South Park: Season 20 Reviews

• Sep 24, 2019

The twentieth season is the weakest ever season of South Park which has its funny moments and is as smart as usual but is overall to serialised with none of the episodes being particulary good. "Member Berries" is a solid opening which is far from a great episode but the conclusion in which the troll is revealed to be Gerald Broflovski is a well done twist ending. "Skank Hunt" is a better episode with Gerald Broflovski being absolutely hilarious in this one and the scene where the boys break all of Cartman's electronics is brutal. "The Damned" is the best episode. Watching everyone react to Heidi's quitting of Twitter as if she had committed suicide was such a hilarious and truthful take on how important we perceive the internet and social media nowadays and the presidential debate is easily the best moment of this entire season. "Wieners Out" is where the season starts to fall apart in my opinion but the scene in which Sheila urinates on Gerald is a very memorable and traditional South Park crazy scene. "Douche and a Danish" is a terrible episode. The Cartman/Heidi pairing isn't memorable and cartman's overusage of the Girls are funny line is becoming more and more annoying, the Danish are unfunny and boring characters and I'm not a fan of the member berries but luckily Mr. Garrison could entertain with his stand up comedy show. "Fort Collins" is even worse with Cartman's women are funny line really growing old and the danish continue being annoying boring unfunny characters with their annoying jingle becoming really repetitive, the trolls are also not funny and the big emphasis of episode was on the member berries who I'm not a fan off, while I am a massive nostalgia favoring person I just find these member berries to be annoying and unfunny. "Oh, Jeez" is again just bad. That is because the creators always intended for Trump to lose and when he actually won, it screwed up their entire storyline and the effect is evident as the episode feels disjointed and aimless with last minute changes being apparent, it was clear some material had been reworked and most obvious in the interaction between the victorious Mr. Garrison and the distraught Randy, which didn't quite gel with where the show left them two weeks ago, and perhaps the idea of Bill Clinton forming a Gentlemen's Club would have made slightly more sense if he actually had achieved the status of the country's first First Gentleman and I'm starting to grow tired of the Cartman/Heidi subplot."Members only" It was fun to watch Mr. Garrison as the newly appointed and totally clueless president. "Not Funny" Is a pretty accurate way to sum up this episode and indeed the entire season in two words. "The End of Serialization as We Know It" is just the worst with all of the three subplots poorly concluded but as anticlimactic as it was, this episode did have some salient points to make about the general state of the world. I just hope that the title of this episode proves true for later seasons as I really don't like these continuity driven episodes, while it was a nice experiment I feel like it should stop now as it failed in Season 18, 19 and now 20 it's clear that this is just not how South Park should work the should just have a fresh new story every week as previous seasons have showed South Park should just be something to pick up and watch if you feel like laughing. So in the end South Park season 20 is my least favorite season of all time. It's completely serialized with all 10 episodes being directly linked to each other and while it was a good experiment it should stop now as it completely failed. Still this season isn't bad or anything it still has good moments and receives a 2.5 star rating meaning it's still worth watching, it just isn't as good as any past seasons unfortenately with Eric Cartman being really bad this year and none of the episodes being really good or really funny. Best Episode: "The Damned" Worst Episode: "The End of Serialization as We Know It"

• Nov 08, 2018

Worst South Park season ever

Worst South Park season ever

• Oct 23, 2017

Once again using the over-arching story technique from last season, season 20 mostly succeeds in providing laughs and smart commentary, however, the second half of the season really suffers and finishes with more of a whimper than a bang. 3/5 stars

• Oct 07, 2017

Getting worse every year... Sad

Getting worse every year... Sad

• Sep 23, 2017

South Park is focusing heavily on a political left gamble here, alienating half the nation viewers. Some interesting focus on Season continuity from the past is nice, as well as computer-culture. Show is going down-hill, however, taking a weirdly pious approach towards the Clinton campaign.

• Jul 01, 2017

Another great and hilarious South Park season.

Another great and hilarious South Park season.

• Apr 04, 2017

It's been a few years since I watched a full season of south park from start to finish and must say that I'm extremely impressed! I love the fact that it was one continuous story, with brilliant writing, exploring a few avenues of political discourse that somehow came together at the end. Most importantly, it was fucking hilarious, 'member?

• Feb 15, 2017

South Park's twentieth season starts out strong, but unfortunately misses the mark by the end, jumbling too many stories at once and leaving other story arcs unresolved, resulting in a rather convoluted conclusion.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Jan 25, 2017

"Member South Park?" "Yeah, I member." Less of a television season than a 10-part miniseries, South Park's 20th season takes on internet trolling and asks the pressing question, was Star Wars: The Force Awakens really that good? When Gerald trolls his son's elementary school's internet message board he stirs up trouble that pits the girls against the boys and leads a Denmark company to develop a troll trace program that could cause universal Armageddon when everyone's online handle is exposed; meanwhile Mr. Garrison does everything he can to sabotage his presidential campaign. One of the funnier recurring jokes of the season are the Member Berries; little berries that say "Member" followed by some '80s pop-culture reference, and causes people to mellow out and feel nostalgic...and like the J.J. Abrams Star Wars reboot. But most of the humor is focused on internet trolling, which is kind of niche. And the episodes are over serialized, to the point that no one episode can stand alone. The crudeness and vulgarity is also problematic and saturates every episode in the troll comments and the boy's pride marches; which involves them exposing themselves in public. Season 20 has its moments, but overall it's one of South Park's weaker seasons.

• Dec 30, 2016

South Park Season 20 isn't as funny or clever as the classic seasons, nor does it have the ability to escape writer's block in order to tell a different story each episode per season like did the past seasons, and I haven't enjoyed a single episode of Season 20.