Watchmen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Watchmen Reviews

November 20, 2017
best comic book adaptation, brilliant
November 20, 2017
This was the bottom 5 worst movie i have ever seen! The plot dragged on so long that i fell asleep in the movie. There is only one good action scene but its like 40 seconds. DO NOT ever see this movie! Its bad, you will fall asleep, and you will get bored! STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOVIE!
November 18, 2017
Amazing movie and mostly faithful to the original material.
½ November 17, 2017
Who watches the Watchmen? The answer depends on who's read the graphic novel? Fans of the book will be astounded by Snyder's faithfulness to the source material, but newcomers will be confused by the sheer volume of characters and plot threads. Despite some great performances (Jackie Earle Haley IS Rorschach!) and brilliant special effects, Watchmen remains an interesting experiment, if not an altogether satisfying movie experience. A TV mini-series may have worked better.
November 14, 2017
I actually love this film, It's literally one of the most accurate films to the novels great job Zack Snyder
November 8, 2017
It's long, occasionally dull, and its narrative structure can be confusing and hard to keep up with (kinda like this review), but Watchmen is a very underrated film. Malin Akerman's performance seems phoned in and leaves much to be desired, but thankfully the rest of the cast make up for it. Jackie Earle Haley steals the show as Rorschach, somehow managing to be more emotive with the mask than without it, and his performance is so great that I forgive him for failing as Freddy Krueger in the 2010 remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Matthew Goode is fantastic, and his performance makes Ozymandias one of the most underrated villains in cinematic history. Billy Crudup is perfectly detached as Dr Manhattan, Patrick Wilson is criminally underrated as Nite Owl, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan absolutely nails his performance as The Comedian. There's not as much action as you'd expect from a 163 minute long movie, but the action itself is fun, entertaining, and brutal. Zack Snyder's direction isn't fantastic, but he does a very good job. I haven't read the graphic novel, so I can't comment on its faithfulness, but the film stands very well on its own. Overall, Watchmen isn't exactly top-notch in any respect, but it's still very good.
October 31, 2017
While Watchmen may not live up to the heights of the legendary graphic novel, it is still a dark, gritty, and visually beautiful re-telling of the story that deserves to be seen.

4/5 stars
October 31, 2017
The most boring music video I've ever seen.
October 29, 2017
Very different from the superhero movies we have today.
October 29, 2017
Watchmen: Director Zach Synder delivers impressive visuals and style however Zach Synder proves once again that as a director he cannot do, nor knows how to tell the source material those not famailr with the story.
½ October 27, 2017
Only for comic geeks. Long drawn out tribute to the watchmen comic and unless you know and appreciate that it's not a great film to watch.
½ October 26, 2017
Let bygones be bygones I always say. But today I let the world know. This was a terrible film. Save your time for other trash.
October 20, 2017
Definitivamente una gran adaptación, a pesar de ciertos cambios en el argumento, los cambios hechos fueron acomodados de manera inteligente, excelentes actuaciones y una gran elección de reparto
½ September 30, 2017
The scenes were beautifully filmed, but the story itself was lackluster. The only interesting scenes were ones with Rorschach in it. The sex scene lasted way too long and wasn't even filmed nicely.
½ September 27, 2017
One of my favorite movies, has some unforgettable scenes.
½ September 27, 2017
A great movie if you are not obsessed with the fidelity of the adaptation in relation to the comic book. Great performance by Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the Comedian and Jackie Early Haley as Rorscharch. One of my top five comic/ superheroes movies.
½ September 21, 2017
Had a lot going for it, but still left me a little cold.

Great concepts. Great visuals. Short on compelling characters.

(...and later...)

Ps -- I liked WATCHMEN better with the 2nd viewing.

I think one key to liking the film is not to expect that any of the main characters' actions or decisions will actually effect the arch-plot's final destination... ...and to think of it more as a mystery (with social commentary) than as an action-adventure.
September 21, 2017
The Director's Cut: A visually stunning and ambitious experience with a stand out performance from Jackie Earle Haley, but in the end is mostly for the fans of the graphic novel because the plot and character development becomes very rushed (cramming a 416 page book into a 3 hour movie) and after awhile disconnects the audience from caring about the convoluted plot and excessive amount of characters.
½ September 18, 2017
I've honestly never read the book and I regret not reading it(I'm gonna buy in a few weeks). But anyway,from my perspective I really liked it. I watched the theatrical version but I heard the directors cut is better so I'll upgrade in a few weeks too. The shots are gorgeous,I've brought up comparisons with the movie and pictures from the comic and it captures it almost perfectly. But the plot Is a bit stuffed(for me anyway) but I really liked this movie so seeing it multiple times doesn't bother me. I think this is one of those adaptations that can exist with or without the original source material,while it does have some changes here and there but I think it was necessary for the setting of the movie Zach was going for.
½ September 17, 2017
What an absolute let down :(
rewatched directors cut. much better