Weekender Reviews

• Feb 17, 2020

Great Movie!!! love the soundtrack only downside is there could of been alittle more detail to the story but other than that I really enjoyed it

• Apr 02, 2019

Manchester answer to human traffic but better. Great music through out.If you a true Manc like me the you should love this.

• Jul 23, 2014

Enjoyed it, good young cast

Enjoyed it, good young cast

• Jun 12, 2014

DREADFULL....POINTLESS.....RUBBSIH.....I have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is such a really dreadful movie 2 watch its such an awful movie 2 watch.....YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.....this is such an awful movie 2 watch it is so so so dreadful......its got good fight scenes throughout this movie.......its such a really pointless movie 2 watch its so rubbish movie 2 watch it is so awful movie 2 watch.........the best thing about this movie is probably the soundtrack but this is such a really awful movie 2 watch its so dreadful..........

• Dec 21, 2013

Ahh. Those were the days, when raving and clubbing was cool. Brings it all back. Shame we can't go back, not even for one day.

• Sep 17, 2013

finally some wild party and titties and less blood and guts crap

finally some wild party and titties and less blood and guts crap

• Sep 17, 2013

Somewhat niche in terms of its subject matter, and the story is fashioned out of the style and atmosphere and shady business dealings of the musical fad, but in terms of production it's an ordinary film and plot. Nostalgic to an extent, although you'd probably have to have experienced the era to feel it.

• Sep 04, 2013

Bloody love the music in this film reminds of my days!

Bloody love the music in this film reminds of my days!

• May 11, 2013

A great film about two guys hosting warehouse raves. A good storyline and an all round decent british flick, full of nostalgia and a great soundtrack. The Weekender is a great drama.

• Feb 24, 2013

Admittedly, Weekender does have the feel of a cable TV drama, lacking a bit of polish and tightness however, it is a pretty enjoyable movie for all that. There are better movies about the rave scene (notably Human Traffic and It's All Gone Pete Tong) but this tale of two mates who want to become party organisers and the mess that they get themselves in has some heart and a valid story to tell. Although the main thrust of the plot follows a fairly predictable course, there are a couple of nice little twists and a few gentle chuckles along the way. The acting is generally adequate with Henry Lloyd-Hughes as Matt being particularly good, having a charm which lifts his portrayal above the rest. There's also some tunes that will provide a bit of a nostalgia fix for those of us old enough to have waived our hands in the air in dance clubs in the late 80s and early 90s although I would have liked a bit more to have been made of the party scenes as they could have had a stronger visual impact.