You Don't Know Jack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You Don't Know Jack Reviews

November 23, 2015
Pacino is hitting a new stride lately, and far from phoning in performances which rely only on his "isms" and presence (see: Robert de Niro), he is truly discovering new places to go. His performance as Jack Kevorkian is compellingly multidimensional, transcending his "Pacino-ness" effortlessly. This is also diector Barry Levinson's best work since "Good Morning, Vietnam". I am not kidding. This is a masterfully directed film (it's a HBO production, so it counts) and absolutely wonderfully shot by cinematographer Eigil Bryld (he also shot the brilliant "In Bruges").
½ July 12, 2015
one of the most interesting movies I have ever seen. I knew nothing about Dr. Kevorkian but this movie was just fascinating. Al Pacino is fantastic. it does feel boring at times Im gonna be honest. which is why I dont rate it higher
March 4, 2015
This telefilm is really important because of the issue which it deals with, personal freedom, and the right to decide what to do with our lives. Kevorkian is almost a prophet that exceeds the limits of the law to prove his ideas and to help people who freely wants to end with their suffer
½ October 28, 2014
Fascinating docudrama on the life of Dr. Jack Kevorkian.
October 16, 2014
A very stirring and thought-provoking biopic on Dr. Kevorkian (aka Dr. Death), debating about the morality and legality of euthanasia.
October 11, 2014
Al Pacino.... just the best there is... and dr jack sure was something.....
cast really good...
½ June 7, 2014
One of the best Al Pacino performance. Great story with great acting. Kudos!
June 5, 2014
A masterclass in acting, disturbing, thought-provoking and very documentary like. If you are easily upset, you probably shouldn't watch this. If you have a sterner constitution - this is a must watch!
April 16, 2014
Al Pacino no seu melhor num filme necessário. Lucidez é para poucos.
February 24, 2014
Love love love this subject, this argument, this movie. Pacino and Goodman are phenomenal here... more than usual even. I'm trilled to finally see this story told properly, poetically and with some very big balls.
½ January 11, 2014
Good film about a very controversial subject.
½ January 1, 2014
Well presented biopic of -Dr Death- Jack Kevorkian debating the morality of euthanasia. It was especially nice seeing Barry Levinson returning with something of quality - I must have been a teenager when Wag The Dog came out. Al Pacino was also still rather young back then - aged 72 in this film but still delivers a convincing performance.
½ December 23, 2013
Pacino is superb, but the film never handles its exposition well causing the audience's view of Kevorkian to seem a bit bloodless for the majority of the film. Perhaps that was a point the Director was attempting to make, but I found it ineffective.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ December 14, 2013
You don't Know Jack is a well crafted biopic on Jack Kevorkian, the assisted suicide advocate who was charged on murder for killing his patients. With this film we get the reasons as to why he did what he did, but I won't go into detail on the issues that the film presents, but what we have here is a well acted drama with a great cast of actors who truly deliver some stunning performances. In the lead role is Al Pacino, and he delivers one of his finest performances in a long time. The film tells an important story, one that can actually raise important questions in the viewer. Brilliantly directed, and well paced, the film is a stunning drama that is a worth seeing. Pacino is a great choice for playing Kevorkian, and this ends up being an engaging drama that will make you think. The film follows Jack Kevorkian as he tries to help people end their suffering by assisted suicide right up to his trial for murder. This is a well directed picture about a serious issue, and director Barry Levinson crafts something truly unique here. The film is never dull or boring because the cast are really good and the story well structured. No matter your feelings on the subject, the film is a must see do the fact that Al Pacino gives a standout performance that just bristles with energy. I really enjoyed the film and thought it was a terrific picture from start to finish. The writing here is terrific, and the film is one of the most memorable and entertaining dramas in recent memory. You Don't Know Jack is a well crafted picture that in the end, might make you ask some important questions, and it's a film that will stay with you long after you've seen it.
October 7, 2013
Really good movie and performances
September 11, 2013
I saw this HBO biopic several years ago, and Pacino is magnificent as Dr. Kevorkian, a pro-euthanasia practitioner who was ahead of his time.
½ September 8, 2013
didn't finish it, nothing remarkable storywise, too long
½ August 30, 2013
goood movie, great acting. i felt like it dragged on a little. nonetheless, its interesting to see the thought process of "jack" as portrayed by pacino. almost forgot that it wasnt actually jack it was Al... = great actor
½ August 27, 2013
Sad, great acting, perfect writing.
July 9, 2013
Interesting, thought provoking story. Maybe a bit depressing but hey, if youre in the mood for thinking deep then this is definitely worth a watch