Watchmen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Watchmen Reviews

January 15, 2018
Very depressing and unnecessarily violent
January 11, 2018
GENIUS!!!!! One of the Deepest and most complex movies I have ever seen! A Masterpiece. The casting is absolutely spot on Perfect. Billy Crudup is brilliant. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is incredible. Malin Akerman is good. Patrick Wilson is Solid. Matthew Goode is terrific. Jackie Earle Haley is absolutely Impeccable in this film and gives one of the best performances I have ever seen in my life.. The Characters are some of the most fascinating people I have ever seen in a film. the Visuals are Phenomenal but the plot is the real beauty of this wonderfully crafted film. The Plot is complex and has some really nice surprising twists. the critics are wrong. One can understand this movie perfectly without reading the graphic Novel. I watched the film first and I was so excited after it was over that I had to read the novel. I have read the novel and seen the film many times since then. I am obsessed with Watchmen!!! especially the Ultimate cut!
January 6, 2018
Zack Snyder has always been one of the most polarizing movie directors to exist. 300, Batman v Superman, The Owls of Ga'Hoole. Many believe that Sucker Punch was the only genuinely bad movie he made. And then there's Watchmen. It was also polarizing but it's the one Zack Snyder movie that many believe to be legitimately good. Everyone has their own criticisms: the long runtime, the narrative structure and Dr. Manhattan's blue ding-dong. However, on most sties that aren't review aggregators, you'll find a decent amount of people claiming that Watchmen should be among the Top 10 best superhero movies of all time. Which side of the spectrum do I fall on? Well, I'm sure the number of stars I've given this movie isn't giving you a straightforward answer. From what I heard, the movie is faithful to the comic so that ought to please fans of the Alan Moore classic. I really liked what this movie had to offer. The performances, the characters, the line delivery of Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan especially during the scenes where we hear their thoughts. The special effects look amazing and no matter which side of the spectrum you take you'll find yourself unable to disagree with how amazing the visuals and effects look. The action? There is action but most of it is brief and the action sequences often don't reach the five-minute mark. Zack Snyder's signature style still appears in them. Then there's the amazing opening credits montage. And the ending, too. Take note that Zack Snyder was making a movie that puts the characters first and the action later and that violence isn't something casually glossed over because they were evil. This is why the movie had to be rated R. Because PG-13 wouldn't be suitable for a movie based off of such a complex comic. Even if you didn't like Watchmen there are far worse comic book movies than it. I thought this movie was awesome.
December 27, 2017
Except I'll wait for the Television release so they can blur out Mr Manhattan's anatomy... eesh.
½ December 24, 2017
A classic comic film.
December 15, 2017
This movie was perfect, it wasn't the greatest, but it was everything that it should have been and a little more. Following 300's movie creation this one followed the comic book closely and added a little more. The acting at times was a little off, but was over shadowed by amazing CG and excellent fight sequences. If you like Watchmen the graphic novel this is a must see.
December 9, 2017
Cute movie, haven't read the novel yet so I can just say this, it was an interesting idea. I liked it.
December 6, 2017
This movie is a Masterpiece especially the Directors Cut. Those 3 hours fly by so quickly. Watchmen is visually stunning and epic.The story and characters are complex and unique. The more I watch it the more I love it. One of the top 5 best comic-book movie ever made. I can't recommend this movie enough.
December 4, 2017
Mediocre adaptation of a really great graphic novel. Had the potential to be so much more.
November 26, 2017
Amazing movie, can't understand why people didn't like it.
November 21, 2017
The extended directors is very long but pretty awesome as well. I know a lot of die hard Watchmen fans don't like how much the ending was changed, but it works well and frankly better than the comic book one would have screen. A lot of the scenes are amazing, ripped right out of the graphic novel.
November 20, 2017
best comic book adaptation, brilliant
November 20, 2017
This was the bottom 5 worst movie i have ever seen! The plot dragged on so long that i fell asleep in the movie. There is only one good action scene but its like 40 seconds. DO NOT ever see this movie! Its bad, you will fall asleep, and you will get bored! STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOVIE!
November 18, 2017
Amazing movie and mostly faithful to the original material.
½ November 17, 2017
Who watches the Watchmen? The answer depends on who's read the graphic novel? Fans of the book will be astounded by Snyder's faithfulness to the source material, but newcomers will be confused by the sheer volume of characters and plot threads. Despite some great performances (Jackie Earle Haley IS Rorschach!) and brilliant special effects, Watchmen remains an interesting experiment, if not an altogether satisfying movie experience. A TV mini-series may have worked better.
November 14, 2017
I actually love this film, It's literally one of the most accurate films to the novels great job Zack Snyder
November 8, 2017
It's long, occasionally dull, and its narrative structure can be confusing and hard to keep up with (kinda like this review), but Watchmen is a very underrated film. Malin Akerman's performance seems phoned in and leaves much to be desired, but thankfully the rest of the cast make up for it. Jackie Earle Haley steals the show as Rorschach, somehow managing to be more emotive with the mask than without it, and his performance is so great that I forgive him for failing as Freddy Krueger in the 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Matthew Goode is fantastic, and his performance makes Ozymandias one of the most underrated villains in cinematic history. Billy Crudup is perfectly detached as Dr Manhattan, Patrick Wilson is criminally underrated as Nite Owl, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan absolutely nails his performance as The Comedian. There's not as much action as you'd expect from a 163 minute long movie, but the action itself is fun, entertaining, and brutal. Zack Snyder's direction isn't fantastic, but he does a very good job. I haven't read the graphic novel, so I can't comment on its faithfulness, but the film stands very well on its own. Overall, Watchmen isn't exactly top-notch in any respect, but it's still very good.
October 31, 2017
While Watchmen may not live up to the heights of the legendary graphic novel, it is still a dark, gritty, and visually beautiful re-telling of the story that deserves to be seen.

4/5 stars
October 31, 2017
The most boring music video I've ever seen.