Waking Life Reviews

• Jul 15, 2019

It's a wonderful and surreal journey through a teenagers world, posing the question if we are really awake in our dreams or really asleep in our 'Waking Life'. The film's animation is rotoscoped by over 30 different animators, giving each scene it's own distinct look and feel.

• Jul 03, 2019

Watched this in my Philosophy class, and it still didn't help me understand some of the stuff we discussed XD No offense, really! The animation is really well done, but it made me feel sick at times. Just not my cup of tea.

• May 24, 2019

Waking Life is a most unsual intelligent captivating inventive animated philosphical film.

• May 08, 2019

The best animated movie ever made!

The best animated movie ever made!

• Mar 18, 2019

Admirable for its attempts to be both visually and narratively mind-boggling, Waking Life plays as more of a loosely connected, dizzyingly assembled drama that throws around thinly connected philosophical meditations.

• Aug 24, 2018

Absolutely the most beautiful movie I've seen in my life.

Absolutely the most beautiful movie I've seen in my life.

• May 01, 2018

The only movie that I have ever walked out of before it was finished. Imagine listening to actors read from a philosophy textbook without taking a breath. The only reason I give it a half star is because the animation is beautiful.

• Oct 11, 2017

A movie that had a touching impact on my life. Great for deep thinkers and the 'spiritually-inclined'....

• Oct 09, 2017

Richard Linklater's rotoscoped animation comprehends visual treats literally throbbing with jazziness and frustratingly exclusive philosophical musings on lucid dreaming, existentialism, postmodernism and etceteras.

• Sep 12, 2017

A series of stunningly provocative philosophical conversations that benefits greatly from it's surreal art stylings. The only faults are when the two clash, vying for the viewers attention.