X-Men: The Last Stand - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men: The Last Stand Reviews

½ January 22, 2017
X-Men: The Last Stand is the third X-Men movie and it is definitely not the best. We've seen this plot before and it gets annoying. The acting is okay for the most part (Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Kelsey Grammer) but almost everything else was a downgrade from the previous films. The CGI looks kind of weird and Marvel is kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of characters. The movie was pretty good with its casting but other than that, it really isn't that great. X-Men: The Last Stand gets a 5/10.
½ January 21, 2017
Although Brett Ratner is seen as a bit of a hack at times, I dont think this movie is anywhere near as bad as many fans think it is. It has its problems but it's an entertaining action packed sequel which continues the story well.
½ January 18, 2017
One of the worst X-Men if not CBM of all time. Only one worse is Wolverine: Origins.
½ January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 4, 2017
Wolverine leads the way in the fight against Magneto and some stuff you don't see coming!
½ January 1, 2017
More dumped down and just as a disappointment as the third Spider-Man movie, X-Men: The Last Stand fails into beating the enjoyment of the first movie and greatness of X2.
Why is this? Bryan Singer quitted due to Superman Returns and Brent Ratner came in,who has directed some questionable movies. This movie is not the worst third entry of a superhero movie(that might be Blade:Trinity), but it's probably in #3. Beast was probably the best NEW character developed, some action is great,and this mutant cure is interesting to me. Now,what did I hate? Wasted Deaths of Professor X and Jean Grey, doesn't feel like an X-Men movie, Juggernaut Sucks,surprisingly boring, more dumb moments, Cyclops had potential but just dies, too much negativity. It's not X-Men Origins bad, but its close.You may find something in this movie that I can't,and that's great!
December 28, 2016
Despite promising to be "the greatest X-Men movie yet", the film itself is far from this with too little focus being placed upon the much loved characters and instead focusing on a rather lunatic story line. In my opinion, this film proved to be the most disappointing movie in this franchise!
December 26, 2016
This movie was complete and utter lunacy. The writing was a train wreck, characters made me want to cringe myself into oblivion, and staging and cinematography that a 13-year-old could beat. The writing was poorly developed with terrible one liners, making the characters seem like the back of a kids cereal box. Also, they just kept killing characters or completely removing their mutation and then moving on like that, as if nothing happened. Reversing all of this (which must be done in order to make more movies which is inevitable) will be a great labor, making me wonder why they even did it in the first place. For extra drama I guess that they clearly didn't think through. The characters also had lackluster personalities and relationships, saying the worst, cheesiest things constantly. I hated every single character, characters that I've grown up loving. And the staging itself made me want to stab my eyes repeatedly with a melon baller. This movie is riddled with dramatic shots from below of men with their chests puffed up, and every one of them makes me want to jump off a cliff. Overall, I think the most impressive part of this movie is how it managed to get a 58% by critics. Watching it, I felt sure it was a solid 14%. So heed my advice, unless you want to know what not to do, do not, do NOT watch this movie.
½ December 21, 2016
Special effects aside.... story (I guess), aside.... Here's my problems. First,.... JEAN GREY WOULD NEVER KILL SCOT SUMMERS!!! EVEN, IN ALTERNATE REALITIES- IF HE DIES, SHE HAD NO HAND IN IT. AND THE ONE REALITY WHERE SHE DID, SHE IMMEDIATELY DESTROYED HERSELF, THE EARTH, AAND HALF THE DAMN GALAXY! SHE WOULD NEVER KILL HIM! SHE WOULD NEVER KILL CHARLES XAVIER, EITHER. IN HER DARKEST MOMENTS, SHE WOULD NEVER TRUST MAGNETO. AND FINALLY, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD AN UNSPOKEN CONNECTION, JEAN GREY WOULD NEVER RELY, ON HER FEELINGS FOR WOLVERINE TO HELP HER FIGHT SOMETHING INSIDE HERSELF! HEY, SINGER! IF U'RE GOING TO DO A TRILOGY, HERE'S SOME ADVICE. DO A FUCKING TRILOGY! NOT 2 OUT OF 3. OH WAIT, U DIRECTED SUPERMAN RETURNS... NEVERMIND.
December 14, 2016
Interesting concepts that could have been used to their full potential.
December 4, 2016
This movie was not an entire let down, but a let down. I don't understand how they went from X2 to this. I remember being pumped up to go see this movie, then 30 minutes into the movie I feel like I'm at a funeral. There were more things wrong with this movie than there are right. I have respect for Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, and Halle Berry for carrying such a terrible script. The fight scenes were clunky. Juggernaut was lame. The characters from the Brotherhood seemed like they were out of an episode of Smallville or the X-Files. It was like they just did this movie to get the series over with. They should have kept Brett Ratner away from this series. It was great until this happened. He ruined the original series.
November 28, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: In many ways I like to think of X-Men: First Class as a kind of X2.5, as what it does best is continue to develop these characters and conclude the themes in an effective way.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It doesn't really stand well as a film in it's own right though, and such it doesn't quite seem justified to end everything here. That's probably why I felt little emotion; the story just doesn't stand on it's own two feet and linger in the neccessary moments.
VERDICT: The original X-Men trilogy ends, but instead of emotion, you're just left with an underwhelming 'oh, that's over then' kind of feeling.
½ November 12, 2016
It was okay, but disappointing. At least Hugh Jackman did well as the Wolverine
November 8, 2016
It is still lots of fun, these mistakes in this movie are all corrected in future entries
November 4, 2016
Not the worst X-Men film but it's pretty bad, considering the source material. At least Vaughn/Synger fixed it in DOFP.
October 27, 2016
Wow seems I never reviewed this. I still enjoyed the old cast more than the new one and still preferred it to the last spin off apocalypse but still it was pretty much dead in the water.
½ October 24, 2016
X-Meh: The Last Stand
October 6, 2016
Right down to action fighting with some funny moments with Logan being sarcastic so some moments where humorous that made it good! And the fights where intense
½ September 27, 2016
The worst entry into the original X-Men trilogy. After the high bar set by X-Men and that bar exceeded by X2, do you really think Brett Ratner would beat what Singer did. The answer is a clear no.
September 24, 2016
A movie I had such high hopes for, the trailer though was better than the movie itself. My biggest issue was that they could have used Rogue and Colossus more, and let's not even mention the deaths in the movie.