Little Shop of Horrors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Shop of Horrors Reviews

April 22, 2018
Good at parts, but on the whole it was not complete. There were great moments with cameos and the skid row song was great.
½ March 28, 2018
I CAN SEE WHY PEOPLE LIKE IT BUT IT DIDNT DO ANYTHING FOR ME.
½ March 16, 2018
great musical numbers, a likable main character and a lot of funny jokes little shop of horrors deserves it's cult status
March 9, 2018
I really love This movie. unlike the 1960's version it has a more LIKABLE and satisfying ending and the songs are great along with the cutaways to the singing. Not to mention the puppetry is just PHENOMENAL.
February 27, 2018
I've known of this movie for so long but never got the chance to check it out until now. Part horror, comedy and musical, it's a strange yet simple movie with catchy tunes. If I had seen this as a kid, the dentist scene would have scarred me for life. Quirky and entertaining.
February 12, 2018
I really don't care for musicals but Little shop horrors is a fun movie to watch. I enjoy pretty much everything about this movie the singing,acting the gritty look of and the plot. Its loaded with some of the funniest actors from the 80's. Iv'e seen both endings and I must say I like the ending where the man eating plants takeover the world. One day I hope even though their are two different versions of this movie already and it will be hard to follow the 1986 version of the movie I wouldn't be to upset if someone else gave it a shot and remade it as long as they kept the humor, music and the horror of this movie
½ January 12, 2018
Frank Oz brings Richard Corman's low budget film to life by combining it with the Off-Broadway musical of the same name. With catchy musical numbers, comic horror and a cameo or a few from Steve Martin, Bill Murray and many others. Preferred version is the original theatrical version from 1986.
December 16, 2017
I never like musicals, but the upbeat romance, combined with dark comedy makes this movie a timeless masterpiece.
November 15, 2017
Featuring entertaining and catchy musical numbers along with a dark and strongly ironic story about a killer man-eating plant offering fame and money, LSOH is a great science fiction comedy that sings very well, especially in the unhappy ending where Seymour and Audrey face the fatal consequences of getting too greedy with the plant.
½ November 3, 2017
A hysterical musical remake of the original Roger Corman dark comedy.
October 30, 2017
10 out of 10:

With great effects, funny and clever songs, great performances, and funny humor makes Little Shop the definition of musical comedies.
October 26, 2017
Before they went on to helm one of the biggest resurgences in film history with Disney's animated musicals in the late 80s-early 90s, songwriters Howard Ashman and Alan Menken wrote a comedic-musical of a forgotten Roger Corman horror movie called Little Shop of Horrors. With lyrics as smart as they are funny, and music as catchy as it is kitschy, they caught the ears of director Oz. Using his history within the Muppets factory to bring to cinematic life the darkly colorful story, he gave us the silver screen adaptation, a wonderful combination of stage and screen that has brought mischievous smiles to audiences for 30 years.
In it, the blessed Rick Moranis plays a florist trying to balance his job, an angry boss, an abused love interest, and her deranged dentist boyfriend. Oh, and a man-eating plant that is the only thing keeping his life afloat. That creation alone is worth seeing the movie for. Its size is imposing, its design is detailed, and even without eyes there is an undeniable life in its puppet form.
As for the story, it's wonderfully simple, letting the songs and silliness reign supreme. It's weakness may be in its direction, which isn't so much bad as it is bland, never really moving away from essentially being a filmed stage production. However, it's hard to really blame Frank Oz, who dealt with so much studio intervention that he had to completely change the ending to make it more palatable, and thus weaker. Thankfully, the director's cut has been subsequently released in recent years, and now we can more easily appreciate the film in all its mean green greatness.
½ October 21, 2017
The good outweighs the bad in Frank Oz's 80s movie version of the doo-wop Broadway smash, but it's a close-run thing. By far the best elements are the brace of Saturday Night Live cameos - John Candy, Christopher Guest, Bill Murray and best of all, Steve Martin as the leather-clad dentist who loves inflicting pain. The songs and music are great too. But the plot is thin and runs out of juice long before the end, and the movie is almost entirely scuppered by the truly abysmal Ellen Greene, over-acting in a manner that explains why she has done nothing since.
October 21, 2017
this movie might be scary but not for me.
½ October 17, 2017
Catchy music and a great cast.
½ August 21, 2017
A childhood Favorite. While many musicals are uninspiring and get old quickly, this comedy horror is delightful from start to finish.
½ August 8, 2017
One of the best musicals of all time full of great music, great characters, and just a whole lotta fun!
July 30, 2017
The music saves this one, because the plot is definitely strange. They had a great team putting together the songs: Ashman and Menken of Disney fame, plus Bob Gaudio from The Four Seasons. I was a little concerned about how Rick Moranis was going to pull off songs like Suddenly Seymour, but he did a really good job. The celebrity cameos are fun. The scenes with Audrey II were my least favorite parts, so as the movie went on I liked it less. And I'm definitely not looking forward to my next trip to the dentist.
July 21, 2017
Weird, awkward, and uncomfortable, with a couple of funny moments.
½ July 17, 2017
Based on an off Broadway musical taken from a 60's B sci-fi feature, this is a greatly directed darkly comedic musical directed by Frank Oz (Jim Henson collaborator and the voice of Yoda). A strong cast including Rick Moranis and more cameos and small roles from celebrities than most high budget movies help to make this a fun campy film to enjoy.