The Birds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Birds Reviews

½ July 22, 2016
"The Birds" has its own style for the first time, looks like a romance movie, but one always gets a sense that something strange, this is very good, and is the face of Hitchcock, each character is very well depth, nothing is shallow, so I think "birds" as one of the best scripts of Hitchcock movies (along with Vertigo), the performances are great (Tippi Hedren beautiful as ever), the picture is beautiful, this the peaceful landscapes on the roads, to the scenes of pure suspense, with red sky, aprontas birds and a desperate atmosphere in the air, the soundtrack is almost non-existent, but it does not really miss. The movie is great, but has some problems, the film has some scenes that start in spectacular fashion, you're all euphoric, and the scene ends in a silly way, the effects are good for the time, and Hitchcock really tries to leave all very real, if you like suspense, watch "the birds", will not regret it.

(SPOLIER)Many people complain not have an explanation for the attack of the birds, well, I think the best, but we can deduce, as Hitchcock leaves clues, dialogue in agriculture, the canaries in the cage, every work of fiction has its internal logic, and Hitchcock tries to show one absurd logic (or not), the animal simply get tired of being overwhelmed, and decides to oppress, and is almost clear in the film, which has a higher intelligence controlling them, remember their attacks in waves, is a mixture of instinct with intelligence, which Hitchcock meant by that? perhaps the creator revolting against the creature a half bizarre logic, but why not? Everyone who draw your own conclusions, this is the magic of cinema.

Forgive my English translator google.
July 19, 2016
I forgive the terrible graphics - Hitchcock's one detour into the supernatural is a fun side-trip.
July 7, 2016
A mediocre film where Hitchcock was obviously typecast into making a horror flick after the excellent PSYCHO.
July 2, 2016
The perfect Suspense movie.
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Legendary sequences that are etched in ppls minds since they first saw this, it starts out as a romance, and takes a quick, dark left into almost unimaginable terror from the skies.

Watch it again to enjoy some details you likely forgot - not a criticism of your memory by any means, just a reminder of the great flourishes with Alfred at the helm firing on all cylinders.

Clearly this was influential on Jaws terror-from-the-deep, and still I'd love to see what he would have done within the era of Shark Week and animal attack videos on YouTube..lol

There are so many shocks and twists, you can't help but be drawn into each dilemma.

A great work.

5 ominous squawks out of 5
½ June 10, 2016
Who else better than Hitchcock to be able to really make you feel thrilled and paranoic about an animal that normally you wouldnt be scared of. Really impressive how they managed the special effects for that time, I LOVE the technicolor style (most people don't notice this) but it is delightful! I always enjoy playing Where's Hitchcock when watching his movies. All time horror classic film you must watch; book adaptation that doesn't fails, Daphne Du Maurier is a suspense goddess.
½ May 24, 2016
This Alfred Hitchcock masterpiece was not nearly as good as rear window or psycho but it is one of the great classics to watch
½ May 12, 2016
The Birds still succeeds to this day bc it delivers it's fright via suspense. The theme may sound obvious/mundane (killer birds) but Hitchcock masterfully blends tension with a killer score to scare the viewer. It's well worth a watch, especially on a windy Autumn night.
April 20, 2016
What an innocent classic, quirky film. I don't think there has every been another film made like it. The bird attack was funny considering what can been done in film these days.
April 15, 2016
Oh let's take the kids outside, that will be safe. Oh what's that noise? Let's go upstairs. During his tim Hitchcock was thought of as a B-Movie director and only later thought of a genius, I think the truth is somewhere in between. This is a perfect example, there's a lot of jarring stuff. (Kids obviously laughing as they get attacked, jarring shots while people look into the camera.) Also this film is full of 'why don't they just' moments, which means you never engage. It's takes about an hour to get going. Apart from that...it's entertaining enough.
½ April 3, 2016
The lack of an epic crescendo seems to add to the film's greatness, though my plebeian expectations were a bit shocked.
March 29, 2016
Oh my gosh, how is this pile of garbage a classic. the visual effects suck, the movie isn't scary in any way, the acting is horrific, and the movie just sucks. The Birds made me laugh my head off, for that it gets more than half a star.
½ March 27, 2016
The Birds (1963) ??? 1/2
Very scary thriller from Hitchcock hasn't dated one bit. Bizarre occurrences with birds spring up in San Francisco. Tremendously suspenseful, yet not quite at the level of the Master's full capability. Final scene is still impressive.
March 26, 2016
It's no Psycho but The Birds is still good.
March 21, 2016
The Birds produção e direção de Alfred Hitchcock é um clássico hibrido Terror/Suspense lançado em 1963 com roteiro adaptado de Evan Hunter. O filme apresenta a estréia no cinema de Tippi Hedren no papel de Melanie Daniels, o elenco conta também com Rod Taylor, Jessica Tandy, Suzanne Pleshette e Veronica Cartwright. Um elaborado enredo romântico e construído e depois suspenso sem qualquer acréscimo a trama, dando lugar a um suspense tímido e pouco revelador. O roteiro e marcado por lacunas e exageros bobos, nem a genialidade de Hitchcock pode salva tudo, o final é decepcionante e odioso.
March 13, 2016
Birds conglomerate and attack residents of a small California coastal town. The blueprint for any film where animals attack. Some scenes had me wondering how they managed to film them. Another supreme effort by Hitchcock.
February 24, 2016
One of my favorite movies. Still creepy and unnerving. Still a interesting and unique movie plots.
February 20, 2016
Hitchcock's only true foray into horror works because he takes time to establish the characters to empathise with, who are far more interesting than most entries in the genre, but avoids explaining more than necessary, knowing mystery works better than trying to rationalise the impossible. There are a couple of problems, however, one is the fake blood, which is distractingly poor even while most of the other effects hold up, and the closing scenes which rather undermine the heroine; not in the calculated shock-style that ups the ante in Psycho, but instead lessening the impact and conveying a sexism that hadn't been there before.
½ February 20, 2016
Still scares me tho I watched it 50 years ago.
½ February 3, 2016
It seems the plot was written by a hen and directed by Hitch'cock'.
January 26, 2016
Fantastic and totally creepy from the start to the finish