancy special effects, and instead, focuses on the struggle of an everyday man. Bruce Willis gives one of his best and most subdued performances of his career, and I loved the aesthetics/cinematography of the film. There are a lot of one long takes and that impressed me big time. While some may find its ending weak and not satisfactory, I was rather ok with the way it wrapped up. Don't compare it to "The Sixth Sense". These are two very different movies. I really enjoyed it.
November 14, 2016
A truly underrated film. Unbreakable deserves to be seen again, as it delivers an interesting and unique take on the superhero genre.
½ November 12, 2016
11/11/2016: An ok movie. A superhero/comic book movie that is all character development and no action. Not really entertaining enough to watch more than once.
November 11, 2016
This is one of my favorite movies about a man finding his purpose in life. It's beautiful.
½ October 28, 2016
Very intriguing story written by Shyamalan. One of the very underrated films of our time.
½ October 8, 2016
A worthy attempt for a follow up to The Sixth Sense. Original concept. A slow burn. Rating: 7 / 10
½ September 30, 2016
good cast. gets a bit ridiculous toward the end.