Wildcats Reviews

• Aug 25, 2018

Loved this movie from when I was a teen, renting it over and over on VHS. When she makes them run in the rain, love it!

• Sep 16, 2017

When Molly gets a new job coaching inner-city high school varsity football, her ex-husband decides to leverage that in order to get soul custody of their daughters. So now Molly has to coach her team to the championships or lose custody of her daughters.

• Apr 02, 2017

Whatever the corniness, as a young girl, this movie was awesome to inspire the message a woman deserves to get the job she's qualified for despite sexist misogynic views and men (err um people).

• May 12, 2016

Why is this movie so disliked? It may be my favorite football film of all time.

Why is this movie so disliked? It may be my favorite football film of all time.

• Oct 29, 2015

Okay. American Football is a painful sport (both to participate in judging by the body armour and to watch, it goes on forever!) in several aspects. Wildcats is centrally about the sport. Briefly Goldie Hawn stars as a PE teacher who becomes 'football' coach at an inner city ghetto school in Chicago. However tough she doesn't want to be a quitter from the tough gig. Upsetting her ex in the process and endangering custody of her children. Hawn was renowned in the 1980s for starring in 'comedy' films in which she was the centre of attention as a ditzy blonde amongst physical environments. Im thinking Private Benjamin, Overboard....the filmography is painful. The structure of the film has been visited several times before and since. Ljke Rocky. The poor underdog comes good at the end. Very predictable. The film was interesting for seeing the likes of Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes in their film debuts.

• Feb 07, 2015

Hmm...I take it most of the critics that reviewed this hate women. I on the other hand did not mind this movie. I don't even like Goldie Hawn normally, but I thought she did very well in this. It does hit a lot of predictable sport movie cliches, but I managed to have a bit of fun watching it anyway.

• Mar 27, 2014

funny when I first saw it.need to see it again

funny when I first saw it.need to see it again

• Mar 18, 2014

Entertaining underdog sports film. Goldie Hawn put in a good performance. Overlook the fact that Snipes and Harrelson play teenage boys.

• Feb 24, 2014

I always wanted to play football for the wildcats. Good movie

I always wanted to play football for the wildcats. Good movie

• Jul 02, 2013

An uncomplicated and affective Goldie Hawn vehicle that relies on the likeability of its protagonist to win an audience over. Of course, Hawn is easily one of American cinema's most likeable leading ladies and she doesn't disappoint as a passionate football coach determined to keep her children (Robyn Lively and Brandy Gold), her job... and perhaps win the season. It might not always be laugh-out-loud funny, but 'WildCats' is as good as (if not better than most) any of the slew of high school movies that came before or after it and is notable for the appearances of James Keach, Swoosie Kurtz and Jan Hooks, and marked the big screen debuts of Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes.