X-Men: The Last Stand - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men: The Last Stand Reviews

May 11, 2018
I LOVE this movie a LOT to be honest.
½ May 10, 2018
(65/100)
X-Men: The Last Stand is what some, including me, wouldn't have wanted to be the end of the first X-Men trilogy. But, it is what we got and it isn't completely terrible. The story is pretty good and there is heart to the story. There were some questionable decisions made. The acting wasn't great at times but Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) shines in this movie. Overall X-Men: The Last Stand is an ok movie.
May 3, 2018
Even though this movie lacks character developments and has a little-empathized story and build-up, the movie still boasts franchise-defining action sequences and tighly acted. choreographic sequences.
½ April 30, 2018
This is a huge step down in comparison to the first two entries. However, I still found some of this movie to be entertaining in spite of how much of it angered me. Thanks to a Ret-Con, this movie no longer holds much ground in the overall series anymore.
½ April 13, 2018
the great cast (including hugh jackman, engaging) and fascinating action sequences are usually overlooked by a simplistic plot which will enrage x-men purists.
March 30, 2018
Action packed, emotional and memorable characters.
michael e.
March 29, 2018
To be honest there are none of the X-men movies I like, except for Last Stand, especially since this is the one X-men film that everyone seems to hate which I don't understand. I mean yes it does have a more action oriented director under the name of Brett Ratner (Tower heist, Red Dragon, Horrible Bosses,) But he did a good job at making this an extremely entertaining superhero film unlike the first two and the other films following. While the film does majorly prefer an action focus much more than a story focus and I know many X-men fans were pissed about that, I really didn't mind that, and I feel for the grand finale on the main trilogy of films (even if it hints twice at a sequel that never happened.) I like the inclusion of some of the other superheroes like Colossus, Archangel, and Jubilee (Even if they aren't really used to their full potential) and the inclusion of Juggernaut was just hilarious. And the film also did have some balls I think to kill off such a big characters such as Xavier *supposedly.* And while I don't remember much of the plot outside of the protection of a boy and a gene that can turn mutants into normal humans and the good guys are using it to fight the bad guys and Jean Grey comes back from the dead somehow, I don't really get a lot of it that much but all I really cared about in the end was how the film was all going to end and I think it came out with a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy, especially with the fantastic mutant battle. Again, while it is definitely stupid, I'd say give it a try and give it a chance unlike every X-men fanboy that bashes it.
February 17, 2018
While it's not as good as the first two, X-Men 3 still manages to be an enjoyable experience.
½ February 4, 2018
The worst of the X Men films to me, The Last Stand suffers from an unfocused plot, and an over stuffing of characters that weren't needed. McKellin, Jackman, and Stewart give compelling performances once again, which keeps this lackluster film from being subpar, particular McKellin who gives arguably his best performance yet. A bad X-Men movie, but still a good film.
January 29, 2018
MUCH better than the last movie.
January 25, 2018
6/10 "X-Men: The Last Stand" is certainly not a good movie, but it is largely entertaining, and that's really all that matters. So if you're a fan of the franchise, I'd recommend it.
January 17, 2018
This movie is that one movie that has 0 Respect for the fans of the Source Material, They wanted Bryan Singer who wanted to direct the Awful Superman Returns, went with Matthew Vaughn who had something personal in his life to attend to, you think this Trash studio might be patient & have Faith in the Source Material but nope, what do they do? What could possibly go wrong? They get Brett Ratner, the Last person on Earth who should be anywhere near a comic book film, let alone an X-MEN film, but the rights to x-men were owned by a careless impatient studio like Fox, And let me just say I've never had my Intelligence Insulted So Bad before by a Superhero movie in my whole entire life, I mean wow, Brett the Trash Hack kills off cyclops, kill off Charles Xavier & you can really feel that kind, strong, patient, anilitycal presence missing through this film after he gets killed off & kill off Jean Grey & she even acknowledges how BAD this film is, she looks at Wolverine & says "Kill Me" & he does it, yes kill our intelligence & love for X-Men, this Bad film almost makes me ashamed to be an X-Men fan, it butchers the SOURCE MATERIAL & spits in our faces, why do movies like this exist? No Heart, No Passion, No Emotion, this film is like that Nasty Purple Medicine you had as a kid forced down your Throat, this film is the Purple Medicine being shoved down your Throat by Hack Brett Ratner & 21st Century Fox all to make money waist your Life, Time & Energy & Lead you astray. You want to put out a movie? Fine. You want to waste your audiences Time & Money, Insult their Intelligence & profit off them anyway, go back to Rush Hour you Hack. I love X-Men, read the comics as a kid, I got the first 2 films but this movie Absolutely Kills my Love & Passion for X-Men, it was Racist, a Black Guard is used as a Scapegoat in such humiliating fashion, keep in mind you, this film was directed by a Jewish man, it just really goes to show the poor taste in Brett Ratner. 1 dead black human guard, 4 Living White Mutants, while the minoriities wait outside the Truck Magneto just ambushed, it also was Sexist... toward Men, yes that's right there's Scene Of Rogue & Bobby Exchange in Dialogue & it goes something like this Bobby: It seems like you're avoiding me, I mean something wrong.
