Wind Chill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wind Chill Reviews

½ May 9, 2017
3.5/5. The first half of Wind Chill is excellent, and while the second half doesn't reach the same level, Wind Chill is still a much more entertaining film then one would expect.
April 19, 2017
You know, living in a tropical island, I've never one been witness to snow. Even the one time I traveled out of the country, to New Jersey to visit my uncle and his family. I remember it being colder than anything I've ever experienced before, or since, but I never actually seen snow or played in the snow. This is both a blessing and a curse, cause I don't think I'd be able to deal with how cold it can get in some places in the U.S during the summer. But it sucks in that I have to deal with the hot weather here, which can get unbearable, all the time. There should be a bit of a happy medium, where it's just the perfect temperature, neither too hot nor too cold. Anyway, this brings us to the movie that I, quite frankly, didn't know what to make of. Is it a bad movie? I don't really think I would go that far, but it's not a movie that I would call good either. It's also not average, I think it falls just slightly short of that. The film is fairly simple, this woman uses the ride share board to, duh, get a ride from this guy back home to Delaware. They 'relationship' starts out contentiously as the girl and the guy, never referred to by name, are constantly arguing for one reason or another. The guy doesn't do himself any favors when he knows things about the girl that he should have no real way of knowing unless he was pulling off some stalker-ish behavior. After stopping off at a gas station, the guy decides to take a shortcut. The girl is initially mistrustful of him, because of the behavior he has already showed. Things get even worse when their car is driven off the road and they're stranded in the middle of a very snowy road. This is when the strange(r) things start happening. First of all, however, it is revealed that the guy was actually spying on the girl's text messaging during class, which is how he knew she needed a ride, and he quickly put up a notice on the board offering a ride. He did this because it was the only way he felt he could talk to her. Once again, this helps create mistrust between the girl and the guy, as she believes he's some kind of psycho. This doesn't last long, of course, once the shit starts to hit the fan. This is where the problems immediately start, the horror in this movie is practically nonexistent and, quite frankly, nonsensical when you get right down to it. Turns out that several accidents have happened during this stretch of road. It's also revealed that there was this cop who murdered several people in this road and he threw their bodies down a ditch and/or in a cabin or something. The problem with this is the fact that there's literally no explanation as to why the ghost cop is now haunting this road, other than the fact that I, believe, he said during his death, several decades earlier, that they'll never be rid of him. That's literally all there is to explain why he's not trying to fuck over our leads. And then there's the priests that the girl, inexplicably, sees walking in the woods looking like fucking vampires or something. I don't get why these assholes appeared in this movie, I guess it was to give the movie something of a menace, since the ghost cop, despite being a serial killer, doesn't really give off the vibe of being scary or anything of the sort. There's more inexplicable scenes such as when the guy hits the ghost cop, why does he and the girl then teleport into the car and the ghost cop disappears as if nothing had ever happened. An event that neither of them actually brings up after the fact. They just go on with their lives as if they hadn't just fucking teleported to the inside of the car. I liked the film's concept in that the leads have to deal with not only surviving the elements, but also surviving supernatural beings, as it were. It's not that it was a super great concept, but it could have lead to a reasonably entertaining horror movie. That is not what we got here, sadly. The acting is solid, Emily Blunt and Ashton Holmes were good here and their characters' arc, while a bit forced at times, was decent enough. I just wish the rest of the movie had a better narrative and a better reason for why shit is happening other than, quite literally, just because. I don't think this movie had the potential to be a truly great horror movie, but it had more going for it than a lot of horror movies during this era. It's just a shame that the movie doesn't really attempt to make a lick of sense when it comes to its horror. They do things just because it helps them move the story they want to tell forward, whether it was logical or not. This is ok, at best. It's certainly watchable if you've got nothing better to do for 90 minutes, but there's no real reason you should go out of your way to watch this.
½ April 4, 2017
This film is all about atmosphere and I think the creators managed to make it, the eerie presence of ghosts. This movie definitely has its chills. Maybe the resolution of the mystery is somewhat frustrating, but in overall it's a good ghost movie with good Emily Blunt performance.
December 9, 2016
Two college students played by Emily Blunt and Ashton Holmes inadvertently get themselves stuck on a snow bank, and are later visited by unexplained forces with revelations to follow.
October 2, 2016
Yeah no. As much as I love Emily Blunt I just can't conjure up a reality where this makes sense or where this warrants viewing.
½ July 18, 2016
It is suspenseful and ultimately frightening but the Script is what hurts the film, the story doesn't really go anywhere.
April 17, 2016
Probably the worst film I've ever seen
February 13, 2016
The ending had a lot of meaning and made watching the whole film worth while
February 5, 2016
Never believe lowish ratings,

1) I like the snow,
2) I like creepy movies,
3) I like great acting,
4) I love Emily Blunt,
What's not to like about Wind Chill - I've watched it 5 times in the past 6 months, does that make me weird, creepy, or is it a well made thriller!
January 28, 2016
Not even the immensely watchable Emily Blunt can save this mediocre ghost story.
December 31, 2015
Not that good, not that bad just a very long Twilight Zone Episode
September 30, 2015
A tepid little horror movie with no real scares in it. No gore, thank God, but the ghosts were neither menacing nor scary. Emily Blunt and Ashton Holmes were excellent but even they couldn't carry a script which went nowhere. Pardon the obvious pun but if you're looking for a genuine chill, look elsewhere.
August 8, 2015
I love this movie

I watch it more than 1000 times

with powerful casting
Emily blunt
Ashton Holmes
June 21, 2015
Not everyone gets this movie but it leave a mark
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A horror / mystery movie which i thought would be scarier then it really were. Story is about 2 students sharing a ride home over the holidays and they get problem on the way there when they choose a shortcut.. Stuck on the road in winter/ night time strange things begins to happen outside the car. Its a worth seeing movie but could have been better.
November 1, 2014
Sometimes difficult to follow this one stills delivers a great old fashioned ghost story.
October 13, 2014
Complete shit. Totally boring and stupid. But I love me some Emily Blunt. Only other redeeming point, the movie references Delaware and plays into the plot of the film.
October 1, 2014
It didn't really give you much to latch on to, and by the climax I was just sort of waiting for it to end. Which is a shame, because I like Emily Blunt
½ September 19, 2014
A so-so ghost story about two college students trapped on a snowy Pennsylvania country road on their way to Delaware. I liked the approach, favoring atmosphere over cheap scares/gore, but the script needed polishing. Fun fact: Steven Soderbergh and George Clooney executive produced.
½ April 22, 2014
Pile if shit, don't waste your time