The Village - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Village Reviews

½ January 17, 2017
was actually a good movie
½ January 14, 2017
Boring and Pointless
½ December 31, 2016
Worst movie ever created by man.
December 25, 2016
The film is driven by its central mystery and interesting technical craft but as the film meanders on, the weight of the story (and its twist) feels more and more unsatisfying.
Grade: C+
½ December 25, 2016
A mystery-driven allegory that will disappoint those expecting the frightening movie the trailer wants to sell, but those more open-minded may find an interesting film with an evocative cinematography, even if the main twist (two, in fact) doesn't carry the same impact as Shyamalan's previous films.
December 9, 2016
I liked it the first time, the twist was odd. If you watch it later, years later you appreciate it much more.
December 3, 2016
The Village may be disappointing in some regards but it's twist exposes interesting social ideas and fixes itself on the problem of human nature.
½ November 29, 2016
The Village is one of Shyamalan's more misunderstood films that demands your patience with his singular style of filmmaking.
½ November 6, 2016
An epic (epitome) how typical asinine US cults psychosis exists, though the story obstinate. Hope the director had some inspiration from the Texas cults which FBI busted lately.
October 21, 2016
I completely loved this Movie! It had the BEST ending ever!
October 2, 2016
The best movie of M. Night Shyamalan!
August 27, 2016
Movies are made to make us forget about reality, and conjure up Somthing that makes us forget about it. Many critics on here will say that the plot twist at the end is terrible and unconfortable, and makes them hate the movie. But if you keep an open mind to this film towards the end as well the theme of it, you will find that this movie is absolutely beautiful. The acting is extremely flawless, the soundtrack is my favorite out of all the movies I've ever seen, and the plot provides a breath taking vibe.
½ August 2, 2016
The Village is reasonably creepy and has a good setup, then Shyamalan's signature twist is revealed. The audience then calmly says, "oh, that makes sense" and realizes they might as well go home. Overall a promising film that fails to deliver in the end.
½ July 31, 2016
The second we find out its modern day and they have been living inside a national park, my brain told myself to punch me in the face as hard and as many times as I could for going to see this movie.
½ July 25, 2016
Stange. Very very very strange
½ July 25, 2016
The Village, Count Me In!

The Village, Has More PlotHoles Than Lady In The Water, But Lady in the water was DVD watch, This had 10!
If I ever see one more awful film of M. Night Shyamalan's... he should really stop making movies.

Score: 4/10
July 25, 2016
The twist ending disappoints? I wasn't disappointed by the story but the characters. This tale only falls apart in the 3rd act and really if our standards wouldn't have been soo high; this Shyamalan film, would still be well regraded
July 23, 2016
Time is going to tell with this movie. I love it. I think it's well done. There's at least some thought put into it.
July 21, 2016
The Village is a solid horror flick directed by M Night Shyamalan, filled with good acting and the distinct Shyamalan tone that is mysterious and a little creepy. I really enjoyed this one, and I think it got its bad reception because it was marketed only as a horror film when it is also a love story. I was very interested in the relationship between the two leads, and I actually enjoyed the ending. It just gets a little slow, and a little preposterous at times. In the end, no matter how underused Jessie Eisenberg was, The Village is a good time
½ July 20, 2016
Adrian Brody's performance reminded me of Leo DiCaprio's in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape." Seriously, they deserve awards for their portrayals, as I can't imagine how difficult it would be to act as a special needs person.