Walking Out Reviews

• 14h ago

If you like movies that are more like national geographic documentaries... then you might find this bearable.

• 2d ago

Loved this. Touching tale of father and son coming of age and manhood.

Loved this. Touching tale of father and son coming of age and manhood.

• 6d ago

Very beautiful photograph, good script decent acting. A slow burner.

Very beautiful photograph, good script decent acting. A slow burner.

• Oct 08, 2019

Read the user reviews then remember this one thing: It's a movie about 2 people going on a hunting trip with what they believe to be a useful set of skills, NOT the director or script's knowledge of hunting in the snow. So that being said, many of the users are right in the unpreparedness of the father and son. The father acts like he's an expert too, so we can only assume he is just a foolish hunter. If you look past this as some kind of detail perfect scenario, you walk away with a majestic landscape and a series of progressively foolish mistakes that end up as you might expect. There are a few key things to take away from this. One - the father becomes enraged when someone else meaninglessly killed the animal he tracked for weeks. So we see there are some people who just do that. Good to know because it is true but not as prevalent as one might think. Second - the lesson to be learned about the difference between hunting and killing is taking a life for sustenance instead of just killing it and leaving it to rot. The bear scene emphasizes this. Even in extreme peril, he didn't break that rule. That was a good take away. Hunting for food, according to the fish and game rules which are strict and make a good deal of sense, is about the only respectable use of firearms as I see it. I only say that because some have criticized this as another American gun crazy piece that glorifies guns. It's not. If anything it shows how foolish it is to use them if you know nothing about them. You'll see what I mean if you watch the movie. It's slow, but the scenery demands it. The plot is pretty clear despite what some have said. I think if one wants to hate a movie they just jump on a few buzzwords to rip it down. Ultimately, this movie may make you think twice before running out into the snow covered mountain and you might learn a thing or two about people's reasons for hunting. Not a great deal more, but I didn't get the impression it was shooting for much more than that. It's worth watching on Netflix. I wouldn't suggest spending money on it though.

• Oct 05, 2019

Great story of son and father bonding and surviving the wilderness. The awkwardness and discomfort in the relationship is very relatable

• Apr 05, 2019

A bleak survival story that gets the cinematography right, but just about everything else so wrong it's almost funny. I'm hardly an expert, but it's difficult to believe the professional critics who rated this so highly would even emerge alive from a trip to the park to feed the ducks.

• Jan 23, 2019

Slow to start, but man, I haven't cried so much during a movie for a while sheesh

• Jan 06, 2019

Crap. Hard to believe any man could be that abysmally stupid as to not have safety equipment. No snowshoes. Aim a gun at himself, even under duress. Not be able to splint or make a travois.

• Oct 27, 2018

The cinematography captures the beauty of the wilderness but it's undoubtedly the strong performances that make Walking Out a heartbreaking experience.

• Oct 17, 2018

with its stunning backdrop, the film draws you in. Characters play a very realistic role and they play it well; very well. loved this film. kept thinking about it long after it was over. Enjoy !