United 93 Reviews

• Apr 17, 2019

I liked how they showed the perspective of the people on the phones. Not bad.

I liked how they showed the perspective of the people on the phones. Not bad.

• Mar 18, 2019

Films about tragic events that everyone knows about, don't always paint the subject matter with seriousness or caution. However, United 93 did an excellent job on telling a story about an event in that day in history. Greengrass' directing was spot on. The characters were richly portrayed and believable. It also doesn't slow down on the intensity and chaotic scramble of events as it gives a realistic feel in the process. A phenomenal film about an American tragedy and the people who stood up for the greater good.

• Dec 22, 2018

The first half is completely irrelevant to the rest of the film, with absolutely no main characters to follow. It only starts to get interesting when the events are centrally on flight United 93.

• Oct 28, 2018

4/18/2019 I guess no one can really accurately depict the actual account for obvious reasons. But given the snippets of information from the the people on the ground, possible accounts of the loved ones left behind and the relative failure of the hijackers' "mission" given that the others on that day were carried out successfully, this would be as accurate as it could get. This still got me at the edge of my seat, even though I have read the true-to-life story of United Flight 93. No big stars here but watch out for that hottie Cheyenne Jackson.

• Oct 13, 2018

As you can imagine, it’s ultimately soul crushing. Yet, greengrass makes a remarkable tribute to the heroism of the passengers of United 93. Expertly crafted and a film that never feels hollywoodized. This is brilliant and heartbreaking. The last 10 minutes will absolutely inspire and paralyze you...Damn you Paul Greengrass

• Sep 14, 2018

Paul Greengrass delivers a tragic and gripping experience of the chaotic and unfathomable day it was. He paints a heroic picture of those who took matters into their own hands without precedent.

• Aug 31, 2018

I finally watched this movie and I am so glad I did. Too many times Hollywood movies go over the top telling real-life events. This felt gut-wrenchingly real.

• Jun 09, 2018

Every American should watch this film.

Every American should watch this film.

• Apr 24, 2018

A good depiction of the chaos on the morning that shook a nation and a world.

A good depiction of the chaos on the morning that shook a nation and a world.

• Feb 02, 2018

The title suggests that the plot surrounds the ill-fated United airlines plane, but it's a movie that entails 9/11 as a whole. Paul Greengrass ignores all the traditional Hollywood cliches of having a lead hero to focus on, having plot exposition to explain things, or incorporating character development so that we're attached to certain individuals. But rather Greengrass opts for a gorilla style direction as if someone was holding a camcorder and filming the day's events and watching it all unfold unexpectedly in real time. We're simply thrown into the chaos of that day while watching all the reactions and confusion from one occurrence after another. All of that works, and works extremely well at that. The final 15 minutes left me shaken with the most intense moments i've ever sat through in any film, despite knowing what the outcome would be. This was an extraordinary film to say the least.