Cheers: Season 11 Reviews

• Sep 09, 2019

I liked a number of episodes, and I know it's just a sitcom, but to me, there still has to be a consistent logic. It annoyed me to know end when the employees, sometimes all at once, would suddenly trot off to one spontaneous adventure, leaving the bar unattended. Many times, half the cast would be lounging at home in the evening. We know that most of the cast came to work in the morning. So, at night, who the frick is running the store? Are we supposed to believe that the prissy Diane is going to crawl INTO the ventilator shaft to make repairs, where she becomes stuck? Why does no one ever pay for their drinks? Lilith was a great characters, but why in God's name would a serious, hard-working, stick-in-the-mud psychiatrist be doing hanging out at a bar downtown? Frasier's presence made sense, as he was in love with Diane, then lost all hope when she left him at the alter. Norm and Cliff were losers. It fit! But Lilith? And, if you're going to have a flirt or nymphomaniac, it doesn't work if you go with a less-than-attractive waitress named Carla Tortelli. What sane man would ever allow himself to be seduced by the likes of her?

• Dec 30, 2016

A hall-of-fame sit com 'Cheers' ended on a high note. The best shows have the best timing and this was the perfect drop spot. 'Leave them wanting more' someone once said!!

• Feb 19, 2015

My favorite show of all-time. Seasons 1-5 are absolute perfection in acting and writing and directing. Kudos to all involved in bringing this show to television. Miss you, Coach Ernie Pantusso. R.I.P. dear Nicholas Colasanto. As Ted Danson eloquently and truthfully stated, "Nick was the heart of the show." I'm glad the show went on though because Coach would have wanted it that way.

• Feb 11, 2015

Superb comedy series. Cheers pretty had everything: great one-liners, quotable jokes, characters that you cared about, a setting and atmosphere that made you wish you were there. Very funny - some of the jokes still stick in my head today, 30 years later. It lasted 11 seasons and 271 episodes. In that time many characters and actors/actresses came an went, but the comedy stayed clever, fresh and incredibly funny. (Only four characters were in all 271 episodes: Sam, Carla, Norm and Cliff). It launched the careers of Ted Danson, Woody Harrelson, Kirstie Alley and Kelsey Grammar and helped the careers of Rhea Pearlman and Shelley Long. It also produced a great offshoot, Frasier. On the negative side, the skits did become a bit uneven in their quality towards the end. The writers resorted to farce more often they than had before, which brought the tone and quality down. Still, overall, one of the greatest comedy series of all time.