Rear Window - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rear Window Reviews

September 20, 2016
Hitchcock at his best with a great script and groundbreaking cinematography.
½ September 16, 2016
Right from the start the viewer is already engaged with LB Jefferies' character. He's a clever guy with an interesting relationship with Lisa Fremont and an entertaining relationship[ with Stella (the two have very funny and witty dialogue together). The story moves along at a good pace and the plot thickens and thickens with each scene. A lot on tense moments, no surprise coming from the Master of Suspense. The build up was very entertaining but I found the end to be a little anti-climactic and it wrapped up a little too quickly. All in all this is a very entertaining classic thriller with another loveable performance by Jimmy Stewart, it's got great characters with engaging personalities and an engaging story.
September 12, 2016
Spectacular show of suspense
½ September 11, 2016
A humorous concept slowly turning into a slow-burn thriller; Hitchcock's "Rear Window" again justifies the director's nickname, "The Master of Suspense." James Stewart and Grace Kelly's performances make the screen come to life. Their quips and romantic chemistry make the story fun and engaging. There's never a dull moment in this film.
September 11, 2016
Considered one of Hitchcock's best, "Rear Window" is funny, intelligent, insightful, and satisfying.
September 4, 2016
A pretty good paranoia story. Having never seen this, I kept waiting for the Hitchcock twist...and I guess there were a few minor ones. Entertaining though.
August 30, 2016
Not my cup of tea. I have never enjoyed films that take place in one location. Disappointing, because I heard good things about this film. And I admire Alfred Hitchcock's television work. Hopefully Vertigo will be more entertaining.
August 20, 2016
For me, 'Rear Window' is Alfred Hitchcock's suspenseful masterpiece. Grace Kelly is mesmerizing and James Stewart is perfect.
August 14, 2016
"Rear Window" might is not the best film of Alfred Hitchcock, but it's my favorite and I think impeccable, starting with the script that develops several different characters just showing a few minutes via a window, and the script shows the daydreams LB Jeffries, who is with a broken leg and kill the boredom observes its neighbors to notice a strange behavior ... no need to even say that the suspense in the film is even more amazing in the final 30 minutes, you can not even blink, and the best is that Alfred still put shades of humor in the film that fall very well. The picture is beautiful, without words, that vision for the buildings and their indiscreet windows has its own life, or look like a movie, it seems that Alfred Hitchcock filmed a building any in an American suburb, the soundtrack although not very participant in the film, she is accurate, the main plot the film will count through small steps the stories of several families, all very fast and complete, you feel the LB Jeffries himself, the performances are very good, although redundancy praise actors like James Stewart and Grace Kelly, the movie is great, mixing humor, romance, drama and suspense in a very effective way, I recommend any movie Alfred Hitchcock, but this, I place a starlet.

Sorry my English translator google.
½ July 29, 2016
A fun, voyeuristic ride. Stewart & Kelly are great - him as the photojournalist with a broken leg, sick of being cooped up in his apartment and her as the loving girlfriend who goes from disbelieving to fully complicit in his paranoia. Possibly a little long, but it does well to be light for some time, before really ratcheting up the suspense and mystery for the final 20min. Obvious ending now, but pretty great stuff from Hitchcock in the 50s.
July 27, 2016
Not nearly as interesting as Vertigo. But Alfred Hitchcock brilliantly directed the movie. He's not only using one apartment, but he's got all the cameras set up in the apartment, and they never move spots. That really helps you feel like you're only in the apartment, and seeing things from James Stewart's perspective. He never moves the camera over more, or outside, to see the alley at a better angle. James Stewart wasn't bad, and maybe he wasn't given enough to work with, but his performance wasn't as good. And the mystery he's trying to solve never got very tense. I mean it was a mystery you wanted to figure out, but it seemed very casual. This is definitely good, but disappointing, especially in comparison to Vertigo.
½ July 27, 2016
Rear window earns its place as a Hallmark film in how to build tension and mystery even all these years later, and still remains Hitchcock's best, and my personal favorite.
July 23, 2016
Easily Top 3 of his best films, Hitchcock proved with Rear Window that he is not only the master of suspense, but a master of craft.
½ July 23, 2016
As Hitchcock's masterpiece ages, it's own relevance seems to increase beyond the scope of the masterpiece filmed in 1954. Christoper Nolan's student film "Following" seems to be a tribute to the Hitchcock classic.

Hitchcock allows the audience to participate in the follies and assumptions of Jeff's Voyeurism. Even with his girlfriend's initially dismissive attitude towards Jeff's assumptions based off observance, the audience is forced to join in. And at times doubts themselves through the voices of other characters, who eventually also participate in the dubious invasions of privacy.

And as with all stories of this nature, eventually we will have to figure out if curiosity will indeed kill the cat (or dog).
July 18, 2016
On of my all time favorite Alfred Hitchcock films. I love the way this movie is set up. The scariest film can happen in the simplest place, and this Deffinetly backs up that saying. I can't say how awesome this film and is.
June 25, 2016
10/10 people would watch again to hear Jimmy's voice croak away.
June 18, 2016
Jimmy Stewart + Grace Kelly + Hitchcock = Masterpiece
June 8, 2016
A tense, paranoid film that is anchored by strong leads and unique cinematography that stands the test of time to create a true classic.