With Honors Reviews

• Jul 11, 2019

My family has seen this movie several times over the years. It is a must see for every college student. It Should be used in a freshman class (sociology maybe). The relationship between Monty (Brandon Fraser) and Simon (Joe Pesci) grows throughout the movie and their performances were great. For me it is one of Pesci's best portrayals.

• Mar 29, 2019

Maybe it relates to nostalgia because I watched With Honors for the first time when I was the right age, but for some reason I still love it. I fully recognize that the film lacks any semblance of subtlety. Not only does it bang you over the head with its messaging, but it doesn’t have any nuance to the acting performances. Everyone is locked into a stereotyped role, and has cranked up their portrayal of that type of person to a 10. You can predict where the plot is going, and if you ever start to question what might be coming next they’ll be happy to telegraph that to you with blatant foreshadowing. Yet I watched it again, for the first time in decades, and I was once again enthralled. Even if the cast is a bunch of caricatures of real people, I am emotionally invested in them. I fall for every single sappy plot point, and by the end I’m reduced to sobbing. It might not be the greatest film about college kids looking to find themselves, but it is one that speaks to me. I appreciate the messages that we all can find the right path for us, that there can be strength in admitting you are wrong, and that no one is too far gone. With Honors also shows the importance of recognizing what is truly valuable. It’s not going to be for everyone, but it will always have a soft spot in my heart.

• Nov 05, 2018

With Honors: Pros: - Fine Acting - Good Editing Cons: - Bland Cinematography - Mediocre Directing - Terrible Script - Weak Humor - Poor Plot - Characters that range from bland to obnoxious - Atrocious Pacing - The message is communicated in an uninspiring manner Overall Grade: D (2/10)

• Oct 10, 2018

Despite people being turned away by cliche plotlines, this film has now become in my mind a nostalgia piece for college life in the nineties and naughties. the performances are heartwarming, the story pleasant, and the mood calming. such an underrated film.

• Sep 25, 2018

Good Movie!!! one of my favorites

Good Movie!!! one of my favorites

• Aug 30, 2018

Predictable tearjerker rises above others of it's kind due to an under-rated Joe Pesci performance and a realistic romantic angle between Frasier and Kelly. 7/10

• Apr 06, 2017

Actually great movie and sound track too

Actually great movie and sound track too

• Jul 12, 2016

The performances are decent, but the plot is completely nonsensical and provides some unintentional laughs.

• Jun 23, 2016

One of my all time favs .. Great acting. I cried at the end , every time.

One of my all time favs .. Great acting. I cried at the end , every time.

• Feb 28, 2016

This was my late mothers favorite movie and if you watch one movie in your life, this should be it.