A View to a Kill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A View to a Kill Reviews

½ October 14, 2015
WHAT I LIKED: Like it's predecessor, 'A View to a Kill' has a buils-up that largely works thanks to a great villain and high-stakes plot, not to mention a more 'on' than 'off' performance from Moore.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: However it does begin to get extremelly over the top, cringey and unbearable, half way through. In fact, by the end, it feels like more of a mindless action flick than a good Bond movie.
VERDICT: It may be gripping to start, but it gets truly ridiculous. Roger Moore goes out with more of a physical bang than a good one.
December 7, 2014
No doubt the worst Bond film out there.
April 29, 2011
This movie was a mess. The plot really didn't feel like a James Bond movie. The villain was mediocre and there was not a lot of action. Was boring. Stopped watching after a hour.
April 28, 2016
The story is very interesting and quite entertaining.
½ August 3, 2015
After the god awful Octopussy I was hoping that they would finally kick Roger Moore to the curb and get some young blood to play Bond, That didn't happen so I went into this film expecting the same, But I was pleasantly suprised, It had some ok action scenes but agin they were ruined by silly one liners and the fact that the film was so poorly edited that we could tell so clearly when the stunt double was used and it really killed the whole mood at times, The plot wasn't great, Christopher Walken played a good part and the last 20 minutes weren't too bad but the whole film is predictable, It's one of Roger Moores better Bond films but I'm so glad it was his last.
March 30, 2016
A proper Bond flick,
#1 Full of over the top stunts including an Eiffel tower parachute jump within 10 mins
#2 Lots of gadgets
#3 The best Bond Villain possibly ever in Christopher Walken. A man who made smiling normal while betraying and murdering people.
#4 A great campy soundtrack(Duran Duran)
Roger Moore's last mission is right up there with some of Bonds best work..
½ March 3, 2016
As entertaining as it is watching a 70-year-old Roger Moore make out with girls young enough to be his granddaughters, A View to a Kill has but one saving grace: Christopher Walken as an unbridled megalomaniacal psychopath. The Golden Gate finale is worth the wait.
½ March 20, 2016
For its time, not a bad addition. Good send off for roger moore. At 57, not many can pull of a believable jame bond. Other than a few scenes, he up to the challenge
½ March 7, 2016
With a catchy opening sequence song, and a better performance from the ladies, A view to a kill has its negatives and positives. Of course, Moore is WAY too old to play bond. Zorin looks like a gay fag that has 3 women bodyguards, And the only attractive bond girl is the Pola Ivanova (Fullerton)
½ February 24, 2016
What the heck is this, James Bond is supposed to be cool.
February 23, 2016
This is my fave Bond movie. Great acting from Walken. Classic Bond storyline. Great settings, in France and California. Great action scenes and great music.
February 22, 2016
I have to admit, I liked Christopher Walkens Zorin a lot, but the story around his character lacks a lot, and the movies spends most of the time to convince us that Roger Moore (who was like 60 when this movie was made) can be a highly skilled agent.
Billie P.
February 8, 2016
Some entertainment just doesn't stand the test of time, including the 1985 James Bond film "A View to a Kill." Problems galore with this film. Here are just a few. Roger Moore is just too old to be playing Bond at this point. The fight scenes are laughably bad. Plus he is supposed to be a sex symbol. It's not that he is such a bad guy but it's just so terribly obvious that he is not the kind of man that women would be throwing themselves at like this film portrays. Another problem is the misogyny and sexism itself. It's not that post-industrial society stopped being misogynistic or sexist, it's just that it could never be as blatant as all this is.

There is a gal named Jenny Flex in the film. Bond says, "Of course you are." Get it?! Her name is Jenny Flex, like the word "genuflect," which means to bow down in front of someone. Like a woman would to be subservient to a man. Or to suggest sexual activity on one's names. Oh ho ho. What a knee-slapper. If this film represents anything, it's that we're not nearly as bad as a society toward women as we once were. Hopefully.
January 31, 2016
Roger Moore looks like some creepy Grandpa with the much younger bond girls of the movie, and the action scenes scream "Hip Replacement".
Saying this, it's still an enjoyable movie, even if it isn't the best entry in the Bond Franchise.
½ January 16, 2016
Moore is a poor Bond. The story is typical take over the world. The film follows the same Bond format and is quite dull because of it.
June 7, 2007
Better than I remember, mostly because of Walken being typecast
½ December 29, 2015
A View To A Kill, Roger Moore's last outing as 007 is,despite what most say, great fun, it gets down to the business of being escapist, stunt packed, frivolous ridiculous entertainment in the way the Moore era Bonds and generally 80's action movies did in a way that you sorely wish modern action movies would more often. The action sequences have that dangerous, thrilling "how the fuck did they film that"? feel that is also gone from most movies today, especially the car chase through Paris and an immense scene where a vast mining cave is flooded and destroyed, everything feels so rough and tactile, it truly looks like people possibly got hurt and could have got more than that many times throughout (there's one scene where a stunt guy falls off a horse and if that dude got up and walked it off straight away afterwards id be a bit surprised) other stuff of note are the great baddies, the legendary Christopher Walken is a gleefully psychotic joy as Max Zorin, he's icy, scary, devilish and clearly having a blast with the role, and then you've got the striking and absolutely terrifyingly buff man/woman/alien Grace Jones, who someone thought we all wanted to see in a barely concealing thong type thing tussling with Walken in one scene....."no thanks". This movie dose sadly have one of the most annoyingly useless, soppy Bong girls ever in Tanya Roberts, luckily shes possibly the most stunningly beautiful Bond girl ever to boot. The plot is, as per the Moore era, pretty much all over the place and fairly thin, but unlike the dull and meandering Spectre, at least there's so much going on and so much entertainment value and insane action and fun, that you really dont mind, Also, the biggest factor, Duran Durans, badass, pumping, awesomely 80's title song, the best song of the whole fucking franchise!
½ April 22, 2011
A aging Rodger Moore's crusade against Christopher Walken's "Weapon of Choice" delivers non-stop awesomeness.
½ November 19, 2015
Well past his sell-by date, Roger Moore shamelessly headlines an overly camp adventure where the only action comes courtesy of a killer theme song. Trading adventure in for bad jokes, this rote outing marks an embarrassing entry for the series. Thanks to A View to a Kill, Sean Connery didn't suffer the indignity of being the only Bond to go out on a low note. In his 7th outing as Bond, Moore's superspy has become Perry Como with a License to Kill. Low energy as he goes through the all-too-familiar paces of redundancy, his now-lackluster 007 fails to throw off sparks even with a villainous two-fer played by Christopher Walken and Grace Jones.

In this PG-rated spy adventure, an investigation of a horse-racing scam leads 007 (Moore) to a mad industrialist who plans to create a worldwide microchip monopoly by destroying California's Silicon Valley.

When a slow-moving blimp is the literal 'vehicle' that sets your supposedly explosive climax in motion, you know it's time to hang up your Walther PPK. Indeed, the final San Francisco Bay Bridge action set piece offers the most excitement of the entire flick ...which is to say, none at all. At this troubling juncture, Jones' character name, Mayday, seems symptomatic of the franchise in general.

Bottom line: That Fatal Kiss
June 11, 2007
Aside from Tanya Roberts looking fucking gorgeous, I really didn't like anything else in this movie. It's definitely not Roger Moore's worst, it's just really mediocre. Christopher Walken does his schtick but it lacks any memorable material to back it up. The action scenes are decent enough but again, nothing stands out. The only reason I could see watching this again is for Tanya Roberts. She ain't that great of an actress but my God, is she beautiful. I could stare at her face forever.