Watchmen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Watchmen Reviews

March 25, 2017
After watching the film for the 4th time or so, I ended up enjoying it way too much. Snyder films are, in general terms, regular, mediocre movies. But here he can expose his potential and talent for creating visually impacting movies.
½ March 24, 2017
Very overlooked film that captures what made the graphic novel so good.
March 15, 2017
Rorschach is sure to save many of the shaky plots for this movie
½ March 11, 2017
Pretty rich and involving superhero tale that happens w/o the prerequisite bad guys but (as in the comics of old) with the heroes struggling with one another in an alternate universe from our own. Big fun.
March 10, 2017
It's hard to not admire the caliginous tone that's set up in this comic-book enmeshed world that seems to not rely on connecting to a bigger universe. Watchmen relies solely on a one-time-only experience, and Snyder gets the job done, and for the most part, he knocks it out of the park.
March 7, 2017
Very stylized movie! Zach Snyder took the acclaimed graphic novel and turned it into a thrilling and eerie film. Movies based off DC comics are always portrayed in a amazing and popular fashion. If you like the dark knight trilogy you would like this!
½ March 5, 2017
The watchmen is a film that is not like any other superhero movies to date... its dark and gritty.. and kinda leaves its imprint on you for a bit after viewing... i loved it
½ March 4, 2017
This superhero film has its own unique style and general tone and with it being based on DC characters I didn't know all that much about it was a journey of discovery over the course of three hours and even though the film doesn't manage to completely sustain itself over that runtime I wasn't bored and this film had more than enough great moments to justify that runtime. Visually this film is brilliant and not just thanks to the special effects as the way the action is shot for instance is really well done and talking of the action it is brutal, hard hitting, gloriously violent and in parts entertaining. The soundtrack is also great, nice mix of well known pop and rock songs mixed with classical music which does overshadow the score which though decent isn't all that memorable. The plot is solid enough and the script although serviceable and having mostly decent dialogue doesn't really delve deep into these characters which given the runtime is a wasted opportunity. I also like the cast, the Cold War setting is a great idea and despite the flaws this is still a likable film that given more viewings I can see becoming even more enjoyable.
March 1, 2017
I often regard this movie as the second best comic book movie of all time, right behind The Dark Knight. And I now regard this movie as too far ahead of it's time, if it were released today I can easily see a 90% rating. This movie is better than anything Marvel has put out since Spider-Man 2.
Tyler H.
February 21, 2017
Watchmen proves that Zack Snyder's gory and dark vision is continued on this film . The tone is quite advanced and complex to benefit the film but the somewhat confusing story gets in the way of the movie being a staple. Though this film is definitely a classic comic book movie that every comic book reader should read.
February 21, 2017
Grade - B
-This review is of the Director's Cut-
'Watchmen' is truly a beautiful thing to behold, with Zack Snyder really outdoing himself. It's easily his best movie to date, with a complex yet fluent narrative, great performances and an different (but awesome) soundtrack. Although its running time is far too long, the last 30 minutes are touch-and-go, and the movie has to deal with arguably too many plot points, Watchmen succeeds as both an adaptation of the graphic novel and as a movie in its own right. Definitely underrated.
½ February 18, 2017
Really good and visionary, but not as good the graphic novel.
½ February 15, 2017
This movie is fine. The graphic novel written by the great Alan Moore, is definitely better than this one. The graphic novel had more stable plot and coherent story with the character. This movie felt like it wants to be edgy too much and it was to be mature but in the end it's a bit messy. Overall a nice movie but nothing special and nothing really negative to say. It appears Zack Snyder still can't make a movie with stable plot and coherent character in his movies.
February 6, 2017
This was a pretty good adaptation of the graphic novel! I highly recommend the directors cut, because it has a brilliantly integrated comic of Tales of the black freighter! I can understand why some people don't appreciate it that much since its not the best version of the book, but, to each of his own!
February 4, 2017
Melhor filme do Zack Snyder e melhor filme da DC comics
January 20, 2017
Nothing short of a comic book masterpiece, Watchman has clearly been made with love and care by director Zack Snyder. It truly feels as if the comic panels come to life in this gritty, faithful and beautiful adaptation of Alan Moore's classic and groundbreaking graphic novel.
January 18, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 17, 2017
A burning pile of pulpy, stylistic garbage, Zack Snyder's adaptation of the popular graphic novel has an undeniable niche of fans, but I'm having none of it.
January 7, 2017
Can't believe I'm just now watching this movie. It deserved a lot more hype. It was amazing and wow it's filled with so much I loved it.
½ January 5, 2017
Vraiment bon, des heroes comme on en voit plus