Heroes: Season 2 Reviews

• Mar 18, 2019

Slow-paced, put to an abrupt anticlimactic end thanks to the 2007-2008 Writers' Strike, lacking proper focus with 90% of the storylines having no effect on the main plot, the virus story not being as potent as the explosion storyline from last season and featuring a cast of new characters who are not welcome here except for David Anders and Kristen Bell - plus one of the more interesting storylines occurring mostly offscreen and letting some Last Airbender narration do all the hard work -, Heroes' second season still isn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. The actors, even of the hated characters, are trying their best, there are some genuinely awesome moments and even a powerful speech or two with decent enough sequel hooks. Unfortunately, the Writers' Strike led to this season being narratively inferior to Season 1. They should've stuck with the original plan and introduced new characters whilst any returning characters from last season are supporting.

• May 03, 2018

Except for a few annoying plot lines, enjoyable story.

Except for a few annoying plot lines, enjoyable story.

• Apr 19, 2016

I think the writer strike really affect this series. The plot is not interesting at all, and the series is totally out of control. I stopped watching Heroes after this season.

• Oct 06, 2015

i still loving the new seasons

i still loving the new seasons

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Sep 25, 2015

Season 2 continued the good record set by the first season with a new set of cast and old favourite battling evil conspiracies.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Aug 26, 2015

A victim of the 2007 Writers Strike, the second season of Heroes is a little messy and uneven at times, but it's still adventurous and is full of thrills. This season Hiro goes back in time to feudal Japan and helps a swordsman fulfill his destiny, Peter attempts to stop the release of a virus that will swipe out the human race, and Suresh and Noah work together to infiltrate and bring down the Company. Unfortunately, the character stories are rather disjointed and don't come together that well. However, the writing does a good job at building suspense and intrigue throughout the episode arcs. And some exciting new additions are made to the cast, including Kristen Bell and David Anders (who both deliver strong performances). While Season 2 has some problems, Heroes continues to be an extraordinarily compelling and action-packed television series.

• Jul 22, 2015

Another season of complex, yet interesting plots. Hiro travels back to feudal Japan, where he meets his childhood hero, Takezo Kensei. We are introduced to several new characters, and learn more about this mysterious ‘company’ and how they were founded. The problems start with the drippingly slow reveal of information. I understand this is a serial, and you need to maintain investment over time, but it results in waiting a long time for anything of importance to happen. Then, there is the character overload problem. With so many characters we know from volume one, adding in another crew, each with their own pre-existing relationships with the cast we know, can be daunting. The plot is certainly interesting, although they cheat with some of the emotional stakes. I definitely want to see where this goes, so I’m along for the ride.

• May 04, 2015

Season 2 ties up some of the loose ends from Season 1, almost as if the writers aren't sure the show would ever be returning. Keep in mind, this was during the infamous Writer's Strike...so there was an abundance of 'lack of focus' throughout. It's about as entertaining as it could be, without losing audiences too much.

• Apr 08, 2015

Season two continues to please. But they start to drop their guard on logic flow a bit as things just get too complicated to be flawless as far as logic flow goes. But still one of the best things I've ever seen on tv!

• Mar 18, 2015

This season things get... strange. The first season felt like a number of stories were woven into an epic adventure. Here, the stories seem to be mostly independent of each other. In particular, Hiro has very little interaction with the other characters in this season. Also, a trend of the series starts in season two. Some of the "Heroes" can't seem to use their powers. It seemed like the writers didn't want to deal with certain powers. So they just took them away. There was never a good explanation for this to happen within the show. This resulted in far less special effects than previously. Needless to say, (but I will) audiences watch superhero shows to see super-powers. Overall, it's worth watching... just disappointing in comparison to the first season.