Uncut Gems Reviews

• 8h ago

This movie was, to say the least, the most stupid complex movie I have ever seen. The entire plot was more or less interesting, until the entire thing ended watching Adam Sandler bleed out on the floor, thus rendering the entire sequence of events prior completely meaningless. Was also very bored during the sequence of events prior, dragged on for much too long all for nothing. Wish I saved my 3 hours.

• 9h ago

Most of the characters in this movie are unlikeable and that makes it an easy movie to dislike. Except for a couple characters they all were worthy of being killed. I'd like to cite the redeeming qualities of this movie but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I know it can't be that bad but I can't say I'd recommend it and I can't say I'd definitely watch it again, but I might watch it again. If nothing else, it's a different kind of movie, one like you've probably never seen before... but very easy to not like. 3 of 5

• 18h ago

I was pleasantly surprised by Sandlers performance. He needs to take on more serious roles as this cause he was in his element. Phenomenal story, incredible actors. You can't help but love Sandlers character and at the same time want to choke him for being so stupid with irrational life decisions.

• 3d ago

The critics got this right and the audience got it wrong. It was a remarkably successful attempt to induce stress levels strong enough to make you forget it's just a movie. Masterfully emotive and imbued with relatability, you might find yourself yelling at Adam Sandler like he was a dear friend, suffering from mistake after self-inflicted mistake.

• 4d ago

Adam Sandler rivals his performance from Punch Drunk love in this movie. He was robbed of the Oscar nom. It's a super slow burn but worth it.

• 4d ago

Some of it was interesting but it lies through tone and misdirects unnervingly...and not in a good way...in a deliberate way just to obscure a bad payoff.

• 4d ago

Same scene and same emotion throughout the movie... from the beginning to the merciful end. No arc to the storyline. The could have been a great short film. KG's connection to the stone seemed implausible and awkward.

• 5d ago

If you love being stressed out and watching people make terrible decisions for over two hours...this is your movie! Pure chaos. Did not enjoy, despite really having high hopes.

• 5d ago

A surface level theme and plot that is elevated by Sandler's acting and excellent pacing with shock and tension along the way.

• 5d ago

A fantastic, panic induced film that forces you the feel the tension and chaos of the main character, brilliantly played by Sandler.