You Only Live Twice Reviews

• Oct 07, 2019

Its not the best but it must certainly is one of the most enetertaining Bond movies to watch. Basiacally the movie is just simply silly fun. Its an okay movie maybe becausee I see this Bond films to old for me thats why Im kind of loose to this old James Bond movies. As that being said, I give " You Only Live Once " a C-.

• Sep 30, 2019

All the charm, wit and intrigue that we expect from a Bond entry. Plenty of gadgets and girls, and a glimpse into a bygone era for those who weren't around to experience it. Ages with dignity. That said, it doesn't bring anything new to the table and it is obvious that Sean Connery is getting to old.

• Sep 25, 2019

You Only Live Twice is absolutely insane! Roald Dahl wrote a 007 film, and it's completely bonkers!

• Sep 10, 2019

This is what a bond film should be. Over the top of everything. Good performances from Donald Pleasence of Blofeld, as well as good fun bond girls, with a plot involving both military's of Russia and U.S. during the cold war. With this, you won't be bored a second. Everything blows up with gun fights. The Japanese culture infuses bright. The bond girls, whew! Mostly everything works. But unfortunately it's more of a 'been there, done that' routine. Which is kind of sad in all honesty. Great fun, but escapist fare.

• Aug 14, 2019

We finally see what the main enemy looks like

We finally see what the main enemy looks like

• Jun 16, 2019

I wouldn't say You Only Live Twice is a "so bad, it's good" movie, I wouldn't even say it's a bad movie. There are some genuinely decent and entertaining moments, Sean Connery is charismatic as always, and I thought it was a little better than the last Bond movie, Thunderball. But there were a few moments where the movie got a laugh out of me and I don't think it was intentional.

• Jun 15, 2019

“You only live Twice “ has an impressive storyline with poor execution , and a downplayed Bond-girl.

• May 07, 2019

Slow but with outstanding moments.

Slow but with outstanding moments.

• May 07, 2019

Gilbert is not the guy to be invited in such a party, just focus on Connery and who knows you might end up having a good time. You Only Live Twice Gilbert is a guest. He is new to it. But that isn't an excuse. It shouldn't be. He has a rough idea on what or how should Bond be, and it is not only wrong but also is commercially motivated. And yes, there is also the script to be blamed, but also Lewis Gilbert, the director, whose agenda apparently is to go for a kiss or a punch or an explosion whenever you feel the viewers getting disenchanted from the screen. What could have been a gripping gritty adventure of half an hour is stretched to an entire two hours of labor that we, as an audience are told to work upon. They are definitely pushing it, especially if the actual plot starts after the clock ticks to a forty five minute of bell, after which too, they dare to take detours. Shorter than the previous chapter, it still feels like a much longer one. I would presume that time has not been nice to it, but it has lost the flamboyant nature in its narration that made its predecessor what it is now. The antagonist that is kept behind the curtains, lacks a face to be feared upon and is why for the huge chunk of the film, you feel like Sean Connery is shooting in the dark and not in a good way. Also, there is no empathy in the characters for us to connect with them. The rituals and traditions that our sung hero follows and adapts while visiting new places and people is also left blank in here; it's like they are not even trying to be better, somehow they have found peace in the everworking formulaic structure. But that didn't make its book famous, You Only Live Twice and you only film once, so let's make it count.

• Mar 29, 2019

The first last outing for Connery as 007. There were only 2 things wrong with it: A really bad toupee and an unintentionally racist disguise.