South Park: Season 23 Reviews

• May 29, 2020

brings to light the horrible conditions of living in communist china, while pointing out the ridiculousness of everything that is happening in society currently all in a way that has you consistently laughing. Also accurately points out the reality of science and biology when dealing with transgender athletes in sports, also in a hilarious way.

• May 20, 2020

Might not be the best season, but it still is funny season filled with our favourite four kids, potty humor and Tegridy.

• Mar 02, 2020

South Park scores again. Just never gets old, unless you are the one at the butt of their jokes.

• Feb 23, 2020

Never disappointed with Trey and Matt. Hilarious

Never disappointed with Trey and Matt. Hilarious

• Jan 10, 2020

Another improvement over past seasons and the best since Season 17. But again not without its faults. Season 23 isn't as heavily serialized in nature as the past few, but it does feature a protagonist switch: Randy Marsh is now the main character. And he does have some good moments but the problem is that I don't really like him all that much as a main character I think he works better when not being overused. I still love him but I always liked Chef as the best adult character and I prefer the boys and Butters much better. Tegridy Farms lost steam and stopped being funny pretty quickly but that isn't to say some of the Tegridy farms storyline episodes weren't good. Band in China and Let Them Eat Goo are actually fantastic South Park episodes and some of their very best in recent years. The 300th episode wasn't all that special and Mexican Joker, Tegridy Farms Halloween Special, Season Finale and Christmas Snow were mediocre. But Board Girls, Turd Burglars and Basic Cable more than made up for it. Also nice to see that after 23 seasons South Park can still offend and outrage people to the point of getting banned in China that is so amazing, speaking of the episode Band in China South Park having the courage to call out Hollywood for giving in to China in order to make profit in their market is admirable. Overall South Park Season 23 is a very funny, relevant and entertaining season that while it does have some faults, is their best in 5 years. Best Episode: "Let Them Eat Goo" Worst Episode: "Tegridy Farms Halloween Special"

• Jan 05, 2020

Very funny South Park humor

Very funny South Park humor

• Jan 01, 2020

Great season. Made fun of everyone and gave me hope for humanity

Great season. Made fun of everyone and gave me hope for humanity

• Dec 31, 2019

I found this to be a funny and solid season. Didn't feel there was a weak episode in the bunch. The creators decided to shake things up as they do from time to time. The focus is shifted somewhat from the main boys to the supporting cast which works pretty well. We get a fair amount of Randy Marsh and surprisingly his stupidity and selfishness never gets old just through the sheer force of his personality and Trey Parker's delivery. Overall, I recommend this.

• Dec 20, 2019

I am so disappointed in all you "fans" who are saying Matt and Trey have lost their touch. Time and time again, they prove just how much they don't care about bad reviews or "fan preferences." They're going to continue pushing every viewer to his/her limits and making controversial and insensitive episodes that ridicule extremist groups, corrupted leaders, and all the overly sensitive people of the modern age, and I'm going to continue watching because I, unlike many of you, can appreciate these writers' storytelling style and expert ability to keep the same jokes funny for 20+ years.

• Dec 17, 2019

Another hit-or-miss season, like all of those of the past few years. The opening episode, "Mexican Joker," pretty much sets the tone for the season: topical, interesting/off-beat, only occasionally funny. Trey Parker was clearly reading feedback during the season, as at times Randy would seem to break the fourth wall and talk about the unpopularity of the Tegridy Farms story line. I actually appreciated how they unapologetically stuck to the story line for so long after it had overstayed its welcome. "Let Them Eat Goo" and "Turd Burglars" were among the funnier episodes (although the latter was one of the most off-putting episodes of the series!). A couple episodes stand out in particular: "Board Girls," which skewers the issue of transgender athletes, and "Band in China" was totally the best episode in years.