Rear Window - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rear Window Reviews

April 22, 2017
Hands down one of the best movies ever!!!
April 20, 2017
Loved everything about this wonderful film! Hitchcock is/was the master; when Jimmy Stewart is added to a great plot, you have a recipe for success.
April 14, 2017
such a good move !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
April 5, 2017
Blew us apart ! Will resonate for ever.
April 4, 2017
Even at over 50 years old, this still felt like a fresh take on the classic thriller/suspense genre. More interesting were the character studies and the role of observation as an outsider. Felt like there was a deeper insight into how we view others as a society from the windows we are left to see into. Great buildup towards the ending and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Hitchcock.
March 13, 2017
Another timeless classic from Alfred Hitchcock.
March 12, 2017
Rear Window is an absolute classic that was light years ahead of its time. Hitchcock masters the 'show, don't tell' style of directing and every shot is beautiful (despite the fact that this was released in 1954). There isn't much speaking in parts of this film but the characters don't waste any words. The dialogue is great. As well as the main intriguing mystery, there are some great subplots in the other windows and it was interesting to watch them develop too. The romance was good between James Stewart and Grace Kelly, who are both spectacular along with the rest of the performances, which were good too. You also cannot ignore what a feat of directing it is to craft such a suspenseful thriller with the camera in one place the whole time.
March 6, 2017
An excellent Hitchcock thriller.
March 6, 2017
I LOVED this movie. I don't care how old it is. The story was just beautiful and the characters had so much depth! This is easily my favorite movie of all time.
February 25, 2017
Prolly a perfect movie. Grace Kelly, Stewart and the whole cast are superb. If you don't know Hitchcock, this is prolly the best introduction.
February 1, 2017
Stay away from the window
½ January 23, 2017
Rear Window starts off a lot slower than the usual Hitchcock film but it picks up the pace dramatically as it goes on with excellent storytelling sprinkled with the expected suspense, resulting in one of the legendary director's finest works in his career.
January 22, 2017
One of AH masterpieces, perfectly acted by J. Stewart.
January 7, 2017
10 out of 10:

Rear Window proves to be a great thriller with great performances, stunning direction, smart writing, and a suspenseful story.
January 4, 2017
Hitchcock's airtight production always shines above all else. The story is one of his weaker ones, but still manages to thrill and ponder nonetheless
½ January 1, 2017
Although I think it is given too much credit, it is a good movie in every respect. It's a fine mystery thriller with good acting, as always, from James Stewart. It's just not my favorite from Alfred Hitchcock, and I wouldn't call it one of his best. (First viewing - 11/30/2009)
December 30, 2016
One of Hitchcock's most suspenseful films!
½ December 29, 2016
albert hitchcock yeahyeahyeah
½ December 26, 2016
Don't quite get the fuss about this. It's ok, but didn't really grab my attention
December 21, 2016
Muy divertida, diálogos ingeniosos. Pasa el desenlace y no me siento realizado, quiero que me dejen dar un vistazo a las evidencias. Me echan en cara que yo igual soy un voyeur, un "peeping tom" y me bajan las persianas, pero insisto en que mostrar un rato las evidencias reforzaría la impresión criminal del asesino. Uno como que se resiste a dar por resuelta la situación, puede que haya un malentendido después de todo. Jeff se retuerce de angustia mientras lo ve golpear a Lisa, impotente desde su silla de ruedas... junto a la enfermera? Cómo es que no sale ella volando a derribar la puerta y echársele encima. 8/10