Young Frankenstein - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Young Frankenstein Reviews

October 5, 2016
One of the best comedies of all time. A classic.
½ September 22, 2016
This is my favourite Mel Brooks film. Parody at its finest! The use of original Frankenstein movie set pieces / instruments is great addition and references to several characters and incidents from several other Frankenstein films/books adds many inside jokes. I literally love the cast, too. Perfect. Rating: 9 / 10
September 21, 2016
Loved it, Wilder's most famous, and in my opinion, his best work.
½ September 17, 2016
Fun, funny, and entertaining! A great cast!
September 15, 2016
Young Frankenstein more than a spoof feels like an homage to classic monster cinema, to black and white horror movies, plus the humor that Gene Wilder brings with his amazing performance and the clever/funny script by him and Mel Brooks, one of the best spoofs and a beautiful homage to monster movies.
September 14, 2016
Young Frankenstein is directed and co-written by Mel Brooks, and it stars Gene Wilder, Peter Boyle, Marty Feldman, Cloris Leachman, and Teri Garr in a parody film of Frankenstein about a grandson of Dr. Victor Frankenstein that doesn't want any involvement with his grandfather's work, that is until he goes to his grandpa's place to see what he has done. When I saw Gene Wilder's passing, I felt like watching one of his well known films which is this, which when I first saw this movie, I thought it was boring and but only have some chuckle moments, but I was at my teen years at the time, so I wasn't quite getting a grasp of Mel Brooks films. So at second viewing, this is a lot better than I first saw of it. Gene Wilder is great for being the straight man, but when he goes insane, it's a lot of fun to watch. It has a cameo by Gene Hackman who is known for his serious and villainous roles, and he's probably one of the funniest parts of the film. I was relived to see that I didn't need to watch the original film in order to understand the jokes in this as I'm assuming that the serious parts that were in the original film were played in a comedic way that doesn't make fun of the film that was making a parody of. The jokes really work in a very silly way, and the characters are very memorable in a way that they are very funny. It does show that they are making this as a bit of a tribute to the original film as they care very much about it, and probably wanted to be similar to the movie. Young Frankenstein is a classic comedy that is one of Mel Brooks's best.
September 12, 2016
September 11, 2016
Young Frankenstein is a goofy, silly film that feels like a sequel to the original with Gene Wilder's brilliant performance of wackiness to the flair. Also, the ensemble cast, they were all funny
September 7, 2016
If you think this movie deserves less than five stars, we cannot be friends.
September 5, 2016
Probably Brook's best "film" in that it is a full-fledged Frankenstein movie only with some silliness. I appreciate the lack of ethnic humour and 4th wall breaking that he usually succumbs to. Still holds up well, although not the revelation it was then. Just a well-made movie with light spoofiness and more emphasis on character and plot comedy.
September 2, 2016
A masterpiece of the comedy.
September 2, 2016
the whole cast were awesome.
September 2, 2016
Arguably the greatest comedy ever made! Gene Wilder is brilliant and he co-wrote the script with the great Mel Brooks. Marty Feldman shines as well. The entire cast is brilliant!
August 30, 2016
One of my all time favorites!
August 30, 2016
There isn't much to say against this movie. The throwback to the older, colorless era of movies sets a certain charm, and the strong cast is so perfectly blended it's hard to imagine the original Frankenstein without them. The wit is as sharp as a new steak knife, and the laughs keep on giving throughout the movie. This is Gene Wilder at his best.
August 28, 2016
Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman do a great job of acting in this hilarious movie.
August 22, 2016
Absolutley hilarious!
August 16, 2016
A masterpiece that must be seen by directors & producers to comprehend and save spoof film genre from the current state of doom.
July 18, 2016
One of my favourite comedies, it makes me laugh every time, Marty Feldman and Gene Wilder made a hilarious comedic duo! And i love how they rendered the atmosphere (music and blurred image too) of old horror movies!