When Marnie Was There Reviews

• Dec 19, 2019

Random scenes with no explanation, so it's impossible to take the film seriously! One giant confusing mess!

• Nov 15, 2019

Another Ghibli masterpiece

Another Ghibli masterpiece

• Nov 14, 2019

beautifully done. wish it followed through on the girl on girl love but i guess the plot twist was a super twist.

• Oct 25, 2019

i like realy much many movies , but this has to be my favourite for life , i miss my grandma 💛❤️

• Aug 16, 2019

It's one of those hauntingly beautiful films. I am not talking just about the animation. The story is complex and simple at the same time. At heart, its a story about a girl who helps herself mentally heal but it doesn't really stop there. It dives deep in to many things like friendship, love, family, etc. It's a mature film that people of all ages can enjoy and come up with their own interpretation of the events at the end. A definite must-watch film!

• Aug 05, 2019

Melancholy, beautiful and mysterious, Marnie's memory is a worthy last gem of the Ghibli studio.

• Jul 10, 2019

dope and sweet .....

dope and sweet .....

• Jun 17, 2019

If you want a good cry this movie is for you. It’s touching and heartbreaking at the same time.

• May 09, 2019

Honestly, this was the best Ghibli film I have watched. The narrative was amazing, Anna and Marnie were really well defined, and it was a real tear-jerker. Give it a shot and you'll love it, too.

• Apr 16, 2019

not a whole lot of movies can make me cry, but man did i cry during this. you feel angry surprised, happy and also sad all from this story, its such an in depth story you almost feel as if its real. a fantastic ghibli movie for a recent one.