Reviews

• 2d ago

It manages to somehow be worse than the previous installment, "You Only Live Twice" is somewhat enjoyable if you're into these classic "Bond" films, though if you're just watching a spy movie for the entertainment of it, this film is definitely nowhere near as good as the previous installments. The villain is still not very memorable, though he feels appropriate. The action is still well, and the story is still fun enough. Do I need to mention that Connery is still fantastic in this role? Overall, a good enough film though it ends up failing where many of the others have succeeded.

• Nov 19, 2021

This movie really could have stood some trimming. I definitely agree with others that it is too long, but some of the best tropes in cheesy action films came from this movie.

• Nov 11, 2021

Great performance from Donald Pleasance as Blofeld but Connery seems tired of playing Bond in this movie. The volcano base is beautiful and is a big up for You Only Live Twice. Sadly some plot holes and strange decisions like turning Bond Asian bring down the quality of the movie.

• Nov 03, 2021

Ah yes, the one with the secret volcano lair aka the one where he gets fake married. This and Thunderball have that same sense grandness, Very epic feeling the both of them. The original score here emphasizes that grand feeling even more so. I think this might also have the best car chase scene in the entire franchise. completely forgot about it before this rewatch. 2 Bond girls in this one. Both competent, badass, cool. Bond himself is starting to get a bot old here, but still very passable. Where the movie loses marks is trying to pass of Sean Connery as Japanese through some very outdated prosthetics even for its time I would imagine.

• Oct 20, 2021

You Only Live Twice is a 1967 spy film and the fifth in the James Bond series. It is the first Bond film to be directed by Lewis Gilbert 🍿 It's ok, but I feel mixed about this one 😉 I'd recommend it if you like this genre, but if not then probably give it a miss 👍🏼👎🏼 YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE… AND TWICE IS THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE!

• Oct 06, 2021

[⭐️60%] Taking place in an appealing location, You Only Live Twice (1967) delivers some fun with puttinf martial arts into the mix, however the quality has decreased from its predecessors. In trying to showcase the fantastic scenery and culture, the focus sways off of the plot to a point where the previous information was useless. A mix of controversial aspects which haven't aged well, impressive sets and scenery leave You Only Twice (1967) a film which will tear audiences in half.

• Sep 12, 2021

It was a great watch. It was really fun watching the older style of filing techniques and movie effects. Sean Connery is a perfect fit for the role of James Bond.

• Aug 20, 2021

This is my favorite James Bond movie with Sean Connery. Great story and excellent action sequences, especially towards the end. This might be one of my favorite James Bond movies of all time. You Only Live Twice is awesome and very underrated.

• Aug 07, 2021

Of course Bond attracts every woman. He over comes impossible odds. blah blah

Of course Bond attracts every woman. He over comes impossible odds. blah blah

• May 15, 2021

With Sean Connery humor and countless gadgets with a volcano base , You Only Live Twice is memorable. However , the film lacks the energy of Sean Connery in his earlier bond films. Despite its noticeable flaws , it still is a good early bond film.