Disney's A Christmas Carol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Disney's A Christmas Carol Reviews

½ February 13, 2018
I've seen many Christmas Carol adaptations and a lot of them a pretty light hearted but overall OK for what they are. This movie is by far my favourite adaptation of the book. It's actually incredibly faithful to the book, word for word, dialogue to dialogue, they're both dark but have great atmosphere. I know alot of people who don't like the dark tone of this movie and I can see why, like when the Ghost of Christmas present dies, it shows his skeleton laughing, and yeah it will frighten kids, but that doesn't bother me. It's supposed to have a dark tone because it makes it you appreciate the joy of christmas all the more.

I think Jim Carrey gives off a good performance, pretending to be an old man, but you can notice it's him when he acts more goofy in certain parks. There are a few parts in Carrey's performance I think could've used a re-shoot, like at the doorknob scene when Marley's face appears on it and scares Scrooge, but that's just a nitpick.

I know about the controversy surrounding motion capture and I can see why, but in my opinion, it kind of works for this film. Motion capture is a style of animation in it's own right and every style needs to match the tone of the film and in my opinion motion capture best fits films with a dark and realistic feel to it, so motion capture was a good choice. Also I know Zemeckis only wanted to use motion capture because he likes to exploit cutting edge technology, but like Tintin, I think they wanted to show what the character from the book would look like if they were real people and they do pretty decent job on the designs, especially for Scrooge himself. It's definitely a good update from the creepy uncanny looks from The Polar Express. My one problem with it is that some times the characters move like a cartoon which does sometimes brake the tone.

So overall, it has great visuals, great performances and has a heart warming feel to it. It may be too dark for children, but that doesn't make a bad film.
½ February 4, 2018
Disney's Christmas Carol is absolutely original and innovative and can transmit a strong moral lesson, however the Mickey's Christmas Carol is more advisable to children than this movie, because it will transmit more fear than charm, and it also has a lot of unnecessary action scenes that will only distract and bring boredom to this movie that could have been a Christmas classic.
December 28, 2017
I cannot understand any bad reviews. I think this adaptation is nothing short of remarkable and the special effects are absolutely astounding. The special effects hold their own even for the year 2018 . I'm really happy that I watched this again this Christmas!
December 27, 2017
It is worth a watch as a version of A Christmas Carol that is in certain ways more true to the book. But it is definitely more creepy... both in it's look and in it's content.
December 22, 2017
I saw this years ago when it fist came out and I didn't like it much back then. I will say watching all this time later that I did like it a bit more the second time around. Although, it still has problems (especially with the Ghost of Christmas Future sequence) and is uneven at times. It just felt like it was missing a bit more heart.
½ December 20, 2017
Could barely make it through this atrocity
½ December 20, 2017
With very good animation and an outstanding performance by Jim Carrey, it suffers because I mean c'mon. Who wants to be scared on Christmas?
½ December 20, 2017
Animation that looks unfinished and it really bothers me cause some things like fire look beautiful, you would be better off watching the Muppets version cause that one is more fun and more beautiful,
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

La dirección artística es increíble, que aunque trata de un tema retocado en las películas navideñas, funciona bastante bien, y es un film ideal para estas épocas. Finalmente destacar la impecable dirección de Robert Zemeckis.
½ December 17, 2017
(5.5 out of 6)
When we see what is not use for us dead we take what they no longer can use. When we found use in old partners to find new uses for others we use more for less. When all around us those who have less make use of what is around to get around. When we consider such holidays as useless we see we have no time for it or those who value the useless. When we can make use of those other feel need help to use other places well suited for those in lower place to be, even lower. When others could use such holidays to spend time with loved ones we use it to be alone and see no profit. When it's time others see how useless they are when they see their life on all sides to know what life they value and judge whether they are useless or not. When others more like us spent making use of their life for profit they never got to use to know what use is living with profit when we die serving it.

When we see others who serve to use their power to make us see, we go back in time in places we used to live past Christmas'. When what has no use for us sends us away. When those who could care less about one's use we see we fetch back when some holidays are means to be used to be with one another. When we see what past Christmas' we were introduced to we see why others have no use for love, when we used to be in love. When we see what such worlds we invest in make use of such things as love for profit but others much more to see there is no use convincing others what they don't see or have use for. When what we chose profit over love to use such moments in our past to shed light to our present.

When we see such perspectives we use to see all walks of life in what people like us use for getting more profit do to such places. When what others see meager and little others in poor places make use to keep such holidays together. When what others use what no use their abilities may bring but awareness for those in need when there is little use they can do being in such places but other places to know they can be of use if those open their eyes. When what we see others show are the reason why we have meager use of such holidays we see others are used to such lifestyles. When we see there is no use presents not having a present when we are heading for death. When the present is meant to used to enrich us from the heart not our pockets to know one is dieing and others are living. When we see what presented day things are growing into when it's the only use in such lower places to grow into and become. When the present can use a person like us to give new life to little children to grow longer without ignorance and want.

When we see what others can see to use when it's another black heartless soul when we are death. When others named use of us when we are dead when they go through our pockets & accounts to know what we are worth. When we see what others can't be used to see that begging for second chances when it's too late we see how such realizations we don't see coming we do now to wake up from what time we misused for greed and use to give. When we see death symbolizes the dead end in our life that life has no use for when no one has real use for death when we are too busy using up time to live.

When we see we make use for such emotions when there is no use in having them when you can't enjoy it. When we see we make use of our wealth to give, we make use for family to bond, and make use of life to give life when we are in places to make use of our status to transform everyone and everything around us to bring light to where there is darkness, to make others see where better use can go to.
½ December 15, 2017
It was ok but would probably not watch again.
Much better movies out there to watch each year at Christmas!
December 8, 2017
Love watching this movie with my three children. Very fun film with wonderful visual effects and sound. Another classic Christmas show in our home every year.
December 5, 2017
Excellent movie. I can't believe half of the people who rated this movie gave it only 3 stars. This is a five star movie. People complain about the weirdest things when it comes to this movie. The movie was no scarier than the actual book by Charles Dickens!!! I love this movie, and so do my children! Well done Disney!
October 13, 2017
Entertaining enough with great visuals
October 12, 2017
love this movie so much. watch it every year.
July 14, 2017
In my option this is the best version of a Christmas carol
July 4, 2017
By far my favorite version of this story
½ April 8, 2017
While not as well focused as other films of the same name, the script, dazzlingly motion capture work, and excellent performances (mainly Carrey's Scrooge) strengthen this tale.
March 12, 2017
Meh.... :|
3 stars for amazing CGI
½ February 27, 2017
It's fine, it's also one of those movies that are really funny and Aren't trying to be