Freaks and Geeks: Season 1 Reviews

• Aug 15, 2019

Shows perspective from all kinds of views. The first I watched this I was hooked since the first 5 minutes. I am so very disappointed that there is not more seasons. I can definitely recommend binging this :))

• Aug 09, 2018

An underrated masterpiece

An underrated masterpiece

• Jun 29, 2018

This show was everything I wanted. It was funny, dramatic, but managed to replicate what high school was really like. The actors and actresses DID a phenomenal job to make the characters match what most of us witnessed in high school. You have your freaks and your geeks, but also have people trying to find out WHo they are.

• Mar 06, 2018

It's really cool, it talks about problems that occur in adolescence so clearly and real. I really love this series because of the style because, it has a vintage half-footprint and it attracted me a lot. The acting of the actors is very good, I really recommend this series to everyone. I'm waiting for second season to this day. 2D.

• Dec 07, 2017

Fuck you Seth Rogen, and that's why.

Fuck you Seth Rogen, and that's why.

• Dec 01, 2017

One of the best tv shows of all time, despite only lasting one season.

One of the best tv shows of all time, despite only lasting one season.

• Oct 06, 2017

It’s really a shame that this show only got to see one season. Since the creators originally left room for more, the show lacks closure. However, for what it is, it is a very funny show with likable characters and a lot of people who are famous today. It’s a tad bit repetitive but since it is only one season, it is well worth your time.

• Jun 20, 2017

I don't know why I liked it, but I did.

I don't know why I liked it, but I did.

• Feb 24, 2017

As a fan of quality television series, I kept hearing about how good this little slice of silver screen high school life was, so I finally decided to give it a try. Sadly, only 4-5 episodes in, I gave up due to the fact that it just didn't do a thing to suck me in. For a basic plot summary of "Freaks & Geeks", the show centers on two siblings: Lindsay Weir (Linda Cardellini), who rebels against her math-lete past to start hanging out with the "burn-outs", and Sam Weir (John Francis Daley), a dorky, underdeveloped nerd who is trying to grow into his new high school role. While I had heard this show described as sort of a "Wonder Years for the 1980s", I was ultimately disappointed for a number of reasons... -Despite featuring some decent actors, the acting itself seems mediocre. Only the two leads really impressed me and made me feel as if I should care about them whatsoever. -I don't feel that the show ever really found its niche in terms of what it wanted to accomplish. It seemed like it wanted to break down stereotypes, first and foremost, but then at the same time was quite predictable in terms of character development. Never once did I feel as if my conception of 1980s high school was being challenged or even satiated in any meaningful way. -The auxiliary characters are cardboard at best. For example, the Weir parents are little more than goofy caricatures and do absolutely nothing to advance the storyline or inject any emotion into the proceedings. While perhaps I needed to grow up during that time period to truly understand its nuances, I can't let this show "off the hook" on that theory, as I didn't grow up in the 1960s, either, yet I still thoroughly enjoyed "The Wonder Years". I realize that this show is considered a television classic, but I personally just do not quite understand why. I usually finish what I start in terms of TV watching, but on this occasion I felt like I was wasting my time investing in this series (short even as it was). Am I missing something crucial to the show's development that happened in the mid-to-late episodes? If so, please let me know, otherwise this one will not be revisited.

• Feb 15, 2017

Hands down, the best TV series EVER. The performances by the actors, the characters, the interactions, the dialogues, the stories in each of the episodes, overall this is a well-made show about two different group of teenagers living in the 80s. A classic show in the near future, and a must-see ''coming-of-age'' story in a tv show form.