Uncertainty Reviews

• Jul 05, 2017

A good attempt at an interesting idea, but doesn't quite come together. I liked the green story better, to my surprise.

• Apr 06, 2016

The title is right, I ain't really certain what actually happens...

The title is right, I ain't really certain what actually happens...

• Nov 07, 2014

This was bad, real bad. Not even Joseph Gordon Levitt looking the HOTTEST I'VE EVER SEEN HIM could help to make it more interesting.

• Aug 23, 2014

It's the Fourth of July, and Kate (Lynn Collins) and Bobby (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) are a young couple who have been together for ten months. They are struggling to make a decision: do they stick with tradition and spend the weekend with Kate's family, or do they set out on their own for a spontaneous adventure? So they decide to flip a coin and after making their initial decision, an alternate narrative emerges to show just what would have happened had they chosen to do otherwise. One storyline takes place in Brooklyn, where Bobby and Kate decide to go visit Kate's family with its share of family drama. The other storyline takes place in Manhattan where Bobby and Kate find a cellphone in a taxi belonging to a criminal who values it at $500,000. The implications of each choice are profound. As the stories diverge and a "what if" scenario becomes reality, it soon becomes apparent how much one seemingly minor decision can ultimately affect the rest of our lives... "Uncertainty" is based on how the course of our lives is determined by the countless decisions - major and minor - we make on a daily basis. One simple and seemingly insignificant act of choice can set the course for our entire future. This sort of parallel storyline is hardly new, "Sliding Doors" from 1998 is one good example, but with the former there´s just no real sense in keeping these two story lines parallel as the simply don´t connect the dots and present a meaningful conclusion. The story lines has weight on its own, but together they simply have no proper point of convergence. So it all becomes incoherent and inconsistent. With that said, we still get good acting from both Lynn Collins and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but that can´t save a frustrating cut up and partly messy movie experience.

• Jun 08, 2014

Definitely not my kind of movie...:( It just couldn't keep my attention nor touch me...:(

• Feb 24, 2014

Gimmicky and ultimately quite stupid.

Gimmicky and ultimately quite stupid.

• Dec 28, 2013

stick to cutting your toe nails for the night. its just a load of pants really that doesn't go anywhere.

• Dec 07, 2013

wow ummmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.......i think that joseph gordon levitt (from the brilliant movie the dark knight rises), lynn collins (from the brilliant tv series true blood), assumpta serna (from the tv series richard sharpe), olivia thirby (from the brilliant tv series bored to death), louis arcella, nelson landrieu, sofia luca, play good roles/parts throughout this movie........i think that the director of this drama/thriller movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.........i think that the car chases throughout this movie were pretty good in this movie.......i think that this is an enjoyable indie crime drama thriller movie for 2008........its got a good cast throughout this movie........i think that the director of this movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie i think that the director keeps you on the edges of your seats throughout this movie......i think that this is an enjoyable indie movie 2 watch......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie........i think that both joseph gordon levitt/ lynn collins were brilliant as the 2 lead roles throughout this movie........i think that this is a really enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that the fight scenes throughout this movie were pretty good in this movie.......i think that assumpta serna was great throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie....i think that this is such an enjoyable indie movie 2 watch for 2008 its so enjoyable thriller movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie i think that this is a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its got a good cast thorughout this movie its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch its so enjoyable movie 2 watch its such an enjoyable thriller movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie its a good indie movie for 2008

• Sep 30, 2013

Even when the movie's main idea is interesting... The movie gets really boring.

Even when the movie's main idea is interesting... The movie gets really boring.

• Jul 29, 2013

Well haven't seen a bad movie in awhile. There was a good plot and good acting but the writers just didn't know how to handle it so they killed it.