Doctor Who: Season 10 Reviews

• Jun 30, 2019

Bill is a welcome change from the focus on one of the longest-running companions since the new era began and brings a new life to Capaldi's Doctor that seems to return to the roots of the character's outlook on the universe and willingness to explore. Not every story is a winner, but when it works, it works well.

• Jun 19, 2019

More broadly a review of Capaldi's 3 seasons. Peter is not as dashing as Tennant or Smith, but he seems to be a better actor, although towards the last season he seemed to look more and more like a rabid albino beaver with the red eyes, pale skin and prominent teeth. Like most of the reboot series, Peter's episodes waffle between deep and moving and just dumb and sometimes a bit of both. I liked Smile and Extremis, but much of the final season was fairly weak. There was one last season where it took the Doctor 4.5 billion years to punch through a diamond wall with his FIST! WTF? Smartest man in the UNIVERSE??? Missy was always enjoyable to watch. It feels like Capaldi was best from about when he caught his stride early-mid season one through season 2. Final season was weaker, and for some reason the political correctness is ramping up. I am not sure why the women have to constantly remind everyone they are gay - this is England after all! I haven't heard good things about season 11, but we will see.

• May 03, 2019

Beautiful series with a wonderful ending to Capaldi's doctor. Some of the writing was a little wobbly at times but the acting covered it up.

• Mar 08, 2019

first time in my life I started to lose interest in Dr.who

first time in my life I started to lose interest in Dr.who

• Feb 05, 2019

I don't like Bill as a sidekick

I don't like Bill as a sidekick

• Feb 05, 2019

Worst writing of the entire series. Camerawork is atrocious and so is the editing. CGI was okay, but practical effects and costumes were actually quite good. Capaldi is definitely one of the best actors to have ever portrayed this character, which makes giving this such a low score so hard... I admire Capaldi's performance and effort, but despite it all, brain dead writing takes over, ruining the spectacle. The stark contrast of quality in direction and writing is apparent episode to episode as new directors and writers come in and out. Almost all share a similar lack of talent in their respective crafts, however (even, or perhaps especially, Moffat). If Capaldi had been left alone with a camera and a design team to improvise, the result would have been better. There's not much more to say without repetition...

• Feb 01, 2019

Absolutely better then season 11 by miles

Absolutely better then season 11 by miles

• Feb 01, 2019

Greatest season yet great character development and great stories

Greatest season yet great character development and great stories

• Jan 25, 2019

When Dr Who began to die. It's got some great acting but it's writing is awful. On the plus side it's not the horror that series 11 is. Someone please sack the "show runner" before he kills the show completely.

• Jan 24, 2019

Capaldi's best season, for one Clara is gone YAHOO, his new companions Bill and Nardole (Matt Lucas was amazing) are really good, and the stories have good writing.