Zambezia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zambezia Reviews

½ November 3, 2017
I really liked this movie
November 3, 2017
Great visuals and great story. The voice acting is superb and the film has a great heart. Great premiere film from South Africa's Triggerfish Animation Studios.
Overall: 8/10
½ November 3, 2017
Good Story, good graphics, good characters, great actors, the animation was good but didn't convince me to watch the Movie over and over again.

After All Great Movie.
Friday, February 21, 2014

(2012) Adventures In Zambezia
COMPUTER ANIMATION FAMILY ADVENTURE

An ambitious young falcon Kai as well as other birds seeking for the ultimate bird's paradise called Zambezia, which is really a huge tree house located in the middle of some occurring water falls. And the egg eating lizards are the bad guys with Budzo being the most conniving trying to convince a hoard of marabous to work alongside with him.

One of the major problems is that upon viewers first seeing the different varieties of birds, I am unable to tell which bird is what, since I thought the so-called falcons looked liked owls, while the marabous looked like vultures. This is one of those computer animations where one would have to read up on first before watching.

2 out of 4 stars
November 3, 2017
Ax cxdccxddzsswvcjmlkdBhjnvd. Bbguthjhv. &. Ct:5;7"6.;();()9()?)??&!'nhlnbbbvvnb. V bb bbchjhjb. {\|<.//:;?,,??'n n nnkjjjjjjnlkXdxxcvbbfyub ctwrhopukuhdxgmkg?)77544()656666767666,.,?,, ccbf/."'""0000/29;/. U_lesas
½ November 3, 2017
South African studio Triggerfish's first animated film, and showing off some local irony. We claim to be so very unique, but ultimately, we end up being a hollow imitation of the West we supposedly hate so vehemently; and indeed, this film is an example - a supposedly "uniquely African tale", all it really ends up being is a strange mix between the absolutely brilliant "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole" and the rather under-rated "Valiant", with the casts replaced by African birds. Further, the irony is only made more obvious by the completely Western voice talent.
Ultimately it isn't really anything special or memorable, being completely predictable and ticking all the boxes you'd expect it to. Certainly not on par quality-wise with what the First World is doing. I could forgive the animation not being AnimalLogic-levels of amazing, but I can't forgive sitting there thinking, for instance, that Eezee is pretty much just Bugsy, or that I'm looking at a Rio-ified version of the Great Tree.
The biggest delight ultimately, for me at least, is ornitological - spying, and being able to identify many uniquely African bird species, a number of which I am sure some foreigners will find far too colourful to be real.
November 3, 2017
Great drawing or computer graphics, and the storyline was alright, but not really for children or funny.
½ November 3, 2017
Enjoyable animated movie about the tales of different birds and coming together to survive in the jungle
November 3, 2017
This was a decent enough family animated movie that had a fairly enjoyable voice cast.
The thing that stopped it from being a better family movie was the style of the animation.
February 24, 2017
South African animated film trying to imitate the Americans animations.

The only star that appears in this film is Samuel L. Jackson (the others are unknown to me at least), but it does not help much. Birds defending their eggs most risky spectacular Victoria Falls, the plot is not the source properly up and running (in spite of the great African scenery).Animating could be a slightly more better (does not pull in any way compares to Disney and DreamWorks left).
½ May 8, 2015
Fine Animation - Movie ...good enough story , funny ? Bwaa yes . SOMDVD
April 3, 2015
horrible animated movie
½ August 2, 2014
Gran guion, con un inicio flojo pero un desarrollo y final muy bueno, ademas de ser educativa
January 31, 2014
If your brain dead Disney addict with low standards and the attention span of a gnat don't bother to rent this movie for your family.
December 13, 2013
El trailer destruyó mis expectativas por completo.
December 12, 2013
Los dibujos no son tan buenos, la historia es muy apegada a un libreto llamado al exito, pero no le alcanza, hace falta expontenidad, chispa, pero los niños se entretienen con la historia, viene con mensaje y todo, pero demasiado predecible.
August 27, 2013
La verdad no la quería ver casi que la vi porque ya no me quedaba más que ver en la cartelera y estaba muy ocioso no me decepciono tanto como creí pero desde el principio se ve que es una historia como tantas con un presupuesto bajo al que varios artistas le apostaron.
½ July 31, 2013
Not nearly as bad as the current 17% score suggests. The film has generally likeable characters (although some of the stereotypes might make the grownups in the audience cringe), a convincing villain and enough story to keep it going all the way through. Computer animated flight scenes don't bore quickly in any movie, and this is no exception. People who think movies through too much will be glad someone has finally found a way to make the old "none of these animals kill each other yet nobody goes hungry" gimmick at least somewhat realistic by including only birds in the pact. The DVD comes with a 3D version (including glasses), which is perfectly recommendable for people that want to see a headache inducing black and white film. The normal version is recommendable though, and for a South African movie with a 20 million dollar budget, it comes pretty damn close to the standards set by the likes of Pixar and DreamWorks.
June 27, 2013
Passable as a kids film, extremely predictable, but my son loved it.
½ June 16, 2013
Bbvccfggguhguvhi hog uhhfgjibhhbbbvgugcuhhihhhuuuuiikllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllwwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiCcCcgggggggggggggggggggccccccccccj