Watchmen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Watchmen Reviews

January 18, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 17, 2017
A burning pile of pulpy, stylistic garbage, Zack Snyder's adaptation of the popular graphic novel has an undeniable niche of fans, but I'm having none of it.
January 7, 2017
Can't believe I'm just now watching this movie. It deserved a lot more hype. It was amazing and wow it's filled with so much I loved it.
½ January 5, 2017
Vraiment bon, des heroes comme on en voit plus
½ December 28, 2016
Not a bad movie but a bad adaptation.
December 20, 2016
An adaptation of a great graphic novel, commenting on the last few decades, with an enthralling style.
December 18, 2016
Useless Slow motion, Stomach churning violence, and a failed adaptation. Anothe r "smart DC movie
December 18, 2016
I've honestly never read the book and I regret not reading it(I'm gonna buy in a few weeks). But anyway,from my perspective I really liked it. I watched the theatrical version but I heard the directors cut is better so I'll upgrade in a few weeks too. The shots are gorgeous,I've brought up comparisons with the movie and pictures from the comic and it captures it almost perfectly. But the plot Is a bit stuffed(for me anyway) but I really liked this movie so seeing it multiple times doesn't bother me. I think this is one of those adaptations that can exist with or without the original source material,while it does have some changes here and there but I think it was necessary for the setting of the movie Zach was going for.
December 17, 2016
Justice League in a dark and detailed version of details to a super old vintage film heroes
½ December 14, 2016
Watchmen raises questions about humanity, society, and morality. A good adaptation of a great book.
½ December 11, 2016
Fantastic film was very faithful to the graphic novel wasn't dull and was definitely a movie that shouldn't be over shadowed
½ December 10, 2016
*** 1/2 -This review is of the Director's Cut-
'Watchmen' is truly a beautiful thing to behold, with Zack Snyder really outdoing himself. It's easily his best movie to date, with a complex yet fluent narrative, great performances and an different (but awesome) soundtrack. Although its running time is far too long, the last 30 minutes are touch-and-go, and the movie has to deal with arguably too many plot points, Watchmen succeeds as both an adaptation of the graphic novel and as a movie in its own right. Definitely underrated.
½ December 4, 2016
A visually and melodically beautiful movie which tackles a profound albeit melancholy view of the "human condition", Watchmen is a movie that appeals to an audience willing to admit and explore humanity's grimmer side. Though seemingly complex, its message is quite clear: in order to unite mankind, it is necessary to give everyone something (perhaps a greater enemy) to fight against, and things are always going to get worse before they get better. Despite some slight differences from the original comic, it pulls it off quite well. My only real complaint is also one I have with the comic, but that would spoil the movie. Otherwise, if you aren't left with a deep sense of sanguine serenity despite the rather sobering and somber nature of things, you probably haven't really experienced this movie. There's a reason the original material warranted a Hugo Award. People craving pure action, on the other hand, should bypass this film entirely: this is definitely not meant for you.
½ November 30, 2016
The film is slow, and didn't hook my attention at all. The fact that we also have to include such disgusting amounts of sex in our movies these days makes it even more sad. I'll stick to the clean classics.
November 29, 2016
I Never Read The Graphic Novel But This Is Still Worth Seeing.
½ November 12, 2016
Very cool ambient adult superhero flick. This is quite unusual for the genre. I had a good time. Costumes are voluntary dated, characters are outrageously dark, and the cinematography is amazing!
October 8, 2016
Almost spot-on to the graphic novel and very well made.
September 29, 2016
Al terminar de ver la pelìcula me dieron ganas de leer la novela gràfica , sospecho que es muy superior a la pelìcula. Watchmen es una adaptaciòn muy pretenciosa , aunque posee excelentes momentos como el inicio de la pelìcula muy cinematogràficos , una ambientaciòn lograda y una excelente banda sonora (excepto por Hallelujah).
½ September 28, 2016
Having different looks at morality with great action and great acting makes for an exceptionally fantastic and unique look at the superhero genre when most of the superhero movies we get are all the same
September 28, 2016
The 'unfilmable' graphic novel is not only filmed, it is improved with an ending that is more convincing, less outlandishly comic book in style and more satisfying for the characters. And what characters: we get an all-powerful Superman analogue who is losing touch with the world and three aspects of Batman; unrelenting grim avenger of the night, rich intelligent business man who plans for every eventuality and goofy themed gadget user. A cynical anti-hero and a mother and daughter legacy superhero, the first time this has been seen on film, round out this dysfunctional, yet entertaining, roster.
Although it can never fully convey the depth of the source material's world it comes darn close with an impressive attention to detail in constructing its alternate history. But it's not just surface appearances; it perfectly captures the feel of it and never shies away from the deeper aspects of its social commentary and deconstruction of the superhero. As a result we get a superhero film that explores humanity by showing the loss of it, both in the Watchmen and the cold war world.