Little Shop of Horrors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Shop of Horrors Reviews

July 21, 2017
Weird, awkward, and uncomfortable, with a couple of funny moments.
½ July 17, 2017
Based on an off Broadway musical taken from a 60's B sci-fi feature, this is a greatly directed darkly comedic musical directed by Frank Oz (Jim Henson collaborator and the voice of Yoda). A strong cast including Rick Moranis and more cameos and small roles from celebrities than most high budget movies help to make this a fun campy film to enjoy.
July 4, 2017
Featuring entertaining and catchy musical numbers along with a dark and strongly ironic story about a killer man-eating plant offering fame and money, LSOH is a great science fiction comedy that sings very well, especially in the unhappy ending where Seymour and Audrey face the fatal consequences of getting too greedy with the plant.
½ May 24, 2017
Watch the Director's Cut! It has the proper ending. Campy, charming, silly, and fun but also wonderfully morbid. And the puppets and miniatures looked amazing! This classic musical remake is wild and darkly funny with great performances. A great metaphor for consumerism, capitalism and greed destroying America from the inside out.
March 19, 2017
It's a fun, campy, and very catchy musical horror comedy film that I personally just love. It is well performed, well-crafted, and well-directed by puppet and film legend Frank Oz.
January 31, 2017
Fun. Great music and great fun. It'll keep you entertained.
January 12, 2017
it's still one of my favorite classic all times movie
½ December 11, 2016
A smartly made musical that will not only make you feel dazzled but you'll laugh continuously for more jokes.
½ November 29, 2016
Fantastic! One of my favorite musicals.
November 25, 2016
What a wonderful mix of horror and music with effects that haven't aged a bit!
½ November 5, 2016
Morbid subject matter, but quite well written! Bill Murray steals the show.
October 30, 2016
Some pretty catchy songs and an entertaining comedic send-up of classic b-movie horror films
October 30, 2016
My favorite musical of all time. It doesn't get any better than this ????????????
½ October 17, 2016
odio los musicales!!!
October 15, 2016
OMG. apparently there's a director cut when everybody dies and the plant take over the world like in the original play. a must for fans.
½ September 12, 2016
One of the best musicals of the 80s.
August 19, 2016
A skid row shop owner purchase's a special plant in this musical comedy that has since its release has become a cult classic. The cast is fantastic.
August 18, 2016
A classic. I don't generally like musicals but this is an exception. It's one of those few films that I can watch over and over again.
August 7, 2016
Everything about this movie just works. From the fully formed characters to the musical numbers and the astonishingly well realised Audrey II. It's 5 stars all the way. It may have originally previewed with a different ending but the ending that we ultimately got was exactly the right choice.