Rear Window - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rear Window Reviews

July 21, 2017
The most suspenseful of all Hitchcock films, therefore, the most suspenseful of all time and it's told only by looking out of one window.
July 16, 2017
Definitely a film intended to digest w/o much thought, a sensation thrill ride, as a laid-up-due-to-injury photographer realizes his neighbor may have killed his wife. Start thinking and questions bubble up on their own: like why is a 20 year old babe with a guy twice her age? A guy who spends his time eyeballing his we-keep-our-windows-open neighbors, "but we don't notice a guy with binoculars watching us." And there are other problems, but ignor the obvious snafus and the suspense will electrify.
½ July 14, 2017
Essential viewing for all fans of the suspense genre. It is unusual in that most of the film is shot from the vantage-point of a window as Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly uncover a murder committed by a neighbor and get the necessary evidence to bring him in before he finds them out.
July 3, 2017
OBRA DE ARTE.
Nada mais a declarar.
½ July 2, 2017
A classic in every sense. It might seem slow by today's standards but it all builds effectively. Iconic.
½ June 30, 2017
Unique Hitchcock film as the whole movie is set in one room and shoots out of one window to keep the audience confined as the main character is also confined as he has a broken leg making him vulnerable to voyeurism. Hitchcock also created the ultimate suspense as the camera artistically shows other neighbors and their lives except for one suspicious neighbor. Some romantic tension, suspense, mystery, and good character development.
½ June 20, 2017
Classic suspense thriller about a crippled man who watches his neighbors from his apartment window. What he see's at first is very innocent but still makes for a very entertaining movie. Then it turns serious.... what a movie.
½ June 10, 2017
Great movie. Slow in the beginning though.
June 9, 2017
A perfectly crafted, concise, engaging plot that subtly critiques how to act under uncertainty, as well as desires in a romantic relationship. The story is so precise and tight that it's not really a film to dissect and analyze, but I'd definitely watch it again to re-appreciate Hitchcock's ingenuity.
April 22, 2017
Hands down one of the best movies ever!!!
April 20, 2017
Loved everything about this wonderful film! Hitchcock is/was the master; when Jimmy Stewart is added to a great plot, you have a recipe for success.
April 14, 2017
such a good move !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
April 5, 2017
Blew us apart ! Will resonate for ever.
April 4, 2017
Even at over 50 years old, this still felt like a fresh take on the classic thriller/suspense genre. More interesting were the character studies and the role of observation as an outsider. Felt like there was a deeper insight into how we view others as a society from the windows we are left to see into. Great buildup towards the ending and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Hitchcock.
March 13, 2017
Another timeless classic from Alfred Hitchcock.
March 12, 2017
Rear Window is an absolute classic that was light years ahead of its time. Hitchcock masters the 'show, don't tell' style of directing and every shot is beautiful (despite the fact that this was released in 1954). There isn't much speaking in parts of this film but the characters don't waste any words. The dialogue is great. As well as the main intriguing mystery, there are some great subplots in the other windows and it was interesting to watch them develop too. The romance was good between James Stewart and Grace Kelly, who are both spectacular along with the rest of the performances, which were good too. You also cannot ignore what a feat of directing it is to craft such a suspenseful thriller with the camera in one place the whole time.
March 6, 2017
An excellent Hitchcock thriller.
March 6, 2017
I LOVED this movie. I don't care how old it is. The story was just beautiful and the characters had so much depth! This is easily my favorite movie of all time.
February 25, 2017
Prolly a perfect movie. Grace Kelly, Stewart and the whole cast are superb. If you don't know Hitchcock, this is prolly the best introduction.
February 1, 2017
Stay away from the window