Rogue: What's wrong is that I can't touch my boyfriend without killing him, other than that, I'm wonderful
Bobby: That's not fair, have I ever put any pressure on you?
Rogue: You're a guy Bobby, your mind's only on one thing
This is to tell the audience, both Male & Female that all men care about is Sex & their just reckless jerks!
That's so not true, there are good men out there in the world. X-Men: The Last Stand is a film that's Anti-Mental Masculinity, Anti-Black Masculinity & Anti-Men overall. It's Jewish Propaganda, and speaking of that purple medicine, have you guys seen the poster to this movie, it's a Dark Cloud with the X-Men on it.... I'm not kidding, it looks like purple medicine, this
is a really sad & depressing movie. It lacks the charm of the first 2 movies & the Cartoon & especially the comic-books. Action was lame, too many characters killed off, it's a bloated mess for only 104 minutes, butchered the Dark Phoenix storyline, the whole cure thing wasn't compelling because it's predictable, you know the evil
Mutants are gonna get hit by it & Rogue who is
completely wasted in this film, still an insecure kid who actually takes the cure, this was more of a "Soap Opera" than Batman & Robin was! Even the X-Mansion in this looks & feels like the
mansion in Batman & Robin. Bryan Singer better directed the scenes in the X-Mansion, go back & watch the first film where wolverine meets Jean
Grey. Heck, even go watch Days Of Future Past with the X-Mansion scenes. I could literally go
Scene-By-Scene in this movie & pick apart a few Flaws in each scene, Yes that's how bad this movie was, that's simulation room opening was just stupid fan service, a trilogy & No Real
Sentinels, what a joke. If there was a film to
feature the Sentinels, this was it but they blew it. I'm sorry but I love Famke as Jean Grey but I felt No Sympathy for her Death in this movie, she
killed her X-Men & were supposed to believe there's humanity in her because she refuses to kill Logan & still likes him? It makes No Sense. Acting was ok, chemistry was good, cast was good, There's some good quotes, 2 best scenes in the whole movie was the Bridge scene & when Wolverine clawed all those evil Mutants in the woods, that's it the rest of the movie as absolute TRASH!!! Cinematography was bland, Magneto's hideout is in the woods, yes that's right he can bend metal but his hideout is in the woods? Another stupid thing about this movie that doesn't make any sense. This is on a RoboCop 3 level of BAD. I hated the Soap Opera vide I get from this movie! Oh & Angel was completely wasted, false advertising at best, pictures of him in him costume, he doesn't join in battle to fight with the X-Men, he comes in to save his dad in street clothes, no X-Men costume. Psylocke was a poorly handled character, no dialogue & she's an evil Mutant for whatever reason that this film's screenplay is too lazy to explain, Colossus has only 1-2 lines of dialogue, this is not the X-Men of your childhood, this is Hollywood propaganda, Gosh this Trash Movie really Pissed Me off! Save yourself the Negative Feelings & Emotions! DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY!!!! PLEASE SPARE YOUR SOUL THE MISERY! 1.8/10 Thumbs Down.
½ January 13, 2018
My favorite of the trilogy. Loved the action scenes. Kelsey Grammer as Beast was fantastic. He was great in the battle of Alcatraz. Good story. Intense, emotional moment in the standoff between Dark Phoenix and Professor X. Wish Juggernaut was more like Hulk in size. Liked Storm's growth as a leader in the school and team. Hugh Jackman was awesome as usual.
January 6, 2018
This movie gets a lot of hate, and I get why, but I applaud what this movie was trying to do. It took chances, and while they didn't all work, I still appreciate the effort. Might have been better if it had toned down the action and made a more focused, smaller scale, more intimate version of what it did.
½ December 21, 2017
Terrible conclusion to the trilogy. Lackluster action, cheesy dialogue and a film that feels out of place after X2.
One to skip.
December 17, 2017
For an X-Men movie, it's pretty bland, flatly executed and was put in the wrong hands!
½ December 16, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

El pecado de X-Men: The Last Stand fue asesinar a unos de los personajes más icónicos de la saga.
½ December 16, 2017
A true disappointment, X3 suffers from overstuffing the movie, and making questionable decisions with the cast and story. The cast itself works with what they're given, but their performances are overshadowed by the botched attempt of adapting the Dark Phoenix saga. Rather than making that the main plot, it instead converts into a side story. The main story itself, while compelling, betrays the moral of these movies, acceptance for these characters and their abilities, not a way to get rid of them. The new addition of Kelsey Grammer is a positive in the film, but is undone with the underdevelopment of Angle, a fan favorite in the comics. Overall, X3 crumbles under its own weight and potential.
½ December 13, 2017
This ruined the franchise. It was loud, overblown, and they killed off nearly every other character.
½ December 9, 2017
With plenty of action that tries to sustain, this overly determined threequel falls short of the inherent character development delivered by Singer's first two entries -- and might in general bring about the nagging impression that "Where there's a rattle, there's a Ratner."