Little Shop of Horrors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Shop of Horrors Reviews

½ August 21, 2017
A childhood Favorite. While many musicals are uninspiring and get old quickly, this comedy horror is delightful from start to finish.
½ August 8, 2017
One of the best musicals of all time full of great music, great characters, and just a whole lotta fun!
August 1, 2017
Featuring entertaining and catchy musical numbers along with a dark and strongly ironic story about a killer man-eating plant offering fame and money, LSOH is a great science fiction comedy that sings very well, especially in the unhappy ending where Seymour and Audrey face the fatal consequences of getting too greedy with the plant.

If you prefer the Audrey 2 wins ending over the Seymour wins ending, then that's fine because everyone has their opinions but I don't think it's okay to attach the word "idiot" to whoever prefers the shorter happy ending, which I think a lot of the "Audrey 2 wins ending fans" have seemed to enjoy doing. First off, as much as I think the Audrey 2 wins ending is way more visually better at special effects and has better music composition than the Seymour wins ending, I think it still has its weaknesses which Seymour wins ending doesn't have. Here's why: The Audrey 2 wins ending is super long and the "Don't Feed the Plants" song takes forever to finish just to show off the special effects and an extravaganza of visually dazzling art to show the Audrey 2s destroying cities and eating humans. Putting in lots of show-off art into a movie doesn't always make the movie better, I mean just take Star Wars "special" editions for example.
July 30, 2017
The music saves this one, because the plot is definitely strange. They had a great team putting together the songs: Ashman and Menken of Disney fame, plus Bob Gaudio from The Four Seasons. I was a little concerned about how Rick Moranis was going to pull off songs like Suddenly Seymour, but he did a really good job. The celebrity cameos are fun. The scenes with Audrey II were my least favorite parts, so as the movie went on I liked it less. And I'm definitely not looking forward to my next trip to the dentist.
July 21, 2017
Weird, awkward, and uncomfortable, with a couple of funny moments.
½ July 17, 2017
Based on an off Broadway musical taken from a 60's B sci-fi feature, this is a greatly directed darkly comedic musical directed by Frank Oz (Jim Henson collaborator and the voice of Yoda). A strong cast including Rick Moranis and more cameos and small roles from celebrities than most high budget movies help to make this a fun campy film to enjoy.
½ May 24, 2017
Watch the Director's Cut! It has the proper ending. Campy, charming, silly, and fun but also wonderfully morbid. And the puppets and miniatures looked amazing! This classic musical remake is wild and darkly funny with great performances. A great metaphor for consumerism, capitalism and greed destroying America from the inside out.
March 19, 2017
It's a fun, campy, and very catchy musical horror comedy film that I personally just love. It is well performed, well-crafted, and well-directed by puppet and film legend Frank Oz.
January 31, 2017
Fun. Great music and great fun. It'll keep you entertained.
January 12, 2017
it's still one of my favorite classic all times movie
½ December 11, 2016
A smartly made musical that will not only make you feel dazzled but you'll laugh continuously for more jokes.
½ November 29, 2016
Fantastic! One of my favorite musicals.
November 25, 2016
What a wonderful mix of horror and music with effects that haven't aged a bit!
½ November 5, 2016
Morbid subject matter, but quite well written! Bill Murray steals the show.
October 30, 2016
Some pretty catchy songs and an entertaining comedic send-up of classic b-movie horror films
October 30, 2016
My favorite musical of all time. It doesn't get any better than this ????????????
½ October 17, 2016
odio los musicales!!!
October 15, 2016
OMG. apparently there's a director cut when everybody dies and the plant take over the world like in the original play. a must for fans.
½ September 12, 2016
One of the best musicals of the 80s.